BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TMM V: Council of War

Molly Mae

1. Aaryan - Killed by baddies

2. tolecnal - voting for TheCube

3. Nana7 - voting for TheCube

4. TheCube - voting for tolecnal

5. mboon - Killed by baddies

6. Slick - Lynched D1 (Found out to be Robert Menzies )

7. Darth Nox - voting for tolecnal

8. Aura voting for TheCube

9. Bong - voting for TheCube

A. Araver - voting for tolecnal

Not dying sounds good to me

Edited by tolecnal

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ nana- in a game with so many inactives, i don't think voting patterns are too reliable. See, I'm thinking the baddies block killed on the first night. And then self blocked on the 2nd night. So that would mean Cube is the block, but if cube is block, i'd think anyone could be the other baddies; i wouldn't narrow it down like you have.

If you narrow things down prematurely over some random voting pattern, you can end up getting off the trail of the real baddies. Best to keep an open mind.

I'm leaving my vote. I am in two minds whether to vote tol or cube but as it appears like a self block, i'm voting cube. Think about it: the block is basically useless except to block save (assuming spy is dead which may not be the case due to inactivity) so if the baddies killed someone who was unlikely to get saved, the block can be used as a clearing or framing tool; all for appearances rather than utility.

Trainer Manual Mafia - Council of War

DAY 2: For Worse

--------------------------------------

From Diary of Winston Churchill:

~~~

Monday:

15 June, 1942

Another busy day in the Council today.

The members of the Council had been unnerved by the events of the night. But still we have continued with our duties. Locations have been discussed, Strategies have been shared, and all the time, we were aware of these filthy spies, but alas, Our job cant wait. We have to come to a specific point.

I wont be surprised if our enemies by now are aware of the "French coast"....

Their increasing knowledge is what makes it even more necessary of their removal.

The Council, yet again today have picked up who they thought stood out from amongst them.

Fingers fixed upon Cube

He realised it was no use now... no use... He did no accusing, no protesting... He walked on. Walked to his doom.

Little did the Council know, that it was the last they saw of Bernard L. Montgomery

Rest in Peace, your noble soul

Let your sacrifice be not wasted....

You might have been amongst us. Lest

Had not the Council hasted.

200px-Sir_Winston_Churchill_signature.svg.png

~~~

2. tolecnal

3. Nana7

4. TheCube - Lynched D2 (Found out to be Bernard L. Montgomery)

7. Darth Nox

8. Aura

9. Bong

A. Araver

Edited by Anon26

I guessed wrong. Shoot. With no save I do not see how goodie can win this. I still think TCN and Bong are the other goodies. I could not tell between the other 4 though.

Cube, like Aura said, baddie might block any random goodie just to lay suspicion that it was a self block. It worked. I am guessing they decided to hold that card in reserve after you voted TCN and to bandwagon with you instead. Shoot.

I was hoping Bong was the spy and had spied Cube and the vote was a clue. And really really hoping Cube had self blocked n2. I should have stayed on Nox. Ara waving me off should have been enough. Dang! A bad Ara would not have waved me off a good Nox. Why bother? A good Ara might, which is what I did not think through, because a good Ara means Nox is bad if my narrowing baddies to 3 of Arua, Ara, Nox, and Cub was right. It was right in front of me, vote Nox for guarantee. I did not catch that.

Well ... @Aura - you've failed the test. I thought I was obvious enough, even for newbies. If you want, we can try the Segul test on that *shrug*

@Nana - And you have failed me as well.

OOC: Please don't shorten my name like that. It's short as it is ;). Use AV if you must (as it comes from AraVer).

@rest - sorry I could not actually devote more time this day. I knew I could turn the lynch, but did not make it time :(

*wave* *wave* *wave* *wave*

I was hoping Bong was the spy and had spied Cube and the vote was a clue. And really really hoping Cube had self blocked n2. I should have stayed on Nox. Ara waving me off should have been enough. Dang! A bad Ara would not have waved me off a good Nox. Why bother? A good Ara might, which is what I did not think through, because a good Ara means Nox is bad if my narrowing baddies to 3 of Arua, Ara, Nox, and Cub was right. It was right in front of me, vote Nox for guarantee. I did not catch that.

yeah, im calling bull crap on that, its you for sure, youve been on both of the goodies that have been lynched

Who do you think you are fooling, baddie? It is you, AV, and Aura. Well played by AV for sounding so goodie and getting me off you and to vote TCN. It was not until I really analyzed the situation that I realized TCN was the good one.

Trainer Manual Mafia - Council of War

NIGHT 3: The Fall of the Council

From Diary of Jan Lucas:

~~~

15 June, 1942

London.

At last, our days of work is showing result.

And I am already aware of that 'French Coast'- They are gonna plan an assault at 'Dieppe'...

I have done what I could, and I must now return to the motherland, and tell them the news.

I and Joseph, today had disposed Nana off, in preparation of our return. We left her to die, and gladly aware that no one can save him now.

Finn took a day off. He too is looking forward for our Journey back home.

Marian Rejewski was up again today. I half care if he even founds us now. Its late now, our fate have been written.

I look forward.

JL_signature.png

~~~

2. tolecnal

3. Nana7 - Killed by Baddies

4. TheCube - Lynched D2 (Found out to be Bernard L. Montgomery)

7. Darth Nox

8. Aura

9. Bong

A. Araver

BADDIES WIN!

Edited by Anon26

1. Aaryan - Manuel Ávila Camacho

2. tolecnal - Jan Lucas

3. Nana7 - Franklin Roosevelt

4. TheCube - Bernard L. Montgomery

5. mboon - Joseph Stalin

6. Slick - Robert Menzies

7. Darth Nox - Charles de Gaulle

8. Aura - Brigadier General Joseph Bran

9. Bong - Finn Niklas

A. Araver - Marian Rejewski

Hope I got the replacements right....

I just want to let everyone know that Anon hosted this game while I took a serious back seat.

With the exception of putting up the OP (which Anon wrote), giving the spy his N2 result, and answering a few questions, Anon did everything and he did it very well.

A very successful TMM, if I do say so (which I do because I just did).

Congratulations Anon and Molly for a very entertaining Mafia, I liked the story very much :thumbsup:

Congratulations baddies, since, well, you've won :P

I have one word for Nana though, and please don't take this the wrong way, these are just my personal experiences/conclusions/biases rounded over more games. Also, this game is over so you can take what I'm saying at face value now ;)

All of the statements below are true, but the order is important:

#1 Mafia is not a straight-logic game. Players need to conceal a lot in the game, starting with their role, their intentions and their inner suspicions. Without that, one would more likely loose than win. As a corrolary, people should expect the other (experienced) players to act the same and not take everything at face-value.

#2 Without logic, one would most likely loose than win. (Much more likely loose as a Goodie).

#3 There may come a time when it may seem that the game will be lost soon if decisive action is not taken quickly. That is a time when metalogic dictates #1 and #2 will not get a win and must be put on hold.

So, basically, in this game ... you've broken #1 on D1 by outing the most important Goodie role (the one which makes a difference in the worst case endgame 3 vs 3), then you've broken #2 on D2 by not trusting 3 of the persons voting for tolecnal ... one of which could have been the spy (maybe the one saying evidence every post) and chose to not vote for someone who did not defend at all and voted for a goodie D1. As a vote manip, that's deadly poison :(

I'm not picking on you in any way, I'm only sharing the above thoughts because you're obviously capable of being considered no longer a newbie :thumbsup: and thus stand to benefit the most from feedback from each and every game.

And I'm not considering you the culprit for goodies losing or anything ... I have also seriously broke #3 in this game by not being there, as I intended, 3-4 hours before D2 end, to out myself if needed to lynch tolecnal (and if my hints had not been picked up). And it was my duty as the spy to do so. I did not, and we lost.

@Anon & Molly - re: the meta-superstition. I was wrong ... need more study :D

Edited by araver