BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Trainer's Manual Mafia IV

araver

Usually it is 24 hours but on the weekend it turns to 48 hours. It gives everyone time to realise the game is happening.

It is probably jumping the gun to call people inactive as it hasn't even been going for a day. They probably don't realise it started yet!

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Klue - yes and even pressuring with votes on D1 may not even get a response but then we still don't know if they are inactive goodies or inactive baddies.

All this speculation is sending me crazy; by the end of the weekend people will realise the game started, i think.

@Aura

Just some OOC info (based on your reference in another game): India and Pakistan are two separate countries (at least since 1947), and have half an hour difference in time zones. Also, some of the movies that are released in Pakistan are not released in India and vice versa. So, if some event has occurred in past in Pakistan, please don't assume that I'll know about it here in India. I am a fan of movies, but my liking is more towards thriller or fantasy.

OOC- @Klue - :duh: for some reason I thought you were in Pakistan. I'm sorry, I now remember you said you were looking for an apartment in India. I must have got you mixed up with someone else. All i really meant was that it doesn't matter what country or timezone or even movie interest as we are not all in America. Anyway, sorry if I offended you as I don''t know what the politics are between India and Pakistan or if there are still rivalries.

Don't worry anon26- just in another thread I said he should of heard of a movie cos it played in Pakistan. *takes foot out of mouth*. What an idiot!

But back on topic- yes cube is suspicious too but then everyone is suspicious to me on N1/D1. Once I see the night post and once everyone is here, I will know better. Until then we are just flapping our gums. It is 1 a.m in Australia so I'll try to goto bed now.

@Aura (continuing OOC)

While I'm not much interested in History, I'm even less interested in Politics and pseudo-rivalry. The reason I mentioned the fact was I don't want you to make any assumptions based on some incorrect info. 'coz even though you were right about me being baddie in that game, I was actually honest about not getting the hints. Moreover, I do not pay much heed to any claims, as any baddie can also make such claims after killing goodies.

Regarding inactivity rules (which were mentioned but not as a direct question to host):

This is a newbie Mafia. I really don't want to pressure people to be active and scare them away (I admit I usually do that as a host in more advanced Mafias where activity is critical for balance purposes).

So, we have 2 backups, we can get more if needed, but I'd like each newbie that signed up to be able to pick it up at his/her own pace.

Usually, the host replaces someone after a cycle (consecutive night + day) or even after one phase (either day or night). We will however be more lax with those rules in this game.

Thanks.

to my post on Cube. Its post 22.

I thought that no one was suppose to know other peoples positions unless they say it aloud or are figured out through logic to make the game interesting. Sorry for the inactivity. My aunt and uncle just came from Indiana and I wanted to make them not think I'm just a kid wasting his time on the comp.

Anon26- there's really not much to say until we see the first night post. The others are actually being smart by staying quiet until pressured to speak by votes on them. So we will just wait.... *tap, tap, tap* <~~~ tapping foot impatiently.

Does this night end early if the actions are in early or not?

Cube, you haven't been inactive, especially as D1 hasn't started yet. People don't need to check in more than once, if that, on N1 as the action hasn't truly begun yet.

But what did you mean by this:

I thought that no one was suppose to know other peoples positions unless they say it aloud or are figured out through logic to make the game interesting.

in response to Anon26 asking if you were mafia. Are you saying you are Mafia?