BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TheCube

Question

I thought about it and decide that I could make a Survivor game for you all to play. (NOTICE: This is just an idea. It might not become a full time game.)

There could be two teams of six or more. For the reason you became a member of BrainDen, you will solve riddles for your team. The first person to answer correctly win for the team. The other team goes to Tribal Council where they vote someone from their team out of the competition. This team business goes on until the teams merge. From then on, the process goes on except for when a person answers a riddle first and correctly, they win individual immunity for themselves unless they want to give it to someone else. They then again go to Tribal Council. This time, when they get eliminated, they go to the Jury. Once the merged tribe goes down to two people, the people of the Jury give the two finalists a riddle for each member of it to the finalists. The person that gets the majority of the riddles wins BrainDen Survivor.

What do you think about it?

Hmm... Time zone differences would make a problem, along with things like no Internet. That would leave some people at an unfair advantage.

True. That is with the merging and finale because the teams can have people in the sme timezones that can help wiht the team.

1. Peace*out EST

2. Aaryan EST

3. Hirkala CST

4. Silver Surfer

5. KlueMaster IST

And, I think that a web interface would be good to avoid dependency on host's availability whenever you come up with a solution. I can pull up one if required.

Edited by KlueMaster

1. Peace*out EST

2. Aaryan EST

3. Hirkala CST

4. Silver Surfer

5. KlueMaster IST

6. Anon26 PST

7. curr3nt EDT

8. Shadow7 EDT (?) (posting at 10:11 am my zone)

Arizona is about the only United State to not use DST.

@Cube: When Hirkala hosted his Survivor, the phases were typically long enough to include everyone at different times or the player could contact the host and set a time to begin a timed challenge. I'm sure Hirk could give you more details on that, though.

Kala told me about the method she used when she did Survivor. I decided that maybe I could use that to stop all this confusion about time zones.

He told me that each person would tell when they are ready for the riddle with a PM. I would send them the riddle on a PM as well, when they think they got it they send another PM with their answer. Once they get it right, I see how long it took from the time I gave s/he the riddle and find the amount of time between that and the time they answer the riddle correctly.

How about that?

Kala told me about the method she used when she did Survivor. I decided that maybe I could use that to stop all this confusion about time zones.

He told me that each person would tell when they are ready for the riddle with a PM. I would send them the riddle on a PM as well, when they think they got it they send another PM with their answer. Once they get it right, I see how long it took from the time I gave s/he the riddle and find the amount of time between that and the time they answer the riddle correctly.

How about that?

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the team and vice versa?