BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Harry Potter Year 3 Mafia

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this as a plan?

Sirius, redirect me (you'll get info on me)

Trelawny, follow Yodell and Anon (you'll get info on these 2)

Snape, whoever you please to do in ;) (go for the one who is most elusive)

I'm just gonna think aloud here for a bit.

I think anon is right. Looking at this from Sirius's perspective, outing himself now would guarantee his death by the baddies, and that would be bad for both Sirius and us. It would be bad for Sirius because he would be dead [obviously] and bad for us because we wouldn't be able to get as much information as we could if we waited until tomorrow. Tomorrow, the only way the baddies could kill Sirius would be by lynching, and that would be tantamount to outing themselves, so they wouldn't do that. The only problem is, we don't have a save role. If we had a save role, Sirius's alliance would be guaranteed. So we could get Sirius's alliance for tomorrow and the day after. Sirius can afford to be kinda reckless, yes, but he can't afford to die before achieving his WinCon. It would be in both sides' interests if he outed himself tomorrow.

Edit: minor typos and stuff.

Edited by MissKitten

@Medji

if I were Ron, my plans would've been very different...

anyways, I'm open to other plans, if there are any...

only caveat is, I'm going to sleep in an hour or so, so have it in before then...

looks like you don't have any plans...

so, shall I consider my plan final then?

or just for medji's satisfaction, let's stick to the first plan:

Sirius shall redirect me

Trelawny shall spy yodell and anon

For snape all I can recommend is to be judicious (earlier I was asking Snape to kill Medji to verify his claim as pettigrew, as no goodie could've got killed accidentally; but now that medji is nearly confirmed as a goodie, so snape needs to be more prudent to avoid a goodie kill)

@MiKi

I would let that decision lie with Snape alone, and I'd also say Snape shouldn't disclose his intentions in public. It may be advantageous to baddies in some way...

Wait a minute. Are we sure Anon is cleared? It is possible that Ron could have blocked him as Harry. I am not saying that this is what happened but after looking at my spreadsheet, things do not look so great.

I've been thinking about Curr3nt and Aura. The following assumes that they were both goodies.

Curr3nt

D1- kaniak

D2-

Pettigrew- can't be NKed

Snape- acted after death

Trelawney- acted after death

Draco-

Cadogen- Zweefer

Sirius- acted after death

Aura

D1- kaniak

D2-

Pettigrew- can't be NKed

Snape-

Trelawney- acted after death

Draco-

Cadogen- Zweefer

Sirius- acted after death

I am willing to believe that Snape is still alive. If that's true, Aura and Curr3nt were Draco and D2. I think Curr3nt was Draco since Draco didn't act after he died. If Snape is alive, that leaves Aura as D2. I believe YoDell claimed to be a Dementor which is not good for her.

Back to Anon, assuming those roles for Curr3nt and Aura,

Harry-

Ron-

Hermione- Nana7

D1- kaniak

D2- Aura?

Pettigrew- Claimed

Snape-

Trelawney- acted after block

Draco- Curr3nt?

Cadogen- Zweefer

Sirius- acted after block

That leaves 2 baddies, Snape, and possibly Pettigrew. As far as I know, he has not counterclaimed Pettigrew.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: That being said, I will probably not survive the night so good luck!

Edited by Thalia

No, I think Anon has been cleared because of the statement in the NP, "Ron locked anon in the Room of Requirement...". Obviously, Ron wouldn't block himself, so anon isn't Ron. Ron probably wouldn't block anon, if anon was Harry, as Harry carries out the NK. And he couldn't have blocked anon as Hermione, as Hermione was killed by Snape. [Does that make sense to anybody besides me? :blink: ] But I think anon has been cleared.

edit: I went back and read the OP. OOA says that NK comes before block, so Ron couldn't have blocked Harry anyways, because the night kill would've come first.

Edited by MissKitten