BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Coup of Rhotus Mafia Signups

Molly Mae

@Aura

Then the answer to my first question should be that leader mentions a role as his successor. Right?

I don't know. I would assume you're correct, especially as others may not be in the BTSC yet. But Molly will explain.

Something tells me a mafia this complex might not gel with BD players. Quick, get the MMers over here! This is borderline too complex for me (but in mafia, nothing is impossible, i.e - I will forge ahead and make myself follow the plot!)

Edited by Auramyna

DISCLAIMER: Please remember that there are secret abilities in this game. While I won't answer direct questions about secret abilities, I'm not trying to hide what exactly the abilities are--I am, however, trying to keep the exact nature of these abilities a secret and the identity of the roles who hold those abilities.

Host = Molly Mae

5. maurice

7. Auramyna

Fill in the blanks...

HPY3 has started so let's go! Is this before or after TMM? And then is Sholay after this one and TMM?

Oh, I just answered this in Sholay sign-ups. I'll update BD Queue.

Current Order: HP3, TMM-V, Sholay, CoR

Let me just paraphrase my understanding of certain points. If this is correct then perhaps I understand the game a bit.

1. The game will start with NO BTSC. Only faction leaders can begin adding their faction mates to BTSC through RID recruit. However, this requires the faction mate to be in LOS (while starting position for them is decided by Faction leader only). Leader may also chose to recruit Indies into the faction. Any failed RID recruit means death for the leader. Also, if a leader has 3 RID guesses, and 50% chances then he will surely die post submitting the 3 RID guesses (recruitment power reduced to 0% if first 2 RID guesses are correct). However, if he dies on first attempt, he will appoint a successor. But, if he doesn't know his faction mates then how will he appoint the successor?

2. A person can move in any of 6 directions he chooses, based on his movement ability. Though I do not understand the reason for movement except for getting people in your LOS range. But, if the positions are not known, then how would anyone decide to move?

3. I do not understand the purpose of gap between Recruiting and BTSC addition. :(

4. Could you please explain what the numbers on the board stand for?

1. You are confusing RID Guessing (to gain BTSC) and Recruiting (to have independents join your faction). Successor is done by role, not by player. For more on RID Guessing for BTSC, see Titanomachy (the BTSCs are in the BD sub-forums above). RID Guessing will only be allowed for roles in your faction.

2. It will not be mass chaos. But the board might be sized down to prevent an endless hunt during the nights (which makes for very powerful day phases).

3. Gap? You are talking about two logically different actions. It's like movement and acting. They aren't the same. RID Guess is to gain BTSC. Recruiting is done in the style of Amber.

4. The numbers on the board are just standard hex notation (the way a standard plane uses x- and y-axis). I built the map away from 0,0 so it's a bit confusing. I'm looking to redraw it before the game (and hopefully just number the spaces 1-?)

I have the same qu as Klue about movements. Eg- a spy needs to be on the same hex as their target. (The ones who have it as a role ability, not those starting spy sequences.) How is the spy supposed to work out what spot to move to? They would have to move and then take a lucky guess as to who might or might not be on their spot? Can they just move and then spy on whoever is on their spot? Do we get any feedback as to where people are during the game, or their starting hexes? It just seems like many actions are doomed to fail.

Also, when a successful recruit is done. Is 25% taken from both the recruitER and the recruitEE? And does that mean an Indy can be recruited more than once i.e betray?

More QUs to come later...

1. Part of every action is luck, but it won't be entirely luck. It will act as a typical spy, though, in that you will choose a target (player X) and if that target is within your range, you learn his role/faction/whatever. As for location feedback: Not really. A lot of that will come down to gaining BTSC with the rest of your faction.

If I made a mid-phase cycle for movement, I could PM a list of who (player) is within your current range. I could allow movements to be PM'd during the day phase. At the end of the day, I could send that list...

@Aura

Then the answer to my first question should be that leader mentions a role as his successor. Right?

Right.

So there are no lynch sequences?

Do the players get to know where they start? I.e- do I, personally, get to know where I start? Do we get any updates on who is where at any point during the game?

There are lynch sequences, but they aren't called lynch sequences. There's a kill sequence with parameters that the initiator can include which will reveal (or not) the faction or identity (or both) of the killed player. Spy sequence works the same way--parameters determine what information you get if the sequence passes (role, faction, or both).

DISCLAIMER: Please remember that there are secret abilities in this game. While I won't answer direct questions about secret abilities... Okay, so what are these secret abilities? Which characters have them? Do I get some too? and why not, you're no fair. :mad:

The numbers on the board are just standard hex notation (the way a standard plane uses x- and y-axis). I built the map away from 0,0 so it's a bit confusing. I'm looking to redraw it before the game (and hopefully just number the spaces 1-?)

Why do you have such a fascination w/ Hex? I was thinking of using hex-encoded riddles in a mafia design, or even better, base 64 :lol:

1. Part of every action is luck, but it won't be entirely luck. It will act as a typical spy, though, in that you will choose a target (player X) and if that target is within your range, you learn his role/faction/whatever. As for location feedback: Not really. A lot of that will come down to gaining BTSC with the rest of your faction. Yeah but if my range is 0, that doesn't leave much leeway. I have to be right on top of them to spy.

If I made a mid-phase cycle for movement, I could PM a list of who (player) is within your current range. I could allow movements to be PM'd during the day phase. At the end of the day, I could send that list... This makes me happy, like this ~~~> :D

There are lynch sequences, but they aren't called lynch sequences. There's a kill sequence with parameters that the initiator can include which will reveal (or not) the faction or identity (or both) of the killed player. Wow, don't I feel stupid right about now. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah but if my range is 0, that doesn't leave much leeway. I have to be right on top of them to spy.

Each faction has a faction spy with range=2. There also exists the role that chooses his ability pre-N1. If he chooses spy, yes, his range is 0, but he's also a role spy, which is a solid benefit. Perhaps minimum range should be 1...

That's another reason I think the large board will still work. In Titanomachy, all actions that targeted another player or role required LOS, but most only had a range of 1. There were still 17 players in that game, and the +2 shouldn't have much of a difference. A smaller board in that case worked well.

A 4 length map is on the way, though, so be looking forward to that.

It really isn't so difficult. It's:

Pre-N1

1. Placement

2. Choice of action (if applicable)

N1

1. Submit Movement

2. Submit Action

3. Submit RID Guesses (for Leaders)

4. Submit recruit (if chosen)

::Loop

D1

1. Sequence voting

2. Submit movement

N2

1. Submit Action

2. Submit RID Guesses (for Leaders)

3. Submit recruit (if chosen)

If game continues, goto Loop

EDIT: This means that N1 you won't have information about who is near you.

Edited by Molly Mae

Host = Molly Mae

1. Hirkala

2. Lionheart

5. maurice

7. Auramyna

13. Shadow7

Before signing up, please be sure that you understand the rules of the game and how it works. If you have any questions, post them here.

Host = Molly Mae

1. Hirkala

2. Lionheart

3. onetruth

4. tolecnal

5. maurice

7. Auramyna

12. Darth Nox

13. Shadow7

14. curr3nt

yesssss, the draught is over (for me)

So you know what you're doing in this game, right?

Host = Molly Mae

1. Hirkala

2. Lionheart

3. onetruth

4. tolecnal

5. maurice

7. Auramyna

12. Darth Nox

13. Shadow7

14. curr3nt

19. Araver

Yes, I don't know what I'm doing.

And yes, I said I'm gone and I will be dw ... but since I have to wait for a certain game to be re-un-paused in order to retire, might as well enjoy myself in the meantime.

Plus I wanted to play in this one since it was in Game Ideas ... wasn't able to play Titanomachy nor Amber :(

So... You are waiting for a certain game to finish before you retire...

Say the Host of said game REALLY didn't WANT you to retire. And say said Host decided to not unpause said game for the purpose of keeping you around... Would that work? :D

Host = Molly Mae

1. Hirkala

2. Lionheart

3. onetruth

4. tolecnal

5. maurice

7. Auramyna

12. Darth Nox

13. Shadow7

14. curr3nt

Figured this would be better, insanity and all.

I'd cut the roles down to 10 and start immediately, if you wanna play.

Did something happen to corrupt the formatting for the OP for this thread? It looks like a garbled mash on my pc, but I remember seeing it previously with typical mafia format and colors. Now it shows the format codes and has everything running together in one massive paragraph. Can that be corrected? Or maybe a new sign up thread for Rhotus? I can imagine the OP problem sending people away.