BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Harry Potter Year 3 Mafia

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nana, your going all out and getting all fingers at you was a big problem for us.

If you remember, we had just got a breather after averting a potential lynch of Yodell.

Everything was alright when I had left for office. Then in the office, I kept getting mail notifications of what Nana was telling in BTSC regarding her posts. There was no way I could reply/post from office to curb that. By the time, I returned there was hardly any chance to escape her kill except getting all suspicion on me.

So, I knew that now we'll have to sweat on D3.

Hey KM.

The only I time I realised you were baddy was when Thalia Admitted being Snape.

When I in D1, voted for Yodell, I had made my mind,

that whoever would distract the thread for voting for her, I would consider that person a Baddy. And KM, you did that in such a clever way, that fooled me. Very Natural.

And I noticed, apart from our First game, we were never in the same factions..

^^ I will keep this in mind :P

good game all...

Goodies got really lucky N1 blocking/trapping both me and Nana... but to my defense ;) I never lied in this game :

I said D1, just before zweefer changed his vote .. or earlier.. after the first vote on me, that I was a vanilla... (i never actually claimed dementor :D ) and INVITED Sirius to redirect me - calculating that with him/her out of the game then we would have one less oponent to win by majority :D .... harry was indeed a vanilla... there were 4 in the game : the 2 dementors, harry and pettygrew... with no active power ... just pasive ones ...

@one question to thalia : when you NKed me did you think I was Ron or Harry ? I would bet Ron, cause of the block N1 and Ron not acting...but acting N2 when I was not blocked/trapped....

PS. Last night I saw the last movie in the series... :D

Another thing,

I as Trelawny, had almost nothing to offer to the goodies:

D1: I spied Medji and Thalia, and was told no one did a thing.

D2: I was blocked.

D3: I was killed.

As Medji outed himself as Pettigrew, and early claims are usually right, I had no advantage of knowing that Medji didnt act.

Night 1 : Blocked Nana - reason - she is a newbie + a very nice player (though others proved to be very good players as well)- mostly, newbies are given little important roles and mostly, they are baddies. This was my observation so far in many games I played. :lol:

Re-reading the wiki on MM and RD I just realized something:

Sirius/MiKi tried to redirect me the same night Snape/Thalia killed me ... the OOA states that the NK happened FIRST .. so Sirius should NOT have gotten his wincon.. cause he/she was redirecting a DEAD player....so MiKi should have remained in the game...

Same happened N1: Sirius redirected Curr3nt after we had killed him .... Sirius should not have been trapped ....

@Shadow - just for future references.... ?? Using >> instead of > should have worked like above ... right? Or if not, could you please let me/us know your reasoning ??

@Molly - if you need data entry ... just let me know what to do (and tell me if I have editing rights on MM :) )

Regards,

Well, Aura didn't submit an action N2 so we concluded that curr3nt was Draco. Now, that explains where we had gone wrong.

EDIT: BTW, what was the error in N2 post?

Edited by KlueMaster

@Molly - if you need data entry ... just let me know what to do (and tell me if I have editing rights on MM :) )

Yeah, we have a lot of games on BD to put into the wiki (the pages are created, but not populated). Guests have edit rights on the wiki, but if you sign up and login, you can get achievement points that can be redeemed for cool stuff (although I haven't published a list of what can be redeemed yet). The redeeming is done through me and has nothing to do with Wikia at all. =P

@ Aki - he knows I was killed N2. He's saying no action appeared in the night post for me. As trap is at the head of the OOA, and NK is non blocking (I think!?!), the trap should've gone through. However, I trapped Nana7 who died so it didn't appear.

@KM- I think you meant to say "Aura didn't appear to submit an action." I trapped nana as I was trying to confirm her guilt. If I could confirm that, I could trace it back and implicate Yodell as a baddie too (due to the links between them and due to nana's posts.) This game is the most goodie-like I have seen you act as a baddie (and probably as a goodie, even.) Confirming Medji's claim was probably the mistake you made. Earlier you publicly doubted his claim and him. You could've pointed to that later and said you were PG but that was your way of ccing Medji. And you didn't outright cc him as u hoped the baddies would waste a NK on you. But some later post you made took that option away. I was actually cheering you on, then I realised I was a goodie :duh: But I just wanted to say you did impressive.

@Nana7 - It's not the amount of posts, it's what you said. You can say you can't be someone you're not but you have a duty to your team mates not to bring heat on them :P. As you can see, I also post a lot. That isn't a problem once you play a few games and realise the "tells" that give yourself away. It is obvious from the puzzle threads how intelligent you are and once you get a few games under your belt, I'm kinda worried how good you'll get.

@Yodell - what got in your way was getting blocked N1. Without that, I reckon you would have got away with your goodie act. I still didn't "know" you were bad. I almost trapped you, not to block a baddie action, but to find out if you were bad or good. So you must've said something to sway me into not being sure. Why didn't you believe me that I was Draco and didn't get a spy on nana? *cries* *no one ever believes me* *waaaaah* Aki didn't submit a suit of cards in time so had a 0% chance to spy N1 (no roll took place.)

Also, Trelawney showed in the N2 post.

And I allow multiple actions on the same target to go through, unless they're definitely mutually exclusive (i.e. double redirect if that were possible).

@Aura I chose the suit for N1, so there was still a spy chance, it just didn't happen. I would not make the chance 0 due to missing a minor note.