BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Now, this one is based on legendary Hindi movie Sholay. That movie seems to have borrowed from a lot of western and Korean flicks. Still, the end result was so awesome that you can count on almost every living Indian between the age of 8 and 80 to have seen it. :D

ROLES

Dacoits - NightKill(Attributed to Gabbar) + All BTSC & Power play (WinCon: majority)

Gabbar - Leader of the dacoits. Legend is that when children cry at night anywhere within 100 miles of Ramgarh, their mums say: "quiet! lest you will attract Gabbar to our home". He leads a group in looting and plundering the villages in the region of Ramgarh. He has a sadistic personality and insists on killing whenever required to continue his status and to take revenge on his enemies. (Appears as a random vanilla goodie when spied)

Kaalia - He is the key person that helped Gabbar establish his terror over Ramgarh and surrounding areas. Not good with a pistol, still he can always knock a villager down. (Block)

Sambha - He is the eyes and ears of Gabbar to the outer world. He sits atop a mountain, chewing tobacco all the time, and watches all the passerby. He is famous for speaking only two words ever - "Fifty Thousands" [the reward declared by govt. for capturing Gabbar] (Spy)

Villagers (WinCon: Eliminate dacoits)

Thakur - An ex-cop he lost his arms at the hands of Gabbar. However, he has a booming voice, and commands respect of all villagers. (Self Vote Manip - x0-x2)

Jai & Veeru - Ex-cons hired by Thakur coz of their tender heart and willingness to support good in their own way. The more jovial and naughty of the two friends, Veeru is known for his muscles (RID block). While Jai is the calmer and more thoughtful of the two, he is yet to make a name for himself despite his ability of knowing all that goes around (Spy). Inseparable friends, they have BTSC with each other.

Jailor - Always being fooled by Jai & Veeru, he is in-charge of the only jail in the area. He decides who spends a night in the cell, except himself. (Trap = Block + Save)

Radha - A quiet girl who is the Thakur's widowed daughter-in-law, she has basic knowledge of medical science. Jai loves her, but she never betrays her emotions to him. (Save)

Basanti - Love interest of Veeru, a talkative girl who is the coachwoman for the only horse-carriage in Ramgarh. She is often damsel in distress when captured by dacoits, and hence more of a distraction than a help. (Vanilla)

Soorma Bhopali - Known for his gassed up talks, he had betrayed Jai & Veeru once, and was betrayed by them in turn. You cannot count on him for any help except for speaking up. (Vanilla)

Ramlaal - He assists Thakur in all his daily chores, details of which no one wants to discuss. He has seen all the events along with Thankur, including the rise of Gabbar. However, he is quite powerless. (Vanilla)

RID Block > Trap > Block > Save > Kill > Spy

Vote tie = Gabbar style lynch (all die, except on day 1 when tie means no lynch).

NK transfer: Gabbar > Sambha (SpyKill) > Kaalia (Kill + Block)

NOTE: The game won't start until TMM V reaches N2.

Edited by KlueMaster

Host: KlueMaster and Auramyna(?)

Players:

1.MiKi

7. Nana7

X.

Back-ups:

A.

B.

C.

Woohoo! A Sholay mafia!

I put myself on 7 because it is my name. :)

edit is there a difference between a > and a >> in order of actions?

Edited by Nana7

Confused...what's the order in the queue?

Thought it was HP, TMM, Rhotus then whatever is next out of construction...

The order that was agreed was first HP. Then Sholay or MM's mafia, whichever got ready first, as TMM. I have no idea of Rhotus whatsoever.

Host: KlueMaster and Auramyna(?)

Players:

Z.

1.MiKi

2.TheCube

7. Nana7

X.

Back-ups:

A. flamebirde

B.

C.

Just waiting for some nerd to pick-up on it ;)

0 is not important but keeping it to single character helps with alignment and thus readability :D

Edited by KlueMaster

I do not understand the whole order/que thing. Why not just let games start when the host is ready to start? Assuming the game and host are approved.

edit- I for one would really like another game or two to go play right now!

Edited by Nana7

Is there a difference between a > and a >> in order of actions?

Yes, >> talks of precedence where action on right of >> cannot outdo/prevent action on the left. In short, actions are applied by category. Suppose, I was using RID Block >> Trap >> Block >> Save >> Kill >> Spy. Then, first RID Blocks would be applied. Then, all the traps will be applied, given the trappers have not been RID blocked. Then, all blocks will be applied, where the blockers are not RID blocked or trapped. And so on. In short, Traps CANNOT BE Blocked, nor will a Kill prevent a Trap from occurring.

On the other hand > talks about conflict resolution only. So, Traps can still be blocked, so long as Blocker had not been trapped. Similarly, if the killer is free and kills the blocker/trapper then block/trap won't go through. In case of a blocker and a killer acting on each other, block will go through and kill will not.

More details could be found at wiki page

Yes, >> talks of precedence where action on right of >> cannot outdo/prevent action on the left. In short, actions are applied by category. Suppose, I was using RID Block >> Trap >> Block >> Save >> Kill >> Spy. Then, first RID Blocks would be applied. Then, all the traps will be applied, given the trappers have not been RID blocked. Then, all blocks will be applied, where the blockers are not RID blocked or trapped. And so on. In short, Traps CANNOT BE Blocked, nor will a Kill prevent a Trap from occurring.

On the other hand > talks about conflict resolution only. So, Traps can still be blocked, so long as Blocker had not been trapped. Similarly, if the killer is free and kills the blocker/trapper then block/trap won't go through. In case of a blocker and a killer acting on each other, block will go through and kill will not.

More details could be found at wiki page

With all ">" then killing a blocker, the block will go through, right? Using oop, all actions will happen unless blocked (or trapped I guess too?) unless they conflict, then oop goes with the higher ranking action. That is what I gathered from the link, that > means oop for those actions.

With all ">" then killing a blocker, the block will go through, right? Using oop, all actions will happen unless blocked (or trapped I guess too?) unless they conflict, then oop goes with the higher ranking action. That is what I gathered from the link, that > means oop for those actions.

No, the block won't through in this case, unless applied on killer (in which case kill won't go through).

No, the block won't through in this case, unless applied on killer (in which case kill won't go through).

I still do not think that is what the link is really saying, but if you are saying that kill functions as a kill+block so that it blocks actions as well as killing, that is fine. My understanding is that nothing but a block or trap can prevent an action in oop.

Edited by Nana7

It would be easier to think of it that way: except for Save and Spy, all other actions are blocking. > only helps in evaluating which actions to apply when their is a conflict.

I do not understand the whole order/que thing. Why not just let games start when the host is ready to start? Assuming the game and host are approved.

edit- I for one would really like another game or two to go play right now!

To keep chaos from occurring and to keep things civil.

There are other mafia games being played on http://forum.mafiamaniac.net/ by people that play here. They tend to run 1-2 at a time.

Just confirming that I will co-host with Klue. We are trying to make it so there's more hosting coverage as Klue sleeps and works. (I am an android so do neither.)

We'll co-ordinate with Molly as to when he wants to run Coup of Rhotus. Depending on who is playing in both TMM and Sholay, we could overlap with TMM as Molly is hosting both TMM and Coup of Rhotus. So it depends if it's a good idea to have 2 running. And Molly's Coup of Rhotus has right of way on the BD queue...

To keep chaos from occurring and to keep things civil.

There are other mafia games being played on http://forum.mafiamaniac.net/ by people that play here. They tend to run 1-2 at a time.

I have seen them recommended a few times so they must be good. However, the color scheme there is hard on my eyes and also in the one game I peaked at the sigs took alot of space and disrupted the post flow. So my view of the sight based on that is pretty negative.

We are trying to make it so there's more hosting coverage as Klue sleeps and works. (I am an android so do neither.)

I knew it!

We'll co-ordinate with Molly as to when he wants to run Coup of Rhotus. Depending on who is playing in both TMM and Sholay, we could overlap with TMM as Molly is hosting both TMM and Coup of Rhotus. So it depends if it's a good idea to have 2 running. And Molly's Coup of Rhotus has right of way on the BD queue...

Go ahead with Sholay after TMM-V. I'll hold Coup until after this is done (and it'll give me a bit of a host break).

I have seen them recommended a few times so they must be good. However, the color scheme there is hard on my eyes and also in the one game I peaked at the sigs took alot of space and disrupted the post flow. So my view of the sight based on that is pretty negative.

You can change the skin and disable viewing signatures. It's what I do. Cause honestly, when's the last time you really read anyone's sig?

You can change the skin and disable viewing signatures. It's what I do. Cause honestly, when's the last time you really read anyone's sig?

eh, would you like me to comment on that? :P

As Klue said, we will start after TMM V reaches N2. Seeing as TMM is about to begin (roles are out etc.), by the time this fills up, it will be time to begin.

So, go ahead and sign up! With only 6 places left, positions could fill fast, once word gets out...