BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I've been on this site for a couple weeks now, and love it. It's great seeing a group of creative thinkers getting together to challenge each other and provide different perspectives on things. I read a thread from moderator "Martini" and I have to offer a different perspective from what he said. I quote him below:

"But please don't post to a thread that has been over for months just to add the same solution that has already been determined. "

Personally, I'm not going to go back into the 850 posts and read all of them! So I might end up posting a thread that was posted 2 years ago, which means it becomes locked. Sure, the link is provided to the old one, but for the sake of new members, doesn't it facilitate more participation by allowing it to remain open for posts? I don't want to comment on something that already has 40 comments, the last one being over a year ago! I say loosen up on that policy, and I hope you allow this thread to remain to see what everyone else has to say. If everyone else thinks otherwise, then I'll ride with the majority. I'm willing to bet more people will share my perspective on this. Thanks, though, for keeping this a great site that provides daily enjoyment to thousands :)

rookie1ja - Do you think you could show the original date of post for puzzles? That way when looking through the list of most recently updated, if a puzzle moves to the top and it has 5,000 views and 30 replies and it was originally posted in april of 2007 you can be reasonably assured the new post does not contribute anything new to the puzzle. But if a puzzle has 1,000 views and 20 replies and was started just 3 days ago, there's a chance it's a good puzzle with a heated debated. just a thought. I'm sure in a few months I'll have seen so many puzzles I'll know which ones are old but for people who are new (which is going to happen a lot as more people discover you on igoogle) it might help.

already suggested here ... discussion for this point to continue there