BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

This is my first riddle so bare with me, I hope its an "ok" one. I hope I don't have to many grammar or spelling errors. It makes sense to me i hope it does to you too. well, here it is.

Took first breath on twelve but conformed to one, dubbed a sir, days numbered more then half over. Under harsh rule I conceived one and two but three not forgotten I created that too. Here, there, things lay static I knew these thoughts would prove more than theoretic.

16 answers to this question

This is my first riddle so bare with me, I hope its an "ok" one. I hope I don't have to many grammar or spelling errors. It makes sense to me i hope it does to you too. well, here it is.

Took first breath on twelve but conformed to one, dubbed a sir, days numbered more then half over. Under harsh rule I conceived one and two but three not forgotten I created that too. Here, there, things lay static I knew these thoughts would prove more than theoretic.

Is it a clock?

No, not a calendar.

It is not a calendar. How ever, you will need an understanding of the calendar to understand the first portion of the riddle.

Edited by Adub20

"Took first breath on twelve but conformed to one".... this could refer to time, but at what scale? would it be as in 12 hours, or 12 mounths? or would it be something more to do with birth? "Took first breath" could mean when it was created or born...

"dubbed a sir, days numbered more then half over.".... this could refer to someone of noble blood or royalty. could this person be a king of some kind who knighted a Sir, or was this person given the title by a king? this could also talk about old age, witch goes back to my 1st point about time. could someone be dying? or about to die?

"Under harsh rule I conceived one and two but three not forgotten I created that too.".... if this person was a king, he could easily make the laws or it could be talking about someones children?

"Here, there, things lay static I knew these thoughts would prove more than theoretic.".... this part could be about death and knowing that his radical ideas could lead to his undoing.

thats what im thinking....

Jesus / god.

If this is right I feel bad because I used a bit of Googling, but is it Arthur C Clarke?

This is the closest answer so far but still not right. At least your getting closer now. :D

Isaac Newton should be answer. Born in december (12) as per old calender and in January (1) as per new calender system. Was knighted (Sir) and gave three laws of motion (words 'static' and 'theory' look like guess)

Sir Isaac Newton and his 3 laws?

(Born December)

Isaac Newton should be answer. Born in december (12) as per old calender and in January (1) as per new calender system. Was knighted (Sir) and gave three laws of motion (words 'static' and 'theory' look like guess)

sorry, ive been gone so long. Having internet problems. Yes, you got it!!! Very good!