BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Skullduggery Pleasant Mafia

Aaryan

Did you notice the accusations against flamebirde? There was nothing for him to defend against.

-----

Is asking character gender too limiting then how about...

Pick one group that your character is in.

Group A   	Group B   	Group C   	Group D   

Skull     	Skull     	Skull     	Tanith    

Ghastly   	Ghastly   	Ghastly   	Eachen    

Tanith    	Bliss     	Tanith    	Bliss     

Eachen    	China     	Eachen    	China     

Bliss     	Steph     	Steph     	Steph     

China     	Morwenna  	Morwenna  	Morwenna  

I'm in Group B.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not targeting FB ,just like that,and not in a very systematic way,my point is that when he was voted he didn't give a good defence,i'm not demanding a role outing (if he's a baddie of course he won't out),it's just we need to have something cz no one is contributing much.

You want people to contribute then ask them specific questions.

Perhaps all the pressure role outing would stop if accusers actually asked questions the defender could respond to. As it stands you've already forgotten or never read that Aura and maurice just voted for flamebirde without comment.

can someone please give me a reason why you are voting for me so I can defend myself?

Maurice's reason...

I'll tell you... I targetted Molly.

Overlooked the NP...am disappointed also.

I'll vote flamebirde.

Aura's reason...

Host: Aaryan

1. TheCube - voting for Thalia

2. Hidden G

3. Flamebirde

4. Shadow - voting for maurice

5. Thalia

7. Auramyna - voting for flamebirde

8. maurice - voting for flamebirde

9. Molly Mae - voting for Hidden G

A. curr3nt - not voting

B.(Other)Medji - voting for maurice

DEAD:

6.Anon26 - disintegrated by Serpine

:duh: Got Thalia's hint. If Shadow has a partner, and mo isn't Cleaver then there is only one goodie he could be. Unless i am reading this totally wrong. No, sorry, one baddie, one goodie. Give me some sort of sign, mo. I'd rather rule you out so we can work together.

-----

Hidden G, pretend they were voting for you the same way. What would you say? You better hurry, flamebirde just logged in and is questioning why you haven't given a good defense yet. Pressure is on!! You need to defend... What are you going to say?

first i'll be going to bed soon.so will be inactive and tomorrow i'm a bit busy but i'll be here before the post in like 5 hrs.

maybe we're wrong about FB,maybe not.

second,about the groups ,i'm thinking it's a bit of a dangerous idea and we're gonna have liars ,so i'm waiting for others to reply to it first.

thirdly,i don't know what to defend now,i'm not (really )in his position,but i think the only way to fight back,is to fight back,cz that what happened to me in my first mafia,i got votes with no causes,so instead of defending ,i'll act naturally and continue and vote for whom i think is a baddie,BUT if it takes long he should suspect them too.

idea,i think FB should wait for Aura and mo to be online and see how to work this.

damn i think if i continue like this i'm gonna go into role outing then NKed .

Oh sorry, Aura did give a reason.

Defend against that!

i think info gathering works when they are online,i say i'm not ,first i have nothing to say as i'm still in danger from baddies,but later when there's more chatting i'll be able to clear my spot.

the best solution is to wait a bit,for mo and Aura to come,and for people who haven't quite been here ,to help.....got a sort of "dunno how"idea,u know there's a powerplay,so maybe 2 or 1 baddie is one of those that haven't been posting a lot and the active one had NKed and made(if he had)his action

Oh hang on, it's a scum wekend. *phew*

Ok, so: @Thalia, I'll assume that wasn't a hint then? I think we're talking about the same post(s).

@FB and others- No, I don't want anyone outting themself. What I was saying is if we read up on our characters, not only can we hint but also pick up on others hints especially if people claim our roles. Why else have people been saying they need to read the book, if not to give and pick up hints? See, once a few people know each other are good, they can trust each other and work together. Until then, the baddies have all the knowledge and all the advantage.

@curr3nt - trust in my methods. I'm only looking for info that'll help the goodies.

To others: Don't say too much/ out yourself. We are closer to getting the baddies now as we have a few bits of info. Any thing you can help with is good but nothing that gives away your role. There are other ways of doing it, like giving info that narrows you down and can't be backed out of later.

@mo - give me a reason why I should believe you over curr3nt. I want to believe you are on my side but it's looking like you might not be :( Convince me otherwise or else 00000001.gifbirdie.gif

I'm in Group C...

Ok, thinking of it another way. They can only kill one of us per night. We are all worried that once they know our role, we'll be so important they'll kill us off. But if we narrow people down, we can get our RID killer to kill one at night, and lynch one during the day w/ our vote manips, while they can only pick us off one each night. Even in 3 night cycles time, they have only killed 3 more of us. Do you want to make it double that, due to lynches? See, so info is in our favour. If they had a RID kill, they could double up on kills if they knew our roles. But the way it is, us gaining clear targets is so favourable that it outweighs the negatives. And by being subtle about it, not all info gets picked up. We can even save our vote manips or RID killer if we're so worried about losing them.

What gives the baddies their power is that they are the informed minority and they can work together and plan. The sooner we get informed and can plan (and know who to plan with), the better. I'm not saying we should all state our name, age and rank, but we have to start sharing info; not just sit around waiting to be picked off.

By your reasoning all goodies should out themselves D1. Since the goodie handicap is lack of info then we should just do a data dump. With only Anon dead there will be at least two roles being claimed by more than one person. (Or one role claimed by three) We could narrow down two of the baddies to within four people.

The question is should we play that way? I'm of the opinion that some logic should be used. Not everyone hint at your role and see who can figure out the most hints.

I don't know how I feel about Shadow outing herself but I can understand it. She got a good result from the spy. She also has a second person that knows who she is and that result too. Hard for the baddies to bluff against that. maurice straight up gave his target.

I felt I needed to out myself too to support and my focus on maurice wasn't doing a good job of hinting that maurice isn't the one goodie he could be. I'm also in a good position to defend my claim.

Should either of us have gone as far as we did?

By your reasoning all goodies should out themselves D1. Since the goodie handicap is lack of info then we should just do a data dump. With only Anon dead there will be at least two roles being claimed by more than one person. (Or one role claimed by three) We could narrow down two of the baddies to within four people.

The question is should we play that way? I'm of the opinion that some logic should be used. Not everyone hint at your role and see who can figure out the most hints.

I don't know how I feel about Shadow outing herself but I can understand it. She got a good result from the spy. She also has a second person that knows who she is and that result too. Hard for the baddies to bluff against that. maurice straight up gave his target.

I felt I needed to out myself too to support and my focus on maurice wasn't doing a good job of hinting that maurice isn't the one goodie he could be. I'm also in a good position to defend my claim.

Should either of us have gone as far as we did?

Plus, outing myself doesn't remove my ability--it's a shared ability between me and another player. As long as one of us is alive, we have that ability. I hate dying in games, but I hate losing more. Now, do I hope I survive the night? Yeah, I do. Do I realistically expect to? Not unless mo survives. Then, killing me would only confirm that he was bad. But, it's looking like we'll get him today, which means I'm probably gone tonight. (game-time today and tonight, not irl-time.....)

But I think a lynch our way is worth it--they'd get a goodie anyway, and this way, a power isn't lost.

Shadow claimed a follow spy on maurice. Maurice admitted he targeted Molly Mae and Shadow hasn't corrected that.

Only three roles have night actions that could have targeted Molly. Cleaver, Tome and Ghastly. He claims he gave three hints in the first set of posts I linked of his and that they support him. I found "speaks to me" and bicycle => spokes which would lead to Ghastly Bespokes. Ghastly is the only goodie role he could claim. I'm countering that claim.

Shadow claimed a follow spy on maurice. Maurice admitted he targeted Molly Mae and Shadow hasn't corrected that.

Only three roles have night actions that could have targeted Molly. Cleaver, Tome and Ghastly. He claims he gave three hints in the first set of posts I linked of his and that they support him. I found "speaks to me" and bicycle => spokes which would lead to Ghastly Bespokes. Ghastly is the only goodie role he could claim. I'm countering that claim.

Maurice was honest about his target. Frankly, I'm surprised he was.

I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that maurice is evil. Also, no hard feelings, Molly. As long as you actually acknowledge that I actually did have my facts straight.

Your facts were blameless. And our convictions regarding Maurice are the same.

ATTENTION!!!

DO NOT OUT YOUR ROLES WITHOUT DARN GOOD REASON!

If the baddies can kill the following without taking a loss then they win.

Skulduggery Pleasant - RID Kill

Eachan Meritorious - x0 - x3 Vote

Morwenna Crow - Vote Mod

After that it is 5 goodies to 3 baddies that can vote worth 5. They can tie any lynch and just need one more NK to control lynches.

Regardless of what the game mechanics are or what roles exist, I think Role Outing is always bad form. That's why I usually give the baddies RID Kills. I think I'm going to start imposing mod kills...

Because it has to be under Save and Save is under the Blocks?

Block can also stop the baddie spy.

Another discussion..but there is a method of "NK > Block > Save ( > NK)" which implies that the NK is greater than everything (and can't be blocked), except by a save. It's likened to the "Spy" piece in the game Stratego--it loses to every tile but the Marshall (1) while the Marshall beats every (mobile) tile except the Spy.

can someone please give me a reason why you are voting for me so I can defend myself?

This is another thing I disagree with. Votes = Pressure. That's all we need to lynch you. We don't need questions to lynch you. You have to give us a reason to not lynch you. My reason for voting for anyone D1 is almost always random at first. We don't need reasons to place these votes. You need to give us reasons to move our votes after they're on you.

just to provide pressure... and also because I want to hear his reason for voting for me. Though, you guys say that don't out your selves if you are one of three goodies, what do you say if you are?

I know who you are...

Anyone see a hint that "checks out"?

I see his hint, but if you're counter-claiming I support it.

@MoMa ,can u say why.?

I did when I added the vote. Again, refer to an earlier quote (and my response) within this post. I don't need a reason to vote for you, especially D1.

can i get the # of Thalia's potential hint.

and there's something about what Aura said ,that someone read there's role and post hints about it,but if so ,baddies also knows how to go to the wiki and see the roles .blink.gif

Absolutely not. We don't want everyone knowing where a hint is. We don't even care if half the goodies get the hint. A good (subtle) hint will likely attract the attention of 1-3 people, depending on game size. After that, if A knows that B is good and B knows that C is good, A will listen to B's defense of C. It's like inter-domain trusts in NT...

So, anyone have thoughts on which of maurice and I are the baddie?

Maurice.

Host: Aaryan

1. TheCube - voting for Thalia

2. Hidden G

3. Flamebirde - voting for maurice

4. Shadow - voting for maurice

5. Thalia- not voting unless something huge comes up

7. Auramyna - voting for flamebirde

8. maurice - voting for flamebirde

9. Molly Mae - voting for maurice

A. curr3nt - not voting

B.(Other)Medji - voting for maurice

DEAD:

6.Anon26 - disintegrated by Serpine

Hope I found the right roster...

Can I just ask: what is the point of goodie block then? It blocks baddie block? :lol:

Also, why is NK so far down on the OOA if it can't be blocked and it's a blocking kill?

Goodie block was against the spy or the baddie block. NK is groupwide.

It’s only a blocking kill on the next action (follow spy).

i support MoMa at the idea of random voting,that's what i was trying to say to u Curr,FB didn't give a{......}that' why plz move your votes.

and the vote of MoMa on me,i accept but i don't know how to defend my Role without outing,i'll try to give something ,the prob is maybe i'd be NKed ,but i'm waiting for D2 to do something.enough for now. and no it's not a hint to my role.really.

plz move my vote to mo,cz we need him to speak a bit.