BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

curr3nt

Question

Prologue:

It's that time again... Time for a Looney Tunes movie reboot. The story will be new, edgy and raw...it just needs to be written first. Out of ideas, our hero lead writer, who is a secret Mafia player, decides to use a Mafia game to create the story. "Surely no one has done that before" he thinks to himself.

It will be an epic tale of good versus evil. Evil versus good. Good against good and ... who let Taz in here?! We didn't get licensing to use Taz! Get him out of here before we are sued!!

***Any relation to a future Looney Tunes movie in a theater near you is purely a figment of your imagination***

The CAST

Goodies: WinCon - Eliminate the Baddies

Bugs Bunny : Roll 6 Sided Die: (1) Save, (2) Spy, (3) Trap (Block and Save), (4) Redirect, (5) Vote Mod(another) x0-x2, (6) Kill

If spied by Baddie or Goodie appears as a random goodie not dead. (Can appear as himself)

Duck Dodgers : RID Kill or one RID Recruit to BTSC

BTSC with Tweety

Tweety : Spy - Baddies appear as "Putty tat" except for Sylvester

BTSC with Duck Dodgers

Road Runner : Alternates Save or Spy with Speedy - Cycle set at the start of the game

Can choose action if Speedy dies (Will be notified when Speedy dies)

Foghorn Leghorn : Redirect - cannot target the same target in a row

Fails if target is Barnyard Dawg - Will be notified if this happens

Speedy Gonzales : Alternates Save or Spy with Road Runner - Cycle set at the start of game

Can choose action if Road Runner dies (Will be notified when Road Runner dies)

Pepe Le Pew : Trap (Block and Save)

Porky Pig : Vote Mod(self) x0-x2

Michigan J Frog : No action

Takes 2 kill/lynch to die

Barnyard Dawg : Redirect - cannot target the same target in a row

Fails if target is Foghorn Leghorn - Will be notified if this happens

Baddies: WinCon: Gain Majority (BTSC - No Night Kill)

RID Kill is passed to a random baddie upon death - Last baddie can only have one RID Kill

Vulnerable to archnemesis:

If a baddie acts (after redirects) against their nemesis then their action fails and they lose their next night action

Elmer => Bugs; Marvin => Dodger; Sylvester => Tweety; Wile => Road Runner; Henery => Foghorn

Elmer Fudd : RID Kill

Marvin the Martian : Spy

Sylvester : Trap (Block and Save)

Wile E Coyote : Roll 12 Sided Die: (1-3) No Action, (4-5) Spy, (6-7) Trap (Block and Save), (8-9) Vote Mod(self) x0-x2, (10-11) Redirect, (12) Kill

Henery Hawk : RID Kill

Indy: WinCon: Cause 3 different archnemesis redirects (Baddie -> Goodie). Can only earn one redirect a night. Must live through the lynch after the 3rd redirect success. Indy winning ends the game

Tazmanian Devil : Redirect x3 each night. Secret ability.

The RULES

Redirect >> RID Recruit > Save >> Trap >> RID Kill > Kill > Spy

For same type actions: Indy >> Baddie > Goodie

Tie votes means no lynch (any day)

Night post will contain the following:

- Baddie Role + Goodie Role if Goodie is archnemesis (Baddie will not know the target name to determine if redirected or not)

- RID Kill - Actor Role + target name + success/failure

- Spy - Actor Role

- Trap - Actor Role + target name if success (See Save if applies)

- Kill - Actor Role + target name

- Save - Actor Role + target name + Actor Role saved against (A player targeted for a Save and a RID Kill will appear to be saved even if the RID Kill is incorrect)

- Redirect - Nothing

--edit--

Adjusted Indy green color.

Edited by curr3nt

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well... the Savers wouldn't know if their target wasn't targeted by another with something that could be saved from. (Need to double check this one with my Lead Animator)

Double check result: Redirected Savers would see in the night post the (redirected) target name they are saving. But they won't know anything of their initial target.

COME PLAY ... it's gonna be LOONEY! :D

Edited by araver

Double check result: Redirected Savers would see in the night post the (redirected) target name they are saving. But they won't know anything of their initial target.

COME PLAY ... it's gonna be LOONEY! :D

Re-read and figured out what My Director was saying :duh: I muddied it again by my response.

Attempting to clear it again, as curr3nt was right about case 3 below (while my response was about case 4).

1) Savers who don't make a difference (their target is not targeted for anything) don't appear in the night-post AND will learn by not appearing that their save was not needed.

2) Savers who actually manage to save someone will appear in the night-post AND will learn from the nightpost who the attacker(s) was.

3) Savers who get redirected and still don't make a difference don't appear in the night-post AND won't learn they were redirected since they don't appear in the night-post.

4) Savers who get redirected and actually manage to save the target they were redirected to will appear in the night-post, be able to see their target is not the one they thought they were saving (hence discover they've been redirected) AND also will learn from the nightpost who the attacker(s) was.

Edited by araver

@Araver

So, here a saver won't know the difference between case 1 and case 3. Either, their save was not needed or they were redirected. Only if their intended target is attacked then they'll come to know that a save was needed but they were redirected.

You said the spy should fear being redirected (or listed it as a case where it may confuse the player) so to clarify - if a player spies A and is redirected to spy B instead, are you saying they will receive a PM stating "A is [b's role])? The way it's been usually is as follows: If I spy A and am redirected to B, I receive a PM from the host saying "B is [b's role]".

So which way does it work out as in this game? If the spy never knows when they have been redirected, they can't trust ANY of the spy info received. So it would be a weakened version of the spy role; sort of like an insane cop (but at least the insane cop has a chance to logically deduce correct info.)

But of course diff hosts have different equally valid views; just want to pin down your view before the game starts :)

Spies will not know if they are redirected.

Since baddies will be using RID Kills mostly, this is yet another way to slow down the baddies from getting IDs on everyone. (The no lynch tie, saves/traps and archnemesis event are also there to help slow the baddies down)

We also wanted there to be risk in Dodgers using the RID Recruit. They will need to either gamble on Tweety not being redirected or work in other logic to Recruit to their BTSC. As well as gamble on Dodgers not being redirected when he tries to recruit.

Note that redirects can be used as a form of spying. So Foghorn and Dawg will have some ability with figuring out who people are.

Lead Writer: curr3nt

Lead Animator: araver

1. Aaryan

2. Hirkala

3. Molly Mae

4. Anon26

5. KlueMaster

7. Aura

A.

B.

C. TheCube

D. YoDell

E.

F. maurice

G.

Back-ups

signed Yodell up into the 6th position...if she doesn't confirm by Thursday I'll remove her...but this little push show of support should help with her decision making.

After maurice's friendly push show of support then of course I confirm .. couldn't let my fans down :)

And it does look like it will be a LOOOOOOONEY crazy crazy game .. so I'm in !! :)

But I changed my signup position to my own initial :)

Edited by Yodell

1. Aaryan

2. Hirkala

3. Molly Mae

4. Anon26

5. KlueMaster

7. Aura

A.

B.

C. TheCube

D. YoDell

E.

F. maurice

G.

Back-ups

@Klue Master - yes, that's correct.

Just a note - as mentioned in the OP - saves are defined as needed whenever someone "attacks" the target of the save, even with an incorrect RID (which is slightly different from other games). This was also, as curr3nt said, done to minimize the info baddies get from a RID (so if their target is saved, they won't even know if their RID Kill was correct or not.

Re spy redirects: if you look at both sides having a spy and a couple of possible redirects, the baddies have an advantage as they can share their redirect and spy info to partially or fully deduce who redirected who and thus who the spy info is from. Whereas each goodie only knows their own action. Unless ofc, ALL redirects are listed in the post.

It kind of makes the spy info useless and turns it into a game of redirect the opposition's spy.

Re spy redirects: if you look at both sides having a spy and a couple of possible redirects, the baddies have an advantage as they can share their redirect and spy info to partially or fully deduce who redirected who and thus who the spy info is from. Whereas each goodie only knows their own action. Unless ofc, ALL redirects are listed in the post.

It kind of makes the spy info useless and turns it into a game of redirect the opposition's spy.

No redirects are listed in the post. So, the game is "looney" in this sense. Redirects will make a lot of information hard to trust - e.g. most information from spies will be hard to trust on the spot - but since most actions are shown in the night-post, it may be cross-referenced later on.

Weaker than other games - yes. Useless - not fully IMHO.

Baddies have only one die-redirect(1/6), goodies have 2 + a die-redirect(1/6), indy has 3 redirects ... so I don't think either faction can determine where all the redirects went in one night. *shrug*

Edited by araver

How will the ROLLS act ? they give you the target and you will tell them what happens that night ? or is it in order ? or they know at the beginning of a cycle (N1-D1) (N2-D2) what action they have for that cycle ?

Also - vote mode is a day action .. the rest of the faces of the dice are night actions... so it has to be known at the beginning of a specific night .. right ?

and another question that's been bugging me since the first time I read the rules of a mafia game: how do you, as a host, actually RANDOMIZE the tie lynches OR rolls for that matter (i don't think u've got 12-sided dice :P )? Use random.org ? or ... what ? :D

thanks

edit: to add the rolls randomization

Edited by Yodell

How dare you think I do not have my 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20 set of dice! Before each Night phase I will role the die and tell Bugs and Wile what they get to do.

For role assignments, random.org.

Since tied lynches are not random lynch in this game I don't have to think about that. Random.org can do this if needed. Give it a list of people and it will randomally set a new order. Lynch the first person on the list.

1. Aaryan

2. Hirkala

3. Molly Mae

4. Anon26

5. KlueMaster

6. Peace*out

7. Aura

A.

B.

C. TheCube

D. YoDell

E.

F. maurice

G.

Back-ups

Adding peace as she expressed her wish to play back when this idea was in feedback phase.

one more question... there will be others but this popped into my attention this moment :

about this:

Indy: WinCon: Cause 3 different archnemesis redirects (Baddie -> Goodie). Can only earn one redirect a night. Must live through the lynch after the 3rd redirect success. Indy winning ends the game

Tazmanian Devil : Redirect x3 each night. Secret ability.

What does it mean that Taz has redirect x3 each night ? but at the same time can only EARN one redirect a night ??

How many redirects can Taz do each night and how can he EARN them ? - just got that part.. earn them as a WINCON .. right ??

and archnemesis redirects ONLY in that direction: baddie -> goodie or it can be the other way around ??

I know.. not actually ONE question :-s .. but at least one target ;)

Taz gets 3 redirects a night. His wincon is to cause 3 archnemesis redirects but he can only earn one of these each night. So if he got lucky and caused three in one night it wouldn't end the game since only one would count.

and archnemesis redirects ONLY in that direction: baddie -> goodie or it can be the other way around ??

Yes, one way only. If a goodie is redirected to a baddie nemesis counterpart, this is not counted/scored towards the Indy wincon. Elmer => Bugs is counted. Bugs => Elmer not counted.

Edited by araver

Just confirming that we define "target" the same way, as shown in the example below.

A REDIRECT's target, in the example of 'Redirect X to Y ' is X and only X, correct?

Consider the below RDs.

Foghorn Leghorn : Redirect - cannot target the same target in a row

Fails if target is Barnyard Dawg - Will be notified if this happens

Barnyard Dawg : Redirect - cannot target the same target in a row

Fails if target is Foghorn Leghorn - Will be notified if this happens

If Foghorn redirects Barnyard Dawg to Taz, he is told that his action fails (Is he also told that he attempted to redirect Barnyard Dawg?). If Foghorn redirects Taz to Barnyard Dawg, the action is successful assuming there are no other actions. Is that right?

Edited by Molly Mae

No Foghorn redirects Taz to Dawg kind of fails but for a different reason. He will be told it is a success but nothing will happen since Taz can't be redirected.

Foghorn can redirect Speedy to Dawg or Elmer to Dawg or anyone else but Taz to Dawg. He just can't redirect Dawg to anyone else. This is in part to help break redirect circles while not preventing them from IDing a goodie. Assuming they themselves weren't redirected.

Also in the cartoons (if I remember right) Foghorn and Dawg were best at redirecting Henery around but failed acting directly against each other.