Brian Dennis: The Flying Dutchman

Cavenglok

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It has been confirmed that the man on the other side of the phone is not on the records. But you know where it came from. It comes from McKinley and Schmuck's bar. Hm. How would someone not notice that?

Nick's uncle's name (from now on because I don't remember) is Frank Milton. You go to the Hospital. You go to the 4th floor. You find Frank Milton. He's a pale, frail man. He lies in a bed between a schizophrenic and a sociopath. The schizophrenic constantly mutters, with the occasional yelps, making it hard to hear Frank, but you interrogate him anyway. They're relatively close to a window.

Interrogation - Frank

You: Hello. Frank Milton?

(he looks at you)

Frank: ...

You: Hello?

You: Is this a bad time?

you hesitate, then get up)

You: Okay. I'll come back to you later.

You start to leave, but someone croaks behind you.

Frank: ..wait..

You look at him.

Frank: ..they'll come for you... You're in danger...

You: Pardon, sir?

Frank: There are vermin in this town... They will come for you!

You: Sir?

Frank: The Rats... They're coming...

With a shocking noise, the window shatters, and Frank's face shows pain. A spot of red grows on his shirt. The schizophrenic yells out and screams as doctors and nurses come to the scene. You move out of the way. They have more medical experience. You don't feel good. All of your leads died after a cryptic message. So what now?

Interrogation - Nick

Nick is tied into a chair. Not the most encouraging thing for them to tell you the truth, but you go in. He looks very angry, and he's breathing hard.

You: Right. Nick, we're gonna have to ask you a few questions. I trust you'll answer them truthfully?

Nick: Bite my a**, Dennis.

You: You won't get hurt, Nick. You're safe with us.

Nick: ...no.

Should you use your taser, sympathize with him or egg him?

I know! I'm surprised too! But in order to maximize the use of the taser, we have to wait. Cuz if we use it now, we get absolutely no information, and with no information, we don't have any leads. Without leads, we have no more suspects, and with no more suspects, we can't use the taser. However, if we wait and get information, we can use the taser on Nick, and still use it on other suspects. Planning for the future, see? :P *mutters to self* Now, if only I could be this good in mafia...

yes let's sympathize with him... for now:P

but i do have one little ques... nick said that sarah started to work overtime because natasha moved in..... but when we went into the house they didn't seem at all as though they were just scraping off... either he was lying or the house wasn't there's exactly like it was someone in their family's or someone has been financing them(this i doubt .. who would finance them in such a spoiled manner) or there was an inheritence or smth but still that doesn't fit right ... so what's the deal with that or am i missing smth?:S

poor nick seems to get guiltier by the second.. ohhh well.. getting closer to using the tazer i guess:P

I'm back!

MissKitten... Your genius is worthy of... I don't know... It frightens me a little.

@guppy Everything's old, and Natasha just moved in. They may be worried about the future, but not grasping for anything. Just worried.

Interrogation - Nick

You: Nick, I know it's been tough. I know you're upset that your wife and sister were killed on the same day right under your nose.

Nick: (eyes well up) Don't lie to me.

You: I've seen so many deaths before, Nick. I found someone's brain in a box before.

Nick: But you haven't seen someone you loved die before.

You pause. you realize he's right. You haven't.

Fib or sympathize more?

Sry for double posting, but i see that there are many leads left. First, there is the Schmuk or something bar. Use security cameras and freeze it, frame-by-frame to see exactly where the bullet entered the room. Then look at the glass and examines the cracks to see the speed of the bullet entering. Finally use these two pieces of information to determine the trajectory and the angle at which the bullet entered, and finally find the exact window in the building the sniper was situated. Nothing a physicist who has a degree in motion couldn't solve. Get eyewitnesses and other people that were situated in that building. Then, if that building has security cameras, track that man. Looking at the map, he would be either at the Stanley Theater, the Boat House, or the Museum. Of these, the easiest to sneak into is the boat house.

Haha of course MissKitten...

Interrogation - Nick

You: No, I haven't seen anyone I care die before. But we don't want to. We want to stop it. Please help make Climax City a better place, Nick.

Nick: ...he told me that Sarah angered some important people.

You: Who did, Nick? What happened?

Nick: So he said I had to take my sister into custody or she would be killed.

You: What happened then, Nick?

Nick: So I.. I said yes and I told her to stay at my house.

You: Then what happened?

Nick: ..turns out both were targets and he just wanted me to take them in.

You: Who did, Nick? Who?

For the first time, the lie detector starts beeping loudly. But you know Nick isn't lying. He's just nervous.

Nick: You know who they are.

You bow down your head in mourning of Frank Milton.

You: We'll catch the Rats, Nick.

Nick: You don't need to. Just.. please don't let them catch me.

You release Nick with two police officers watching him. He has a job at the Pirates Museum. You sigh. What will you do now?

Nick turns before he leaves.

Nick: There's a meeting of the Rats in Poe Park. Tomorrow. That's all I know.

Sry for double posting, but i see that there are many leads left. First, there is the Schmuk or something bar. Use security cameras and freeze it, frame-by-frame to see exactly where the bullet entered the room. Then look at the glass and examines the cracks to see the speed of the bullet entering. Finally use these two pieces of information to determine the trajectory and the angle at which the bullet entered, and finally find the exact window in the building the sniper was situated. Nothing a physicist who has a degree in motion couldn't solve. Get eyewitnesses and other people that were situated in that building. Then, if that building has security cameras, track that man. Looking at the map, he would be either at the Stanley Theater, the Boat House, or the Museum. Of these, the easiest to sneak into is the boat house.

You need to answer a riddle for an advanced physician. :) Yes, I am that mean. Also, Bellerephon, you need to clarify which museum, there are two.

I have no lung, but I can blow.

I can control rain and snow.

I have no hand, but I can push.

I'm capricious, I both stop or rush.

Please don't, Bellerophon.

Edited by Cavenglok

Bingo. That was quick.

The advanced physician's name is Dr. Kevin Short. (take that, Bellerophon) He says a lot of boring stuff to you and examines the glass shattering pattern. The glass has barely been touched, but Dr. Short still grumbles in frustration, saying something about bugs and the wind shifting the shards.

After about three hours studying powdered glass, he comes to you with scarily large amounts of results.

The gun is a PGM Hecate II, a french sniper rifle invented 1992. It uses .50 BMG bullets. The shot was a lucky one - it barely made it into Frank. The trajectory and base of shatter (he calls it, he doesn't seem to know exactly what it's called) suggests it was off the rooftop of the Climax City Public School. This would make sense. The broken window was to the south.

So what now?