BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hello everyone! Now that this forum is in place, how about we get it started properly? Introduce yourselves, just one more time, and get the activity on!

Below is a quote from my previous introduction thread, and some more info:

My name is Thomas Kønig (Ø is pronounced like the ea in "heard" or the u in "hurt" so it's Kuenig if any), I'm 17 years old, currently residing in Southern Denmark.

I'm a student at the Higher Technical College of Fredericia, where I'll have another two good semesters.

My current plan is to take a Ph.D. in Safe-Systems Level Programming.

In my sparetime I spend a lot of time studying theoretical physics when I'm not getting loaded, or enjoying the sun in the summer.

I'm a smoker, and quite the heavy one indeed. I'm well aware that it's unhealthy and it sucks, but I do not have the required power of will to quit just now.

Should you have further questions, feel free. And without further ado, might I say; hello!

I thought, on a forum like this, that the most proper introduction of oneself would be by posting a riddle,

And therefore so I will do. It's a rather easy one as I just made it up right now, at 9AM in the evening after a caffeine free day.

So, I've been on this forum for only a few days, and already love spending my time here - I'm a riddler myself, and I love rhyming riddles. I write a lot of songs and lyrics in my daily life, and perhaps that's why I love rhyming riddles to such an extend. I spend loads of time working in Photoshop, programming and developing websites. I'm also an author for a website publishing game & system news (which I won't mention here to respect the no-advertisement rule).

I consider myself quite the helpful spirit, and also an honest and open mind.

To point out some flaws though, as we all have them, so might as well spill beans now - I hate being interrupted in a conversation, especially if the person interrupting me is opening up an entirely new topic of conversation with their interruption so there's no way for me to go back to what I was saying. I blame unintelligent people for not getting themselves together and actually taking their time to learn, and I can seem arrogant towards them (however if you consider this forum entertaining, I'm certain you're not unintelligent - It requires some standard intelligence to consider riddles fun).

If you should have further questions, concerns, questions related to the forum, IP Boards as a whole, or another completely unrelated topic, feel free to ask - You'd be surprised how many different topics I have a completely meaningless interest in - Apparently I have a fleet of most peculiar boats to float, and I do so with great pride.

Uh, that's me I guess!

16 answers to this question

Ha, I am not surprised. I often go for "Arti", "Artie", "Art", "Wiseguy" and in some cases even "Arti Fishtail" (which was a joke created from a false pronunciation of my username on a Ventrilo channel once.

On the internet nicknames are like HIV. There's no way to ensure you won't get it when you hang around with people for long enough, and once you have it, it's not going away.

I came up with MiKi!!! :P

Welcome Arti!!! I'm EDM...you'll get to know about me from my Profile page, so I don't have to say much except that I am ready to answer your questions about this site (atleast on what I know...;)) and that I'm sure you'll have fun here....:D

welcome.gif I'm the same with people interrupting me. I hate it when I wait for another gap and start my sentence again, and get interrupted again! Especially cos it takes a second to remember what I was saying. I also have the weakness of intolerance of n00bs. I know it's wrong but it's a weak spot of mine. Luckily the people on this site are pretty intelligent so instead, I feel like the n00b. :wacko:

So welcome to this site; I hope you stick around. And you should check out this game we play, mafia. Links to explanations are in my signature. (Unreality brought it to BD a while back and it's been a mainstay of the site ever since!)

So welcome.gif Nice to meet you :D

Edited by Auramyna