BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Looney Tunes Mafia

curr3nt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all

wow.. two mafias at the same time.. this is going to be tough ...

let's focus on this one:

to hosts and everyone else that might answer this:

do redirect rules posted in the signup thread stand ?

edit: added color tag ...

Edited by Yodell

In the order of actions, what is the difference between > and >>?

I think Araver can answer that question better.

This might actually go back to an earlier question... I think. A >> B means B does not prevent A from happening. Even if B is a Kill A would occur first and then the Kill would happen. correct.

With A > B I think B could stop A from occurring unless A acting first will prevent B. correct

Say Bugs rolls a Kill and tries to kill a baddie. In these cases no one else is targeting Bugs or the baddies in question.

If Bugs tried to Kill Sylvester then Sylvester's Trap would occur first and then Sylvester would be killed (unless Sylvester traps Bugs cause that would stop Bugs from acting) (Trap >> Kill)

If Bugs tried to kill Henery then Henery's RID Kill would not occur and Henery would be killed (unless Henery RID Kills Bugs cause that would stop Bugs from acting). (RID Kill > Kill)

Correct me if I'm wrong Araver. correct, I've just put them in the same paragraph

Short recap - difference between >> and > with same examples:

* Trap >> Kill means the Trap occurs first (chronologically). ONLY after the trap occurs, if the killer is still able to move, he may strike his target.

* RID Kill > Kill means both actions happen roughly at the same time. If the RID Killer targets the killer with a correct RID, he will stop the killer from acting. However, if the RID Killer is "looking away" / not targeting the killer, the killer is able to kill the RID Killer. Otherwise, if they don't target/prevent each other or overlap in any way, then these are two parallel actions happening at the same time in different parts of the universe, no interference.

More info: OOA

Edited by araver

do redirect rules posted in the signup thread stand ?

Yup.

But that is just a top-down breakdown of the cases based on rules existing in the OP here:

- the rule that says "For same type actions: Indy >> Baddie > Goodie" (i.e. Taz's redirects happen first, then baddies / goodies),

- standard redirect rules when Order of actions is used (redirects only work on players with an action which voluntarily choose to act)

- other restrictions in role descriptions (such as Foghorn Leghorn and Barnyard Dawg unable to redirect each other).

Warning: a lot can happen with 7 possible redirects which are not shown in the night-post. Dissecting all the cases will most likely not be possible, nor will we (hosts) answer in any way to direct questions about which redirects could have happened.

Edited by araver

Finally able to get online after nearly 2 days. Had fever, and still had to travel back from home to attend office. :(

Anyways, I hope I've not missed on anything good.

@Mo stop bullying people. :D

I just understood the part of Taz sueing now!

Stupid of me :duh:

What are you referring to? :huh:

who's the anonymous here????? :lol:

EDIT: ah, the anonymous ran away :(

Wasn't it you? :o

Any relation to existing wikipedia articles is purely coincidental. It is merely a figment of the lead writer's warped imagination.

You have about 12 hours to complete your Night Action essays. No bonus points granted if they are submitted in limrick form. You know who you are...

In the order of actions, what is the difference between > and >>?

Short recap - difference between >> and > with same examples:

* Trap >> Kill means the Trap occurs first (chronologically). ONLY after the trap occurs, if the killer is still able to move, he may strike his target.

* RID Kill > Kill means both actions happen roughly at the same time. If the RID Killer targets the killer with a correct RID, he will stop the killer from acting. However, if the RID Killer is "looking away" / not targeting the killer, the killer is able to kill the RID Killer. Otherwise, if they don't target/prevent each other or overlap in any way, then these are two parallel actions happening at the same time in different parts of the universe, no interference.

More info: OOA

The text below is orange because it's not really for the host, but it is @Maurice:

So it's kind of like a pyramid...right?

I'm checking in.

Mo is trying to shake you guys up so he can get some info to base his night action on. Maybe even doing this on behalf of the baddies. Watch out for his fake hints also, to draw actions away, making them useless. (no I'm not saying he's Taz.)

All the redirects in this game are mighty annoying but they are worse for the baddies than us. Taz benefits from them. To Taz - I wish I was you.

@Host - thanks for the limerick comment. Something to metagame on while I wait for the day.

To all - this could be very, very fast game or a slow one.

Mo is trying to shake you guys up so he can get some info to base his night action on. Maybe even doing this on behalf of the baddies. Watch out for his fake hints also, to draw actions away, making them useless. (no I'm not saying he's Taz.)

All the redirects in this game are mighty annoying but they are worse for the baddies than us. Taz benefits from them. To Taz - I wish I was you.

@Host - thanks for the limerick comment. Something to metagame on while I wait for the day.

To all - this could be very, very fast game or a slow one.

As oppose to what?