BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

curr3nt

Question

Prologue:

It's that time again... Time for a Looney Tunes movie reboot. The story will be new, edgy and raw...it just needs to be written first. Out of ideas, our hero lead writer, who is a secret Mafia player, decides to use a Mafia game to create the story. "Surely no one has done that before" he thinks to himself.

It will be an epic tale of good versus evil. Evil versus good. Good against good and ... who let Taz in here?! We didn't get licensing to use Taz! Get him out of here before we are sued!!

***Any relation to a future Looney Tunes movie in a theater near you is purely a figment of your imagination***

The CAST

Goodies: WinCon - Eliminate the Baddies

Bugs Bunny : Roll 6 Sided Die: (1) Save, (2) Spy, (3) Trap (Block and Save), (4) Redirect, (5) Vote Mod(another) x0-x2, (6) Kill

If spied by Baddie or Goodie appears as a random goodie not dead. (Can appear as himself)

Duck Dodgers : RID Kill or one RID Recruit to BTSC

BTSC with Tweety

Tweety : Spy - Baddies appear as "Putty tat" except for Sylvester

BTSC with Duck Dodgers

Road Runner : Alternates Save or Spy with Speedy - Cycle set at the start of the game

Can choose action if Speedy dies (Will be notified when Speedy dies)

Foghorn Leghorn : Redirect - cannot target the same target in a row

Fails if target is Barnyard Dawg - Will be notified if this happens

Speedy Gonzales : Alternates Save or Spy with Road Runner - Cycle set at the start of game

Can choose action if Road Runner dies (Will be notified when Road Runner dies)

Pepe Le Pew : Trap (Block and Save)

Porky Pig : Vote Mod(self) x0-x2

Michigan J Frog : No action

Takes 2 kill/lynch to die

Barnyard Dawg : Redirect - cannot target the same target in a row

Fails if target is Foghorn Leghorn - Will be notified if this happens

Baddies: WinCon: Gain Majority (BTSC - No Night Kill)

RID Kill is passed to a random baddie upon death - Last baddie can only have one RID Kill

Vulnerable to archnemesis:

If a baddie acts (after redirects) against their nemesis then their action fails and they lose their next night action

Elmer => Bugs; Marvin => Dodger; Sylvester => Tweety; Wile => Road Runner; Henery => Foghorn

Elmer Fudd : RID Kill

Marvin the Martian : Spy

Sylvester : Trap (Block and Save)

Wile E Coyote : Roll 12 Sided Die: (1-3) No Action, (4-5) Spy, (6-7) Trap (Block and Save), (8-9) Vote Mod(self) x0-x2, (10-11) Redirect, (12) Kill

Henery Hawk : RID Kill

Indy: WinCon: Cause 3 different archnemesis redirects (Baddie -> Goodie). Can only earn one redirect a night. Must live through the lynch after the 3rd redirect success. Indy winning ends the game

Tazmanian Devil : Redirect x3 each night. Secret ability.

The RULES

Redirect >> RID Recruit > Save >> Trap >> RID Kill > Kill > Spy

For same type actions: Indy >> Baddie > Goodie

Tie votes means no lynch (any day)

Night post will contain the following:

- Baddie Role + Goodie Role if Goodie is archnemesis (Baddie will not know the target name to determine if redirected or not)

- RID Kill - Actor Role + target name + success/failure

- Spy - Actor Role

- Trap - Actor Role + target name if success (See Save if applies)

- Kill - Actor Role + target name

- Save - Actor Role + target name + Actor Role saved against (A player targeted for a Save and a RID Kill will appear to be saved even if the RID Kill is incorrect)

- Redirect - Nothing

--edit--

Adjusted Indy green color.

Edited by curr3nt

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Lead Writer: curr3nt

Lead Animator: araver

1. Aaryan

A.

B.

C.

D.

E.

F. maurice

G.

Back-ups

1. Molly Mae

Still have some confusion...confusion is good.

The position in the list has no real effect on the character you will get...so go ahead and put yourself wherever.

Unless you work for random.org and will be writing code to look for a list such as this to "randomize" a certain way. I've accounted for this by picking a random number of times to randomize the list. If the list doesn't change then I will know it was you and will take appropriate actions.

Have a nice day. :)

Additional Note of Interest to be referred to later as A.N.I. or an ANI.

1. We are looking at phase ending times of 10PM EDT.

2. Please feel free to post any questions concerning game play mechanics in this thread. (Along with an updated roster if moved to another page) The first 10 individuals posting questions will be selected to win either an answer to their question or a somewhat witty remark. The 11th person will be horribly taunted by everyone.

--edit--

I have been advised that including an AM or PM would have been useful. I disagree but will include it under protest.

Edited by curr3nt

What confusion?

Sorry, meant contusion.

Actually hadn't read the OP. Confusion was based on old RD's. You've cleaned it up good my friend. Kinda like my aunt does my uncle 'round Thanksgiving.

edit - Question. Can Taz be redirected? If so how would that work/play out? Can his action be acted on in any way. What are you thinking in terms of OOA/OOP/OPP?

Edited by maurice

Redirect Rules:

Actions given as follows: Redirect A to B

1.  Taz cannot be redirected.

2.  Redirects will only occur if an action is submitted by the target.  Redirects cannot force the target player to act.

3.  If Taz and (Bugs, Foghorn, Dawg or Wile) redirect Player A.  Taz's redirect for Player A is used.

4.  If Wile and (Bugs, Foghorn or Dawg) redirect Player A.  Wile's redirect is used.

5.  If Bugs, Foghorn and Dawg redirect Player A.  One is randomly picked to be used.

6.  If a player's redirect is thrown out for reasons given in 3-5 they will be told that their redirect failed.

7.  If Taz, Bugs, Foghorn, Dawg or Wile redirects A to B where A is Bugs, Foghorn, Dawg or Wile then the first B will replace the second A.

7a. If Taz redirects Foghorn to Elmer and Foghorn redirects Porky to Bugs then the final action would be redirect Elmer to Bugs.  Taz would be awarded a point if this occurs since he was a part of the redirect that made it happen.

7b. If Taz redirects Foghorn to Pepe and Foghorn redirects Porky to Elmer then the final action would be redirect Pepe to Elmer regardless of who Pepe tried to target.

7c. If Bugs redirects Foghorn to Dawg and Foghorn redirects Porky to Elmer then the final result would be redirect Dawg to Elmer which would fail.  Foghorn would be told that he tried to redirect Dawg.

7d. If Loghorn redirects Bugs to Dawg and Bugs redirects Pepe to Wile and Dawg redirects Porky to Elmer and Wile redirects Speedy to Tweety

Changes: Bugs: Dawg=>Wile - Dawg: Wile=>Elmer - Wile: Elmer=>Tweety -- Final result Elmer RID Kill(?) Tweety

8.  If the event of a redirect loop involving only redirectors as B nothing will happen.

I believe that covers redirects. There could be a possible 7 redirects in a night phase. Won't that be fun for everyone!

I believe that covers redirects. There could be a possible 7 redirects in a night phase. Won't that be fun for everyone!

Lead Animator checking in. A little confused, but as long as characters behave, there should be no problems. Animation phase is a GO. :thumbsup:

1. Aaryan

2. Hirkala

3. Molly Mae

7. Aura

12.TheCube

15.maurice

Back-ups

A bit of contusion and confusion but it's coming to a conclusion. And it's more to do with me than the OP.

1. Aaryan

2. Hirkala

3. Molly Mae

5. KlueMaster

7. Aura

12.TheCube

15.maurice

Back-ups

Assuming this game will begin on Friday. Can we have shorter cycles over the weekend?

1. Aaryan

2. Hirkala

3. Molly Mae

4. Anon26

5. KlueMaster

7. Aura

12.TheCube

15.maurice

Back-ups

Assuming this game will begin on Friday. Can we have shorter cycles over the weekend?

1. Aaryan

2. Hirkala

3. Molly Mae

4. Anon26

5. KlueMaster

7. Aura

A.

B.

C. TheCube

D.

E.

F. maurice

G.

Back-ups

Just..uh...changing my roster position from tres to three.

Likely no given the various time zones. I am not aware of any cycle shorter than 24 hours that is fair enough to all.

If this game starts on Friday, can we have longer cycles on the weekend? Say, 48 hours? This works really well if the 48 hour cycle is a day, which could happen if the N1 post comes Friday night. Day 1 would end at 10 pm EDT on Sunday. I have coined this the Scum Rule.

if maurice (who's an experienced player) talks about confusion and contusion :blink: .... what should I say :blink: :blink: ... among all those redirects.. one can break their neck fairly easy (figuratively speaking ... or noot) ...

I wouldn't want to spoil your game ... so I kinda don't dare join :unsure::blush:

I have to sleep on it ....

1. Aaryan

2. Hirkala

3. Molly Mae

4. Anon26

5. KlueMaster

6. Yodell

7. Aura

A.

B.

C. TheCube

D.

E.

F. maurice

G.

Back-ups

signed Yodell up into the 6th position...if she doesn't confirm by Thursday I'll remove her...but this little push show of support should help with her decision making.

Do not fear the redirects... unless you are Foghorn, Dawg, Tweety, Marvin, Bugs or Wile. (Bugs and Wile only based upon getting Redirect or Spy as an action)

Everyone else should know if they had been redirected since a different target will be in the Night Post.

Well... the Savers wouldn't know if their target wasn't targeted by another with something that could be saved from. (Need to double check this one with my Lead Animator)

Also the baddies in general if they are redirected to their archnemesis. But then again they could accidentally target their archnemesis and be redirected away which would be a good thing for the baddie.

Maybe Duck Dodgers if he actually tries to use the RID Recruit.

Bugs or Wile getting a Kill action could be scary...

Other than that I'm sure you will be fine!

(( In all seriousness, come play and have fun. ))

--edit--

The editor wishes to remind you (of course I didn't forget) that Speedy and Road Runner can Spy too and should fear the redirects.

Edited by curr3nt