BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

PROLOGUE:

"A no-holds-barred, pull-out-all-the-stops, breathless tangle of thriller..........................A new year at Hogwarts."

A new year at Hogwarts.....................After a weary journey through the "Hogwarts Express", all the students found themselves in the main dining hall, where in front of them, in the middle of the long teachers' table, sat Albus Dumbledore , smiling to see the children back at Hogwarts. Many innocent people (stone) among a few vicious ones. Malfoy gave a disgusted look at Harry, who was busy talking with Hermione and was soon joined by a boy. With that red hair, it was not difficult to identify Ron.

There, in the crowd, stood Ginny, a little nervous but more calm and contented. And among them, stood Colin, happy as ever..............

Nobody knew that among the happy and merry environment of Hogwarts, there existed a "Chamber of Secrets", where Riddle waited, planning viciously and smiling. Another side, Basilik was ready for the night adventures.............

Though some students were new to Hogwarts, they knew of the adventures of last year. They all knew, one mistake and a great damage would ensue.............

• Answers 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Zomg, that's freaky. Are you stalking me, Chaits?

Yes I know what I said. But he has come back online so he can defend. Also, I am watching the thread and I am willing to change my vote. In fact I almost intend on it. If you read my post, you will see that I made a non sequitir comment. (Clue- I don't have a beard irl.). If anyone has any basis for a vote, I'm listening. I am taking a stab in the dark. Would you rather I vote for someone with no votes on them?

@ araver: I would have expected you to pick up on the fact that I made a claim that I couldn't back down from later. And yes, I shouldn't have hinted with so little vote pressure but there was too much questioning over what Aaryan said before he died. I just wanted to clear it up so you could move on.

I don't think there's much basis for voting other than for pressure or possible vote association from D1. Is it just me or are there a lot of seemingly inactive people?

Note: I will not be active over the next few hours and am not sure when I will be back. Please do not take sudden lack of posting the wrong way.

Just as a note, unless Aki is on to take care of the day post, it may be slightly late. I am AT a commitment until 830 and it's a ways away that I have to drive home. I will do my best to have it prepared (but for the player, role, and role-related flavor text) beforehand, but it may still take a bit. Please make adding that last bit easy for my by keeping the roster fully up to date.

peace seems as inactive (thus unable to defend ) as q-cumber is .. so I'll even the odds for now : changing my vote to Q-cumber so there will be a tie .. and we'll see if there a lynch after that ... (or ginny's secret vote will be changing stuff.. and which way would that go...):

NK Rowling: Shadow7

Random House: Akriti

1. Peace

5. yoDell - voting for Q-Cumber

6. Thalia - voting for Peace

7. Chaits - voting for Peace

8. Q-Cumber

9. Slick-voting for Q-Cumber

10. Araver - voting for Peace

11. EDM

12. Auramyna - voting for Q-Cumber

13. Segul

2. nox - dead; RIDed by Harry N2 and revealed as Basilisk

3. Aaryan - dead; lynched D1 and found to be Hermione

4. Anon26 - killed by Baddies

Yes, that's why i asked you. I'm up to pg 5 and haven't found the tie post yet. I don't feel good about lynching someone who isn't here to defend. But we don't have anuthing to go on so it is much of a muchness. I'll check back and very likely change.

Actually Yodell, it is not a coin flip. It is "random among the tie" which means only one gets lynched. Coin flip means a coin is separately flipped for each tied player, meaning anywhete from zero to all of the tied players could be lynched. I know, it's a fine distinction, but I just thought I'd clear that up :)

By my calculations we have 3 hours until voting closes. As bad as it would be if we lynched another goodie, peace is being quite suspicious by logging on periodically to "check in" but not actually saying much of substance related to the game. I'll leave things as they are for now but am strongly considering moving my vote.

hey. srry,. :/

@Peace - in case you do come, the pressure is for you to answer these two questions:

1) Why no vote in D1, especially retreating your vote on Thalia when Aaryan had 4 votes on him? And why not actually pressuring anyone or saying anything in D1?

And please don't give me that limited IRL time

2) Why this post: during N2? Why defending Nox during the Night?

1) have this thing where i always worry that im going to kill the wrong person. Its one of those things that i thought "well - aaryan has a lot of votes on him. if hes a baddie, yay for us! but if hes a goodie, then i dont want to be responsible." i know. stupid logic but thats how i think

2) i was wondering out loud. i was wondering why he would switch. If he spied nox, youd think he would stick with what he knew. i was trying to rationalize why he would switch.

But he wouldnt be able to spy if the baddies targetted him.... You don't make a great deal of sense with some of your posts. I dont want to look like im bandwagoning but peace is most suspicious to me at the moment.

Re- inactivity, i voted and posted on D1. I don't have a night action so only just checked back in. I dont want to be the deciding voter. It makes it hard when ppl give weird lacksadaisical defences. I take bad logic as being a baddie, probably wrongly.

On my phone so could some1 add my vote to peace. .

true, but isnt that better than being dead? my point was why not stay alive even one more round? o.O I dont understnad why that doesnt make sence. sorry. :/

ok. im ron. now, im going to assume with one unknown death, that if anyone was ron, theyd say it now. cause theres 2 options:

1) no one says it. you culd say anon was ron, but out of 13 people? im not claiming to be a vanilla.

2) someone says they're ron. im linched. the baddied will prob. win anyways, but either way, at least you have a baddie right there.

n1: i blocked edm. as someone who didnt have anything to go on, i blocked edm because she was saying that she was never a baddie. but she was a liquid. i know, its another mafia, but as someone with nothing to go on, i just chose that. :P

n2: i blocked nox. my action didnt show up, and i pmed shadow to ask why. its because of ooc - there was no one there to block.

@Aura - I understand now. Not good with hints. I also understand why you did not understand what vanilla flavor number means. Mine is scattered in all my posts, from D1 up to now. (I was so focused to use it along the way that I forgot adding one up at some point).

So, I don't have anything on Peace action-wise. Just the fact that she stayed low enough and contributed mostly nothing in the thread. She could still be an important goodie which is why I'm expecting her to defend.

Peace's post that rubbed me the wrong way in particular is this:

I dont understand why he didnt defend himself more, but maybe he hit nox as a malfoy, then switched? nox could have said that he was any vanilla and no one would know, but... I dont know. thats the scenario i see, unless aaryan hit a goodie. odds that he hit a goodie are high, and then he had to guess, but if he hit a baddie, my guess is malfoy, and thought he coudl do more by switching. Just my thoughts.

She is slightly defending Nox, but clearly delimiting herself if Nox flips baddie.

So, I'm going with Peace ... all the way, even if she does not respond.

@Chaits - hello. If I may say, dropping in exactly after I said: "What's next, Chaits coming on and dropping another vote on Q? Cause this is exactly what happened in D1 on Aaryan. " ... that is a terrible timing.

But since your vote is not on Q, but on Peace. So if Peace flips bad, I could count you as a likely Ginny.

Of course if there is an apparent tie, yet the day post will not feature a tie, we will have Riddle narrowed down.

ok. im ron. now, im going to assume with one unknown death, that if anyone was ron, theyd say it now. cause theres 2 options:

1) no one says it. you culd say anon was ron, but out of 13 people? im not claiming to be a vanilla.

2) someone says they're ron. im linched. the baddied will prob. win anyways, but either way, at least you have a baddie right there.

n1: i blocked edm. as someone who didnt have anything to go on, i blocked edm because she was saying that she was never a baddie. but she was a liquid. i know, its another mafia, but as someone with nothing to go on, i just chose that. :P

n2: i blocked nox. my action didnt show up, and i pmed shadow to ask why. its because of ooc - there was no one there to block.

This is good. N2 checks out.

Let me think about it for a second.

Peace's post that rubbed me the wrong way in particular is this:

She is slightly defending Nox, but clearly delimiting herself if Nox flips baddie.

So, I'm going with Peace ... all the way, even if she does not respond.

@Chaits - hello. If I may say, dropping in exactly after I said: "What's next, Chaits coming on and dropping another vote on Q? Cause this is exactly what happened in D1 on Aaryan. " ... that is a terrible timing.

But since your vote is not on Q, but on Peace. So if Peace flips bad, I could count you as a likely Ginny.

Of course if there is an apparent tie, yet the day post will not feature a tie, we will have Riddle narrowed down.

im trying to rationalize. if he hit nox as a very important baddie, why did he switch? the role didnt come out by then, so i was guessing. if he did hit nox, why didnt he stay with it, now we know who he is? i dont htink thats defending. i was trying to think why aa would switch.

1. Peace

8. Q-Cumber

9. Slick - voting for Q-Cumber

10. Araver - voting for Chaits

11. EDM

13. Segul

Following Peace's claim, which I'm inclined to believe till the next day or a counter-claim (even a subtle one like the real Ron could just block Peace to let us know he's still alive).

im trying to rationalize. if he hit nox as a very important baddie, why did he switch? the role didnt come out by then, so i was guessing. if he did hit nox, why didnt he stay with it, now we know who he is? i dont htink thats defending. i was trying to think why aa would switch.

Hmm, it is defending, since the conclusions (what you call "just my thoughts") were that nox wasn't spied by Aaryan or was spied as a goodie.

Once Nox was revealed as Basilisk ... your post became suspicious of a defense of nox.

Now, shall we hear more from Chaits?

Im going to admit, this is my making sure tht i dont die if it goes into a tie from riddle

1. Peace - voting for Q-Cumber

8. Q-Cumber

10. Araver - voting for Chaits

11. EDM

13. Segul

I'm on my break so I have to be quick. Take my vote off peace as im satisfied by that. Araver, do you really want me to out myself cos I will if you want me 2. I'm a stone 2. There. Try to counterclaim me now, mafiosos. i vote for q cumber i suppose unless anyone has a better idea?

This is A bit inelegant all this climing. I think we should stop here and deduce the rest from the posts. Unless of course anyone wants to counterclaim?

I'm on my break so I have to be quick. Take my vote off peace as im satisfied by that. Araver, do you really want me to out myself cos I will if you want me 2. I'm a stone 2. There. Try to counterclaim me now, mafiosos. i vote for q cumber i suppose unless anyone has a better idea?

Sadly, I don't have a bad idea even if I'm twice as big a stone. Will remove my vote for now.

Problem is, we got 3 inactives: Q, EDM, Segul. And the voting started on Q for no apparent reason.

7. Chaits - voting for Q-Cumber

8. Q-Cumber

10. Araver

11. EDM

13. Segul

Removing mine and adding Chaits.

This is A bit inelegant all this climing. I think we should stop here and deduce the rest from the posts. Unless of course anyone wants to counterclaim?

Not inelegant. It is useful with moderation.

But yes, we can stop here for today. It is not for us to deduce, but for the goodies with actual actions.

Still don't feel good about Q (mostly metagaming, I'm used to lynching him).

8. Q-Cumber

9. Slick - voting for Chaits

10. Araver

11. EDM

13. Segul

I see a bandwagon on someone who may not have internet access. Either way I was only guessing. blink.gif

8. Q-Cumber

10. Araver

11. EDM

13. Segul

I'll bet the baddies want to kill Q which may not be good for us.

Edited by akaslickster

For now, I am satisfied with Peace. Let's hope. . .

6. Thalia

8. Q-Cumber

10. Araver

11. EDM

13. Segul