BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Here's something that I've done recently when playing that "forum game": Corrupt A Wish (If you have never played it, you should. It's very simple: Person 1 wishes for something, person 2 corrupts that wish and wishes for something... Example: person1: I wish for pie. person2: Wish granted. However, the pie was given to you very quickly and at your face. I wish for a pet harmless box incapable of harming people. Person3: Wish granted, but the box can summon things that are harmful, which eat you alive... I wish..."

After "corrupting" a particularly aggravating (ALMOST, but not quite, paradoxical) wish, I carefully thought and worded my wish and came up with this:

I wish that someone/something will grant a wish and that my wish that "someone/something will grant a wish" is not granted.

How would one Corrupt this wish - or even find a way to just grant this wish?

(I originally posted this at http://rigidchips.ipbfree.com/index.php?ac...st=15#entry764)

Edited by Eugenia

4 answers to this question

Here's something that I've done recently when playing that "forum game": Corrupt A Wish (If you have never played it, you should. It's very simple: Person 1 wishes for something, person 2 corrupts that wish and wishes for something... Example: person1: I wish for pie. person2: Wish granted. However, the pie was given to you very quickly and at your face. I wish for a pet harmless box incapable of harming people. Person3: Wish granted, but the box can summon things that are harmful, which eat you alive... I wish..."

After "corrupting" a particularly aggravating (ALMOST, but not quite, paradoxical) wish, I carefully thought and worded my wish and came up with this:

I wish that someone/something will grant a wish and that my wish that "someone/something will grant a wish" is not granted.

How would one Corrupt this wish - or even find a way to just grant this wish?

(I originally posted this at http://rigidchips.ipbfree.com/index.php?ac...st=15#entry764)

Your wish was not granted in this Realm of Reality but in an alternate Realm which caused a rift to open and suck you into the other realm where paradox's cause instant death...

I mean if we are granting wishes, we can have alternate realms too right?

Hmm... I wish that I had more wishes that are unable to be corrupted, will grant me what I wish for with the wish I use, and that this wish is unable to be touched by any forms of corruption, and nothing will come to harm me or any others in this realm, and in any other.

What do you say to that? :lol:

How about I wish for something and that person 2 gets exactly what I get as well.

What do you get out of wishing

Isn't this wishing for nothing?