BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

PROLOGUE:

"A no-holds-barred, pull-out-all-the-stops, breathless tangle of thriller..........................A new year at Hogwarts."

A new year at Hogwarts.....................After a weary journey through the "Hogwarts Express", all the students found themselves in the main dining hall, where in front of them, in the middle of the long teachers' table, sat Albus Dumbledore , smiling to see the children back at Hogwarts. Many innocent people (stone) among a few vicious ones. Malfoy gave a disgusted look at Harry, who was busy talking with Hermione and was soon joined by a boy. With that red hair, it was not difficult to identify Ron.

There, in the crowd, stood Ginny, a little nervous but more calm and contented. And among them, stood Colin, happy as ever..............

Nobody knew that among the happy and merry environment of Hogwarts, there existed a "Chamber of Secrets", where Riddle waited, planning viciously and smiling. Another side, Basilik was ready for the night adventures.............

Though some students were new to Hogwarts, they knew of the adventures of last year. They all knew, one mistake and a great damage would ensue.............

• Answers 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

??? Does this mean Collin spied Harry? Suspect?

Perhaps, though action linking in a night-post is heavily discouraged, so I'd rather think it's just for story purposes. If indeed the statements were linked, this would tell Colin he followed Harry, doubt a host would turn a follow spy in a role spy *shrug* Still, if Colin saw his target's target was Nox, he can safely assume he has found Harry. Which still means it would give the public too much info. So, I don't think so.

It appears that Anon26 was Ron. Ron didn't show up in the post meaning he is either dead or chose not to act.

or is inactive.

Chaits came to mind. Don't want to run with it just yet and inactives are usually good unfortunately. I'll try voting before work tomorrow after I sleep on it.rolleyes.gif

Inactives are either goodies kept alive by baddies which tend to pick on the active ones OR are baddies lying low.

Maybe Riddle is covering him for a purpose?

Could be, could be not. Not sure the host would be hinting that blatantly in the night-post.

And by the way, you will need to actually vote for him to make him answer that question.

??? Does this mean Collin spied Harry? Suspect?

Flavor text. It has nothing to do with the identity of Colin's target.

And if multiple players target the same individual, events further down the OOA might not show up in the post.

Maybe Riddle is covering him for a purpose?

From the night post : "At the same time, Riddle sought out Chaits. "Imperio", he cried; Chaits would obey Riddle this night." I see it as Riddle redirecting Chaits tonight ... not "covering" for him.....

I'm way to busy right now to try and think further then that at the moment.. so I'll vote later this evening ...

NK Rowling: Shadow7

Random House: Akriti

1. Peace

2. nox - dead; RIDed by Harry N2 and revealed as Basilisk

3. Aaryan - dead; lynched D1 and found to be Hermione

4. Anon26 - killed by Baddies

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

7. Chaits

8. Q-Cumber

9. Slick-voting for Q-Cumber

10. Araver - voting for Peace

11. EDM

12. Auramyna

13. Segul

Strictly random to make conversation. I'll be back after work. 5:30 MDT. :idk:

Strictly random to make conversation. I'll be back after work. 5:30 MDT. :idk:

Hmm, what conversation? You mentioned you had a suspicion, then voted randomly? Don't you think there's a slight contradiction in there somewhere?

With so little voting, of course there is no conversation. Remaining baddies will just come around silently, place a random vote somewhere and next thing you know someone dies with 2 (max 3) votes on them. :dry:

@Shadow - thank you.

@Thalia - ... or Ron is still alive and blocked Nox.

Hmm, what conversation? You mentioned you had a suspicion, then voted randomly? Don't you think there's a slight contradiction in there somewhere?

With so little voting, of course there is no conversation. Remaining baddies will just come around silently, place a random vote somewhere and next thing you know someone dies with 2 (max 3) votes on them. :dry:

@Shadow - thank you.

@Thalia - ... or Ron is still alive and blocked Nox.

Good point. I guess we'll find out after N3. Well, if you want pressure let's try:

1. Peace

5. yoDell

6. Thalia - voting for Peace

7. Chaits

8. Q-Cumber

11. EDM

12. Auramyna

13. Segul

this day is an even day ... is it not ? so Ginny's vote will match that of Riddle's no matter what?

Or is it a voluntary action ?

And how does that work : even if she (the person playing Ginny) doesn't vote it will match Riddle's vote in the count? So whatever we see at the end of the day .. will actually be something else behind the scenes... unless they vote the same in plain sight ... right ?

Also .. to me at least Ron was active N1 .. so he's not Q-cumber (he's been inactive the whole time) but he might have been Anon (acting his block on EDM before getting NKed) .. although he said he was on after he saw he was already dead ... Ginny did not act last night cause it was not an odd night...

Aaryan voting for Nox seems pretty clear right now.. in the light of her being Basilisk.. so in my book Aura is the next on my suspicions list (She voted for him, and he voted for her in the end...) followed by araver (second to vote for Aaryan) and chaits....

q: do we get to know who picks up as NK carrier ?

So for now I'll vote for Aura...

1. Peace

5. yoDell - voting for Aura

7. Chaits

8. Q-Cumber

11. EDM

12. Auramyna

13. Segul

PS. I still don't get the pressure thing... strategy wise .... so far it has brought only trouble for the good guys... :-s ... (which makes me think that people adding pressure are bad guys...have to ponder this....)

this day is an even day ... is it not ? so Ginny's vote will match that of Riddle's no matter what?

Or is it a voluntary action ?

And how does that work : even if she (the person playing Ginny) doesn't vote it will match Riddle's vote in the count? So whatever we see at the end of the day .. will actually be something else behind the scenes... unless they vote the same in plain sight ... right ?

I don't think it's supposed to work if Ginny does not actually work. It would be a weird form of power-playing during the day. Hmm. Better ask the host

Question for Shadow:

If Ginny does not vote, does Riddle's vote still get doubled?

Also .. to me at least Ron was active N1 .. so he's not Q-cumber (he's been inactive the whole time) but he might have been Anon (acting his block on EDM before getting NKed) .. although he said he was on after he saw he was already dead ... Ginny did not act last night cause it was not an odd night...

Re:Ron - even Goodies can be inactive / lurking and still submit an action.

Aaryan voting for Nox seems pretty clear right now.. in the light of her being Basilisk.. so in my book Aura is the next on my suspicions list (She voted for him, and he voted for her in the end...) followed by araver (second to vote for Aaryan) and chaits....

q: do we get to know who picks up as NK carrier ?

So for now I'll vote for Aura...

Not defending Aura here, she has, as everyone voting for Aaryan, put herself in a position of being suspicious.

But there is a slight problem with reusing Aaryan's votes in D1:

- If Aaryan indeed spied Nox, then Aaryan's vote to Auramyna cannot be attributed to a spy action.

- Of course, if he indeed spied Auramyna, then that late vote would make sense, but at the same it would render Harry's kill of Basilisk/Nox as pure luck.

I'm kinda more inclined to believe Aaryan indeed spied Nox and his vote on Auramyna was a form of defense (albeit not enough).

OP says once Basilisk dies, Baddies choose NK carrier, so not really, we will only see it in the night-post.

PS. I still don't get the pressure thing... strategy wise .... so far it has brought only trouble for the good guys... :-s ... (which makes me think that people adding pressure are bad guys...have to ponder this....)

Pressure is good, otherwise uninformed remain uninformed and informed remain informed.

Leaving pressure and going away is bad. Not baddie, just bad for your faction. But since I'm guilty of doing just that (not coming back) in D1, leaving Aaryan open for a bandwagon ... I'm kinda not the right person to speak about that. :rolleyes:

That took too long to type, Shadow already answered :lol:

Thanks.

@Peace - in case you do come, the pressure is for you to answer these two questions:

1) Why no vote in D1, especially retreating your vote on Thalia when Aaryan had 4 votes on him? And why not actually pressuring anyone or saying anything in D1?

And please don't give me that limited IRL time

2) Why this post: during N2? Why defending Nox during the Night?

Re:Ron - even Goodies can be inactive / lurking and still submit an action.

Not defending Aura here, she has, as everyone voting for Aaryan, put herself in a position of being suspicious.

But there is a slight problem with reusing Aaryan's votes in D1:

- If Aaryan indeed spied Nox, then Aaryan's vote to Auramyna cannot be attributed to a spy action.

- Of course, if he indeed spied Auramyna, then that late vote would make sense, but at the same it would render Harry's kill of Basilisk/Nox as pure luck.

I'm kinda more inclined to believe Aaryan indeed spied Nox and his vote on Auramyna was a form of defense (albeit not enough).

Edited by Yodell

This is how I see it: Aaryan spied nox on N1 and then in his eagerness to get him lynched, came up with a weak accusation. (I should have picked up on how he kept focusing on what it would mean if nox was a baddie, w/out considering what it would mean if nox was a goodie.)

So I took that line of reasoning as quite scummy, especially when he stuck to it and didnt offer anything more. Now, from Aaryan's point of view, he knew he was a powerful goodie and that nox was a powerful baddie so seeing as I was first to jump on Aaryan, he naturally figured that I was defending a team mate.

I see no harm in saying this, I am a "vanilla" goodie. And after this, I will have a shower and a shave. I'm no threat to the baddies and they already know who the goodies are plus only Harry has RID kill.

I don't know what faction Q is but I know he has not had internet access. This is not me defending him, just sharing info.

I don't know who to vote for so I will add a vote to q-cumber. Reason = to add pressure so hopefully either peace or Q will say something in defense.

1. Peace

7. Chaits

8. Q-Cumber

11. EDM

12. Auramyna - voting for Q-Cumber

13. Segul

I'm not too sure on this at all but I have limited options.

Edited to remove quotes. May return to amend vote.

Edited by Auramyna

I don't know what faction Q is but I know he has not had internet access. This is not me defending him, just sharing info.

I see no harm in saying this, I am a "vanilla" goodie. And after this, I will have a shower and a shave. I'm no threat to the baddies and they already know who the goodies are plus only Harry has RID kill.

Number of vanilla flavor?

And no, separating *all* the vanillas from the action carriers is bad for goodies. We're not there yet though.

Now for your vote: REALLY????

You are adding pressure to someone YOU KNOW HE DID NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS ... and may still be in that situation???

What's next, Chaits coming on and dropping another vote on Q? Cause this is exactly what happened in D1 on Aaryan.

but wouldnt it be better to survive even for an extra night? thats whats confusing. :/

But he wouldnt be able to spy if the baddies targetted him.... You don't make a great deal of sense with some of your posts. I dont want to look like im bandwagoning but peace is most suspicious to me at the moment.

Re- inactivity, i voted and posted on D1. I don't have a night action so only just checked back in. I dont want to be the deciding voter. It makes it hard when ppl give weird lacksadaisical defences. I take bad logic as being a baddie, probably wrongly.

On my phone so could some1 add my vote to peace. .

Adding Chaits' vote.

1. Peace

7. Chaits - voting for Peace

8. Q-Cumber

11. EDM

12. Auramyna - voting for Q-Cumber