BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Trainer's Manual Mafia IV

araver

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike MM, BD is accessible from office. Though, the workload may not allow me to check it.

Still, I'll post a few questions for few people after going through N1 post. Till then, adios!

If you want, I'll take her place in the game....:)

I got the impression you knew her IRL. Added you to her place for now.

Hosts: Araver & Aaryan

1. Hidden G

2. flamebirde

3. JaneDoe23 EDM

4. good22

5. TheCube

6. Petrus

7. KlueMaster

8. Anon26

9. Auramyna

10. RainThinker

Edited by araver

After we find out who the baddies attacked/blocked etc and we start voting, it will get more interesting. Then the game starts for real. Night 1 is just the prologue/ waiting for the action.

Edit: Welcome Li (EDM's nickname)! Nice to have you join us. So-o-oooo... Is it Go Goodies :):):):) or Go Baddies :):):):) for you this time? Come on, drop me a crumb *puppydog eyes*. :D. XD

Edited by Auramyna

I don't even understand why there is a BTSC if people aren't suppose to know if someone is suppose to be a baddie or goodie. If people are suppose to figure out the whether people are baddies or goodies then why are there convos that allow you to know all the people in the goodie or baddie group? That's all that I was wondering.

I don't even understand why there is a BTSC if people aren't suppose to know if someone is suppose to be a baddie or goodie. If people are suppose to figure out the whether people are baddies or goodies then why are there convos that allow you to know all the people in the goodie or baddie group? That's all that I was wondering.

Sorry to intervene, but: Is this a Mafia gameplay question addressed to the hosts?

Edited by araver

Because there is an informed minority (baddies who know who the baddies and goodies are but they dont know the roles of the goodies) and the UNinformed majority (goodies) who only know who theirself is.

The baddies have the advantage of BTSC and we have the advantage of having 7 goodies (versus 3 baddies.). So the BTSC is supposed to even out the disadvantage of the baddies having less players.

I think Araver is trying to hint that any questions for the host, you can put in red writing so it calls the host's attention to it.

Btw, TheCube was reacting to a few of us asking what he meant by a certain comment that we thought was him claiming to be a baddie. So he was kind of defending himself /clarifying his words to the group.

edit: fixed typo

Edited by Auramyna

@Cube

Let me ask this, have you understood the purpose of the game? Please read the beginners guide thoroughly.

While, host is here to help you with all the questions, your comments regarding basic game play may cause unnecessary suspicion (which is bad if you are a goodie, and even worse if you are a baddie 'coz it will spoil the game).

Hmm, well i did think that but then I accepted his defence. I really don't know but I'm hoping the night post will shed some light on the matter. If me or Klue get NKed, then lynch Cube tomorrow! (or will they kill one of us to frame him?). Aargh, my head's spinning. Too much WiFOM.

Hmm, well i did think that but then I accepted his defence. I really don't know but I'm hoping the night post will shed some light on the matter. If me or Klue get NKed, then lynch Cube tomorrow! (or will they kill one of us to frame him?). Aargh, my head's spinning. Too much WiFOM.

Auramyna what is get NKED ?

A question: Why lynch me? If you say that the BTSC is a PM and is only for baddies, then why would I, if I was a baddie, not have seen it yet?

first thanks for the first respond.

second by not saying that u saw the BTSC meaning you're a goody, so i suggest u start thinking deeper what u write :rolleyes:

i don't mean to offend i'm just givin a help

Hey TheCube, Don't take anything we say personally. Klue and I are known for being extremely suspicious and many of my comments are poor attempts at humour XD I understand what you were asking and having those goodie/baddie BTSC threads at the top of the forum is very confusing. They are old threads and in usual games (like this one), there is only a baddie BTSC. (Some more complex games have multiple BTSCs but that's a different story.)

Everyone looks suspicious at the beginning of the game and once we see the night post with all the actions, we'll finally have some basis for throwing blame around!

Another lesson for new players: during the day, you can change your vote as many times as you like. So you don't have to be sure or have any basis for your suspicions to vote. Once someone has 2 or 3 votes on them, it puts pressure on them to speak. They can give a defense or give some info, maybe hint at their role or actions, and if we accept that, we move our vote to someone else. And so we move our votes around a bit to hear a few people speak. Then, down the track, as more info comes to light, we can look back at what people have said and see any holes in their story. So the more we get people talking, the more chance someone will trip up or say the wrong thing.

So on Day 1, it is a common practice to vote in this way as we don't have enough information yet. Waiting until later to vote actually helps the baddies as it stands in the way of information gathering. That's a summary of the voting techniques and voting will start after the night post :D