Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question

Posted · Report post

You have a work surface that is big enough to hold two plates sitting side-by-side, but no more. Half of the surface is empty. The other half is filled with a stack of six plates, three red and three blue. They are arranged from the bottom up, red, blue, red, blue, red, blue. Using only one hand, arrange the plates into two color coordinated stacks of three each.

You can grab more than one plate in one hand.

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Move all plates except the red on the bottom to the right. Then just keep alternating, and you'll end up with two piles.

Posted · Report post

1. Put the top blue on the right first. Then move the stack except the bottom red and place it on the blue on the right. Take the top red to the left.

2. Take the whole stack lto left eaving the bottom blue to the right. Take the top blue to the right.

In this method you need to move the stack only twice.

Posted · Report post

Red and blue plates, no way!!! - and I am no designer, fashion guru.

take top two put them at side, then from the original stack take top one (red) and put on top of the new stack

Posted · Report post

You have a work surface that is big enough to hold two plates sitting side-by-side, but no more. Half of the surface is empty. The other half is filled with a stack of six plates, three red and three blue. They are arranged from the bottom up, red, blue, red, blue, red, blue. Using only one hand, arrange the plates into two color coordinated stacks of three each.

You can grab more than one plate in one hand.

bottom-top

----------

rbrbrb

------

rbr

brb

------

rbrrb

b

------

r

bbrrb

------

rrrb

bb

------

rrr

bbb

Posted · Report post

Put the top (blue) plate next to the stack. Slide the next blue plate out of the old stack and add it to the new stack. Slide the last blue plate out of the old stack and add it to the new stack. It's not too difficult to slide plates out of the middle of a stack with one hand, although it depends on the exact shape and weight of the plates.

Posted · Report post

Everyone got it, but I have to say: nice shortcut, storm! I hadn't thought of that one. B))

Posted · Report post

Yeah I agreed with Storm, when I figured it I was thinking red plate on top ,don´t know why, it´s just that when any body mentions bottom I ..........well it´s my mothers fault really, and NO I,m not.