BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

PROLOGUE:

"A no-holds-barred, pull-out-all-the-stops, breathless tangle of thriller..........................A new year at Hogwarts."

A new year at Hogwarts.....................After a weary journey through the "Hogwarts Express", all the students found themselves in the main dining hall, where in front of them, in the middle of the long teachers' table, sat Albus Dumbledore , smiling to see the children back at Hogwarts. Many innocent people (stone) among a few vicious ones. Malfoy gave a disgusted look at Harry, who was busy talking with Hermione and was soon joined by a boy. With that red hair, it was not difficult to identify Ron.

There, in the crowd, stood Ginny, a little nervous but more calm and contented. And among them, stood Colin, happy as ever..............

Nobody knew that among the happy and merry environment of Hogwarts, there existed a "Chamber of Secrets", where Riddle waited, planning viciously and smiling. Another side, Basilik was ready for the night adventures.............

Though some students were new to Hogwarts, they knew of the adventures of last year. They all knew, one mistake and a great damage would ensue.............

• Answers 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I don't think Aaryan's defense makes any sense to me. "if nox is a goodie, the goodies are in trouble". That sounds suspicious. Can someone add my vote for Aaryan?

JK Rowling: Shadow7

Random House: Akriti

1. Peace

2. nox - voting for chaits

3. Aaryan - voting for darth nox

4. Anon26 - killed by Baddies

5. yoDell - voting for Q-cumber

6. Thalia

7. Chaits - voting for Aaryan

8. Q-Cumber

9. Slick - voting for Aaryan

10. Araver - voting for Aaryan

11. EDM - voting for Segul

12. Auramyna - voting for Aaryan

13. Segul

Added Chaits' vote.

I agree. I haven't seen anything from Aaryan that defends himself, in fact I think he's making it worse. Not only is it a weak defense but it actually sounds like the voting motivation of a baddie.

@Yodell - i was the first one to post the roster and I just added the votes in random colours...no meaning behind it!

I have nothing more to add at this point as Araver has summed it up nicely.

Ok: from reading through this it sounds like aaryan is suspicous, but i dont want to bandwagon just yet. @aa: just curious: is there a reason why you dont know the next time you'll be on? i know thats a little thing that seemed to have been added at the end, but i like reasons. i know i seem like the biggest hypocrite right now. :P

*sigh* I'm just voting for Nox because he is experienced! If he is a baddie then it will be terrible for goodies.

Okay, I don't want to out my role, but let me put it this way. If I die, goodies lose.

A question for Shadow: If I die, can I write it?

And yes, my motives seem baddie-like. But at least I've narrowed it down. One of the four of you voting for me is a baddie, taking advantage of the baddie-like motives of mine. And since Slick and Chaits voted late, I believe at least one of Auramyna or araver are baddies. My vote is changed to Auramyna

When I die, goodies, pay heed to what I said and vote one of them out.

Edited by Aaryan

D1 tie means no lynch. After that, random among the tie.

Yes, only if you are on when you die. If so, PM me your desired dying flavor text and I will include it--if I deem it non-hinting.

Day 1

Accusations flew as the students met in the Great Hall to discuss recent events. Peace, nox, Aura were questioned. But Aaryan felt the pressure more than most. He stepped out for a bit of fresh air; rather than worrying, though, the others took it as a sign of guilt--until, as they filed out at day's end, all witnessed the awful sight.

There, just at the foot of the stairs, lay Aaryan, mirror in one hand, paper in the other, a perfect stone image of Hermione.

Roster coming soon.

JK Rowling: Shadow7

Random House: Akriti

1. Peace - voting for Thalia

2. nox

3. Aaryan - dead; lynched D1 and found to be Hermione

4. Anon26 - killed by Baddies

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

7. Chaits

8. Q-Cumber

9. Slick

10. Araver

11. EDM

12. Auramyna

13. Segul

N2 ends 9 PM EST tomorrow. Current time EST: 9:19 PM.

Umm. How can Peace be voting for me when it's night?

What is the order of actions? It's probably in here somewhere but IDK where. From what I understand, it's:

Harry's RID kill, Ron and Basilisk's blocks, NK, Riddle's redirect, Hermione's spy.

EDIT: I found it.

Edited by Thalia

Yeah, the outcome is bad.

Because Hermione spied someone night 1 and Aaryan could have at least mentioned if he voted for Nox after spying on him. :dry:

Anyway Nox, you are the prime suspect in tomorrow's lynch. Revisiting Aaryan's posts and his focus on you, it does indeed make sense if he had spied you.

What is the order of actions? It's probably in here somewhere but IDK where. From what I understand, it's:

Harry's RID kill, Ron and Basilisk's blocks, NK, Riddle's redirect, Hermione's spy.

Correct about the OOA.

RID kill >> block >> NK >> redirect >> spy (who will know that they were redirected, but not to whom)

But >> is not >

>> means left actions happen chronologically before right actions so the right actions cannot interfere with left actions (RID Kill, blocks, NK cannot be redirected, RID kill cannot be blocked, NK can be blocked, etc)

Correct about the OOA.

RID kill >> block >> NK >> redirect >> spy (who will know that they were redirected, but not to whom)

But >> is not >

>> means left actions happen chronologically before right actions so the right actions cannot interfere with left actions (RID Kill, blocks, NK cannot be redirected, RID kill cannot be blocked, NK can be blocked, etc)

Which block comes first? Ron or Basilisk?

@Thalia was that on there? I thought I took off all of the votes... I just replied to the quickest roster I could find, so I used one that had votes. There aren't actually any. I'm posting from an iPod, though, which is kind of limiting.

OOA should be in one of the first few posts, if it's not, it's in the OP on the signup thread. Working from memory, though, you're at least close to right. I'll repost soon.

Thanks! Sorry about all the questions.

EDM has been double-blocked! All goodies with a role acted. All baddies with an action acted. Order of actions says RID kill>>block>>NK>>redirect>>spy

So, EDM is either a vanilla Goodie (4 posibilities), a vanilla Baddie (1 possibility) or Harry (cause RID Kill >> block, at least that's my interpretation of the >>) or Ron (as self-blocks typically still go through even if someone else blocks the blocker). She can't be Basilisk (cause block >> NK and we had a NK) or Ginny or Riddle.

Aren't there 5 vanilla goodies? 4 stones and Dumbledore?

Aren't there 5 vanilla goodies? 4 stones and Dumbledore?

Correct. Missed that at first counting.

@ araver if he did spy me he wouldn't have been voting for me maybe he hit a vanilla or someone important last night and randomized

Yeah, this is why I said he was not 100% clear before dying and he could have been more clear. In any case, he did not spy you as goodie, or he would not have voted for you ;)

So, you are prime suspect, unless the night-post brings forth other suspect(s).