BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Skullduggery Pleasant Mafia

Aaryan

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C3- in your scenario of if you're a baddie, you started off saying you'd have to be NS then ended up saying you'd be the vote manip. Or were you saying "worse case scenario if you were ST"?

Also, as I've repeatedly explained, I was not suggesting mass outing D1. It is like what Molly said; you get a web of people who can trust each other and start working together. Additionally, if people leave the correct types of hints, only the goodies can narrow it down. Eg - if you narrowed yourself down to 2 goodies, the other goodie knows which one you are.

As for S7 outting herself, this is the exact scenario where it is helpful to the goodies, especially as losing her role is not disastrous. Day 1 info and a good day 1 lynch is so important for us.

As for how to give a good defense- the way you work out good strategy and good defenses is to read past mafias. Try reading ones from mafiamaniac as you'll see much better defenses there.

mo - I'm still waiting for you to convince me waits.gif

C3- in your scenario of if you're a baddie, you started off saying you'd have to be NS then ended up saying you'd be the vote manip. Or were you saying "worse case scenario if you were ST"?

Also, as I've repeatedly explained, I was not suggesting mass outing D1. It is like what Molly said; you get a web of people who can trust each other and start working together. Additionally, if people leave the correct types of hints, only the goodies can narrow it down. Eg - if you narrowed yourself down to 2 goodies, the other goodie knows which one you are.

As for S7 outting herself, this is the exact scenario where it is helpful to the goodies, especially as losing her role is not disastrous. Day 1 info and a good day 1 lynch is so important for us.

As for how to give a good defense- the way you work out good strategy and good defenses is to read past mafias. Try reading ones from mafiamaniac as you'll see much better defenses there.

mo - I'm still waiting for you to convince me waits.gif

I think he meant if Eachan multiplied his vote by 0.

I never claimed to be Morwenna, I was saying if I was Nefarian then Morwenna would know exactly who to vote manip. Morwenna would just make me vote for myself D2.

So either Eachan counters my vote, Morwenna uses my vote against me or Skulduggery kills me. If I was actually a baddie there is no way for me to live past D2.

That is my defense as to why I'm not the baddie.

BTW S7's logic is flawed. Only 50% I am a baddie since Skully tried to kill me, likely as the vote manip, but certainly not as the spy. So there.

No S7 isn't flawed. You can't be Nefarian since the vote mod has no target. Since you targeted someone and that someone was Molly you can only be Cleaver, Tome or Ghastly.

Skulduggery didn't target Molly per NP

Tanith didn't target Molly per NP

Bliss and China didn't target Molly per Shadow

Stephanie, Eachan, Morwenna and Nefarian do not have night targets

I agree that Skulduggery likely tried to RID Kill you as Nefarian. That does nothing to change you being either Cleaver or Tome.

How does that change my saying that you aren't Ghastly?

Host: Aaryan

1. TheCube - voting for Thalia

2. Hidden G - voting for maurice

3. Flamebirde - voting for maurice

4. Shadow - voting for maurice

5. Thalia- not voting unless something huge comes up

7. Auramyna - voting for maurice

8. maurice - voting for curr3nt

9. Molly Mae - voting for maurice

A. curr3nt - not voting

B.(Other)Medji - voting for maurice

DEAD:

6.Anon26 - disintegrated by Serpine

Bringing the votes forward.

just out of pure curiosity, what constitutes a good defence?

I answered this question earlier.

Sorry, got distracted by 4 other Mafias! Didn't expect someone to actually counter my claim. I've been trying to figure out curr's angle all morning. As he noted, if he's a baddie, he's an easy RID Kill for tonight, unless they've spied the RID Killer and plan on blocking him. My only other thought is that he's a goodie banking on the so-called 2/3 chance I'm a baddie (so-called, not due to the logic S7, but due to the fact I am not :D) and trying to call my bluff. Well either way I'm voting for him. If he's a baddie, let's not risk the RID Kill being blocked. If he thinks he's calling my bluff then he should know that in poker you don't call a bluff when the other player is holding a winning hand.

And I'll end on this note. I do not like saving myself N1. Then I can't do it N2 and it seems pointless to me when someone else dies. I feel that then its a wasted ability. Just me. I like to use the save on who I think may actually be targeted. After LTMafia, I thought for sure it'd be Molly. Sorry Anon.

I think I know what you're saying...

Answered in your role thread.

Wow...yeah.

I'm going to change my vote, though. I have a theory.

9. Molly Mae - voting for curr3nt

A. curr3nt - not voting

DEAD:

Again, nothing against you, curr3nt. But I think I know what's going on.

Edited by Molly Mae

Curr3nt, if you believe mo is bad, chuck a vote on him. And goodie vote manips should use all their weight. The reason being: if 2 baddies are voting mo and flash vote off him, plus Nefarian votes x2, we end up with a tie. Okay, that means no lynch BUT if just one goodie has 2nd thoughts and moves off mo, we have left the lynch in baddie hands. So, just be aware of what could happen.

If Skulduggery is paying attention to this thread, and mo ends up bad, the goodies could very well end up winning. @Skul- read very carefully what ppl have said and the night post. If mo turns up bad, you should have a clear target for tonight.

After we see the result, we can plan better. With the OOA, if we lynch a baddie today, I think we can plan semi-openly.

Well there you go. Case in point. (I wrote my above post b4 i saw molly change his vote.)

Molly, I was 50/50 on you. Now I'm more like 80/20. Altho for you to be good, you'd have to be dumb so idk about that 20%...

You would've been better off letting mo go, and lying low. Now we know 2 baddies. I doubt your going to get the numbers to vote off c3, you should've started this earlier...

Vote manips- vote mo not c3 (still open for momo or moma to convince me otherwise....)

I'm going to change my vote, though. I have a theory.

9. Molly Mae - voting for curr3nt

A. curr3nt - not voting

DEAD:

Again, nothing against you, curr3nt. But I think I know what's going on.

MoMa can u tell(if it's possible)why u did this,cz we still have half an hour so maybe there will be new thing and i don't want people voting for a wrong player(mo or C3)

Well there you go. Case in point. (I wrote my above post b4 i saw molly change his vote.)

Molly, I was 50/50 on you. Now I'm more like 80/20. Altho for you to be good, you'd have to be dumb so idk about that 20%...

You would've been better off letting mo go, and lying low. Now we know 2 baddies. I doubt your going to get the numbers to vote off c3, you should've started this earlier...

Vote manips- vote mo not c3 (still open for momo or moma to convince me otherwise....)

I wouldn't out myself as a baddie like that, Aura. Especially so late in the day.

Think about it and come back to me. There could be a hundred reasons for doing what I did.

MoMa can u tell(if it's possible)why u did this,cz we still have half an hour so maybe there will be new thing and i don't want people voting for a wrong player(mo or C3)

I can. But not yet.

I have to say, all of this conversation is very lively. Two people claiming to be Ghastly, and S7 saying that maurice is bad. All I did was make up some psychopathic theory that (kind of) makes fun of random.org voting, but as far as I can see, either maurice or curr3nt is bad, and I'm leaning heavily towards both. But maurice is the most likely lynch to actually go through, so...

I have to say, all of this conversation is very lively. Two people claiming to be Ghastly, and S7 saying that maurice is bad. All I did was make up some psychopathic theory that (kind of) makes fun of random.org voting, but as far as I can see, either maurice or curr3nt is bad, and I'm leaning heavily towards both. But maurice is the most likely lynch to actually go through, so...

u have good thoughts ,and i'm starting to think that they are both bad,or (both good),MoMa's post made me think twice.

I said I wouldn't vote and I sticking by it. If I'm lynched then the goodies should have an idea towards the baddies.

Remember the theory that Cleaver might block Nefarian? I was calling for a RID on Molly? It might be an all in attack with the vote switch.

I figured there might be a chance that Molly was fishing for some baddies. If the baddies thought they could sway it the other way...and then Molly flash votes back to maurice.

So I dropped that post...

Let's see what Molly and others do.

SURPRISE!!!! its me nox, and im posting this at the request of aaryan (your welcome!)

Everybody was ready to place the blame after what happened to poor Anon26. They jostled and pointed, but it was hard enough to reach a decision. A few people, though, refused to vote without cause. However, in the end, all the blame fell onto maurice. The vast majority of people thought they had him figured out. Eachan Meritorious stood up. “maurice!” he said in his huge voice, “Do you have anything to say in your defense?” maurice made his way to the podium to make a defense. However, in the middle of the crowd someone tripped him. maurice fell flat on his face. Nobody knew who it was, but someone pulled the scythe off of maurice’s back and ran him through. The White Cleaver lay dead on the ground.

1. TheCube

2. Hidden G

3. Flamebirde

4. Shadow

5. Thalia

7. Auramyna

9. Molly Mae

A. curr3nt

B.Medji

DEAD: