BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TMM V: Council of War

Molly Mae

1. Aaryan - Killed by baddies

2. tolecnal

3. Nana7 - voting for Aura

4. TheCube - voting for tolecnal

5. mboon - Killed by baddies

6. Slick - Lynched D1 (Found out to be Robert Menzies )

7. Darth Nox

8. Aura

9. Bong

A. Araver - voting for tolecnal

I am voting for Aura afterall. Her defend of Slick still looks illogical to me and a baddie would defend him to look good.

Edited by Nana7

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I explained my reasoning well. .... But I am learning, humans are illogical. :)

Yes, you did. That bit I've thrown at you during the night was meant to keep you alive. Or me. Or both. Not needed now. It's not that .

And I can't speak for all humans but were pretty logical. You can't extrapolate from 1 person. Also, more often what it looks like is not what it is in a game of Mafia.

I have no idea who to vote. Aura is a suspect for me because I still think her defend of Slick was illogical. There is that word again. I thought TNC voted Slick to alleviate suspicion, but a baddie would have known he was good and thus defending him and voting elsewhere or not at all would look good after the lynch. Voting for him in the end hurt that. Then again, I was mounting an attack on TNC at the time, so voting Slick put an end to that the only way possible. That does not equal baddie though, a goodie would want to stay alive too.

So, this is why she must be still alive today.

Btw, not so fun for you to vote for each other on D2 is it? I mean you not voting for tolecnal nor she for you.

And thank you for giving enough info to add to Cube's conjecture.

@Cube - 2/3 or 3/3 with Bong yet to speak.

People I think are baddies (keyword: think)

1. Nana7

2. tolencal

3. Bong

Reason: well nana and TNC (tolencal) are just acting strange and Bong is voting with them (although it could be a goodie finding reason to baddies logic)

I just agreed with them and did what I thought was right. I believed Slick was a baddie and I was wrong. But just because i jumped on the bandwagon doesn't mean that I'm a baddie. It just means I thought I was right.

Araver, if that is what you think, then know that if the vote stays exactly as it is now, my claim will have been proven though I doubt I would live to see day 3.

2. tolecnal

7. Darth Nox

8. Aura

9. Bong - voting for TheCube

Nana7- For some reason, I think you know who the baddies are BECAUSE you are one. I think the only reason you voted for Slick was because you knew he was a goodie since you know who the baddies are. You didn't know whether he was vanilla or not (obviously), but you also didn't know who had power roles. However, I can't be sure, so I'm not voting for you right now.

TheCube- you just sound suspicious to me,which is why I'm voting for you.

2. tolecnal - voting for Darth Nox

7. Darth Nox - voting for tolecnal

8. Aura

I thought TNC voted Slick to alleviate suspicion, but a baddie would have known he was good and thus defending him and voting elsewhere or not at all would look good after the lynch. Voting for him in the end hurt that. Then again, I was mounting an attack on TNC at the time, so voting Slick put an end to that the only way possible. That does not equal baddie though, a goodie would want to stay alive too.

In addition to wanting to get Nana off my back, I voted for Slick because I didn't have a valid reason to vote for anyone else. The only people playing at that point were: TheCube, Slick, Bong, Nana7 and Aura. Aura hadn't even had a chance to say very much because she replaced KM1 only hours before the vote. Nana7 had outted herself out as a power role and no one had argued against it and she'd outted or believed she'd outted Bong - I believed her and wouldn't vote for people that are known goodies. Leaving only TheCube or Slick, as voting for TheCube would (1) look like I was just trying to get him back for voting for me, (2) look shady because he said he wouldn't be available to defend himself and (3) wouldn't have done anything except give Nana a reason to vote for me (as I wouldn't be agreeing with her) - I voted for Slick because I thought if you didn't vote you could get mod killed for inactivity, is that right? (goodness...is that even an appropriate use of the phrase "mod kill"? I'm not even sure what that really translates to)

Voting for Darth Nox, as it is totally possible that at least some of the baddies were amongst the inactives

I learned not to jump the gun in a newbie game rather than a non newbie game. :P

The problem is, you put your foot in your mouth in HPY3 as a baddie, throughout the game, despite your team mates telling you to stop. So this is what bothers me; that you didn't learn. Anyone can make mistakes but when you keep doing the same thing after I've witnessed other people pointing it out, and when it affects your team, it's not right.

I think I explained my reasoning well. Slick's appearing to claim a power role and then never explaining what he really meant or why he did it, that still boggles my mind. Yep, that's what Slick does; he boggles the mind.

I would have not claimed a power if I were vanilla, and even if I did (to draw baddie attention?) I would def have explained that if I drew unwanted goodie attention instead. Instead, he tried to intimidate me, which just made me even more convinced. I was wrong, I would probably do better playing with Vulcans. OR thinking further than the first conclusion you come to. Also, life would be boring if we were all the same. So, the interesting thing about this game is learning how others think and being able to read them based on this, rather than basing it on "logic" which you'll find many players don't subscribe to! But I am learning, humans are illogical. :)

What is "illogical" is outing every single one of the power roles on Day 1. Are you serious?! You asked the goodies if you should and I didn't hear anyone answering you (in fact, even the baddies didn't :wacko:) . So why on earth did you do it? It's bad enough that you outed yourself, we need the vote manip at end game. But how dare you out other people? That is their choice to make. That is so arrogant!

I have no idea who to vote. Aura is a suspect for me because I still think her defend of Slick was illogical.

No, I just know how to read people's posts carefully. I don't run with the first interpretation I come across and quit thinking after that. Your problem is you are SO sure of what you believe that you don't think things through. One erroneous conclusion sends you on a path down a whole string of theories.

When I read his post, my innate interpretation, without consciously thinking, was that he was talking about his character (not ability) Then I read through to your post saying he couldn't be a power role, and went back and re-read his post. This is where knowing Slick comes into things. Knowing him, I could see that if he wasn't a power role, which he still could have been, he was probably just trying to say he was a goodie but not being too articulate about it. I've only played a couple of games with him. You have the same chance to do what I've done and read past mafias, learning the game and the players.

I'm going to stop here cos there's too much more I want to say. (e.g - the amount of times I have witnessed you attempting to speak for the host or take over the thread, not just this game but others. The hosts don't require your help.) You outed all the power roles in this game, and as a ghost in HPY3 you attempted to out the lynched role 15 minutes after day ended. Idc if later on Shadow said she didn't mind. I can promise you most other hosts (and players) would have been extremely incensed and mortified (and plenty were.)

You're obviously extremely intelligent but your mind is blocking you from seeing what's going on, and I can promise you, is alienating people. There are certain mafia ettiquettes and social norms that we go by as a community, and perhaps you should take a step back and observe these.

Well, I really wasn't here I was on vacation TNC I was able to maintain the schedule so I didn't need a replacement.

Yea, when Nana said you were on vacation I didn't think she was lying and I never thought you needed a replacement :blink:, eh?

OOC: If you want to shorten my name shouldn't it be TCN?

"and as a ghost in HPY3 you attempted to out the lynched role 15 minutes after day ended. "

No, it was an HOUR and 15 minutes later and I did not attempt to, I was asked to by one of the players. I was not looking to get involved except to offer a reason why the day post had not occured yet after 45 minutes, and that was it.

You're obviously extremely intelligent but your mind is blocking you from seeing what's going on, and I can promise you, is alienating people. There are certain mafia ettiquettes and social norms that we go by as a community, and perhaps you should take a step back and observe these

If there is a list or if you would not mind telling me of those norms/ettiquettes here or in pm, I honestly would appreciate that. All I have seen is what is in the newbie guide and believe I have followed that.

Regarding outting everyone, the n1 post already outted the 2 other than myself. At least 1 of the 3 baddies had to have realized that and told the other 2, assuming either of them had not realized it as well. If that is true, that means the only people who would not know would be individual goodies. So was it still wrong to point it out in public? Maybe due to norms? When I did out all, I did mention that the baddies surely already knew what I was about to say.

The problem is, you put your foot in your mouth in HPY3 as a baddie, throughout the game, despite your team mates telling you to stop. So this is what bothers me; that you didn't learn. Anyone can make mistakes but when you keep doing the same thing after I've witnessed other people pointing it out, and when it affects your team, it's not right.

I was told to stop responding to accusations against me at night. They never said anything about foot in mouth or jumping the gun.

-edit and if you read the baddie btsc there you would see that I did in fact begin submitting my posts there for approval, as much as it frustrated me to have to sit silent when I really wanted to respond.

Edited by Nana7

First, you definitely outed yourself. (Well, we assume.)

Second, the spy may have been inactive and not put an action in.

Third, the save may have saved Bong rather than Bong self saving.

I agree that yours are the more common conclusions but it is totally possible and even probable, going by the events of this mafia, that one or both of no. 2 and 3. are the case. Therefore, yes you did out all the power roles. What about if the baddies didn't analyse the post like we did? Maybe they hadn't realised any of this. But you laid it out on a platter for them. I can't help thinking WHY? would a goodie do that. It comes down to the same thing: you have a choice - you are either misguided/illogical or a baddie. Which would you rather? I just can't believe that you would make a mistake like that. But anything is possible.

As for list of etiquettes. Social norms are social norms; learned by observation. Social norm #1: Let the host be the boss of their own game. Norm #2: Don't out another player unless they are on the opposite faction.

Another tip: read into everything a few layers deep, then double the number of layers and repeat. When you locate the correct layer, go forward or back one. :P

Don't mind me, I was just frustrated in my last post. Just trying to figure out your motives. But I doubt a baddie would out the save, spy and claim the vote manip. Then again, that's WIFOM for you. But I don't see any real advantage, over all. Maybe for a day or 2 but it would all come crumbling down pretty soon.

So like you said, we are back where we started. I've pondered the fact that it only takes one baddie to powerplay the night actions. Maybe one of the low liers was playing inactive. Or maybe it's tolecnal, Bong or Cube.

Seeing as you are confirmed goodie (not really but I am treating you as if you are), and I know I am a vanilla goodie, our theories are the only ones I can trust. So what have you observed that I may not have? I seriously don't know where to start with this. I feel like voting for a replaced player is pointless as they must be the vanillas but yet, it only takes 1 baddie to powerplay and also I'm not getting any clear target from the people who were active from the start.

Roster in next post.

That's all I can come up with right now.

Edited by Auramyna

8. Aura voting for TheCube

Haven't heard much from Cubie and what I have heard hasn't really settled my mind.

3. Nana7 - voting for Darth Nox

voting for Nox because he totally screwed up my plan to prove my id. grrrrr.

Araver, if that is what you think, then know that if the vote stays exactly as it is now, my claim will have been proven though I doubt I would live to see day 3.

If your claim had been right, you would have been killed already. Or if they decided you were gonna be saved, they would have blocked the saver you "outed". So, kinda flimsy rationale if you ask me.

Vote for tolecnal. I'm only gonna say this once. If you do that, you're gonna clear your name.

I just agreed with them and did what I thought was right. I believed Slick was a baddie and I was wrong. But just because i jumped on the bandwagon doesn't mean that I'm a baddie. It just means I thought I was right.

Very well. That was an honest answer. As I said 3/3 would have been too much.

Haven't heard much from Cubie and what I have heard hasn't really settled my mind.

Between me and you and Cube (who was blocked), someone has to have evidence.

Hoping you'll be around later on.

3. Nana7 - voting for tolecnal

fine. nobody trusts me but the baddies anyway and if they don't kill me tonight then I am sure to be lynched tomorrow. :help:

3. Nana7 - voting for TheCube

Aura, my thoughts.

First, Cube and TCN can not both be bad. Either both good or one is bad.

Here are some scenarios.

Say Bong is the forgetful spy and Cube baddie and self blocked.

Baddies are Cube and 2 of Nox, Ara, Aura.

Say Bong is not the spy and Cube baddie and self blocked.

Baddies are Cube and 2 of Nox, Ara, Aura, Bong.

Spy is among Nox, Ara, Aura

Say Cube and TCN both good.

Baddies are 3 from Nox, Aura, Ara, Bong.

Say TCN bad,

Baddies are Aura and Bong.

Some conclusions are from the votes. And of course if you add me as maybe bad, I could fit in any scenario above as bad.

Now I am thinking. They killed Aaryan, who was unlikely to be saved. They did not need their block to block the saver unless the saver was Aaryan and was self saving. I do not see why they would think Cube was save him. Maybe they blocked Cube in case he was spy? Possible. But would Cube have forgotten to spy? No. So I rule that out. Did they block random goodie? If Baddie are TCN, Aura, Bong, would you have blocked Cube? He was not the spy. He would not have saved Aaryan. Blocking him makes more Bong suspicious by removing alibi while blocking Bong would have been smart. So I do not believe you would have blocked him. Unless you are wifom the point, blocking the one person you would never block. This game is hard. I think I will rule you 3 out. Which makes TCN good.

Say Cube and TCN both good.

Baddies Nox, Aura, Ara.

(Would not have blocked Cube if Bong is bad)

Say Cube baddie and self blocked.

Baddies are Cube and 2 of Nox, Ara, Aura.

Can Cube be good? I can not say no. Nox and Ara could jump on the wagon and you stay apart to have an option. I wish I had more time.

I can go with Cube for sure kill but am not sure of him. I find Nox is more likely. Though baddie could be Cube, Aura, Ara. Ara is pushing hard but has no votes on him. He pushed me off Nox hard though. I have work, I will not be back to change my vote, I vote Nox. It will either tie or Aura or Bong can join me.

More thoughts. If you are baddie, you will vote tcn and win. Though bong can still help force a tie. If you are not baddie, Cube has to be. I have to go with the only real chance at victory then and vote Cube.