BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

PROLOGUE:

"A no-holds-barred, pull-out-all-the-stops, breathless tangle of thriller..........................A new year at Hogwarts."

A new year at Hogwarts.....................After a weary journey through the "Hogwarts Express", all the students found themselves in the main dining hall, where in front of them, in the middle of the long teachers' table, sat Albus Dumbledore , smiling to see the children back at Hogwarts. Many innocent people (stone) among a few vicious ones. Malfoy gave a disgusted look at Harry, who was busy talking with Hermione and was soon joined by a boy. With that red hair, it was not difficult to identify Ron.

There, in the crowd, stood Ginny, a little nervous but more calm and contented. And among them, stood Colin, happy as ever..............

Nobody knew that among the happy and merry environment of Hogwarts, there existed a "Chamber of Secrets", where Riddle waited, planning viciously and smiling. Another side, Basilik was ready for the night adventures.............

Though some students were new to Hogwarts, they knew of the adventures of last year. They all knew, one mistake and a great damage would ensue.............

• Answers 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Day 3

Discussion began early, with a vote on Slick. Nearly all seemed sure he was bad--the only question, it seemed, was whether to kill the known one, or seek out the unknown.

Both sides voiced their opinions--kill Slick, or one of the new transfers. By day's end, agreement was reached. Ginny was finally freed, but also expelled.

Sorry for the late post. Roster coming as soon as I find it.

Night 4 ends 9 pm tomorrow.

JK Rowling: Shadow7

Random House: Akriti

1. Peace

2. nox - dead; RIDed by Harry N2 and revealed as Basilisk

3. Aaryan - dead; lynched D1 and found to be Hermione

4. Anon26 - killed by Baddies

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

7. Chaits

8. Q-Cumber - lynched D2 and found to be Riddle

9. Slick - lynched D3 and found to be Ginny

10. Araver

11. KlueMaster

12. Auramyna

13. curr3nt

D3 ends 9 PM EST tomorrow. Current time EST: 9:15 PM.

Couldn't post @ work as iphone spazzing out all night til now. ive been trying to change my vote To slick as per plan but didnt matter. I think Kluemaster is the bad one 4 sure. Its obvious to me but im relatively new at this. Am i wrong kluemaster? I say we RID kill KM as malfoy and spy curr3nt. Any other suggestions? Idc who we spy but we should kill KM 4 sure. Dont think they cn win with 1 person. The baddie should give in as there is no hope of winning now.

That means we have a plan now Araver?

No, I got nothing concrete, just a thought. But the lynch does mean that can come up with a (public) plan.

My thoughts on the endgame at this moment involve playing everything on one card (publicly):

- RID Kill X as Malfoy is a kill now. Since RID Kill >> NK, it is blocking.

- Block >> NK

These are two actions - no need to act on the same player to win. 2 suspects - 2 actions.

Either the RID Kill goes through (game over) or the block stops the NK (we lynch the blocked the next day, game over) or baddies don't NK to frame the publicly blocked person (in which case Harry is still alive for another try).

Question is, given info people have secretly, can we narrow it down to 2 suspects and be sure Harry is not one of them?

Only scenario in which Goodies are screwed up is when Ron blocks Harry ... and the NK kills Harry.

As long as Harry is still alive and we don't have a clear target for the lynch, we can lynch Dumbledore indefinitely (equivalent of a no-lynch actually). Otherwise, the game is prolonged, and paranoia may lead us to lynching wrong persons in a row.

Soooo ... ball is in Harry and Ron's court now. Mostly Harry's. 'Cause Ron can surely understand not to block someone who outs as Harry, give the benefit of the doubt, as we did with Ron.

And no, wifom aside, I'm not Harry. I am number 4 as I have hinted at in a lot of posts (where I used one, two, three, 4, five, etc).

Couldn't post @ work as iphone spazzing out all night til now. ive been trying to change my vote To slick as per plan but didnt matter. I think Kluemaster is the bad one 4 sure. Its obvious to me but im relatively new at this. Am i wrong kluemaster? I say we RID kill KM as malfoy and spy curr3nt. Any other suggestions? Idc who we spy but we should kill KM 4 sure. Dont think they cn win with 1 person. The baddie should give in as there is no hope of winning now.

We have a block + RID Kill. The follow spy is actually more of third backup, just in case.

And KlueMaster replaced EDM, Harry was supposed to RID EDM as Malfoy last night. If that happened, then KM is cleared.

If that did not happen, then, yeah, it is the most logical thing to try.

Not because EDM did anything, because KM did not do anything to clear his name as Malfoy.

Well, this is what I have:

Peace claiming Ron

Nox dead as Basilisk

Aaryan dead as Hermione

Anon26 dead- probably a stone

YoDell- not sure if he is claiming but I believe he is a goodie

Thalia- not claiming at the moment

Chaits claiming Stone 2

Q dead as Riddle

Slick dead as Ginny

Araver claiming stone 4

KM/EDM- not claiming but guessing other stone

Aura claiming Dumbledore

Curr3nt/Segul- not claiming as far as I know

That seems to leave Curr3nt as Malfoy but ONLY IF all claims are true.

Edited by Thalia

@Thalia - here's the problem: There can be only 4 stones. 1, 2, 3, 4 no more, no less.

- If one is dead (technically Anon is either a Stone or Dumbledore), then the baddie is waiting for someone to claim 1 or 3.

- If the baddie wants to gamble ... he/she can try to claim first. One of 1 or 3 (nothing to lose at this point).

Voting patterns with two inactives (EDM and Segul) don't tell much. Had Chaits not claimed a stone first ... he would be more suspicious voting wise.

Colin's private previous info is useless as Basilisk carried the kill N1, N2, and Ginny in N3.

Harry's private info from N3 is somewhat clear. I don't know if Harry tried something night 1, but most probably not a RID X as Malfoy action *shrug*

Ron has no private info.

As long as Ron and Harry can work together ... there is no need to talk.

I'm all ears. Harry doesnt want to out him/herself, and mostly what ive been hearing is "harry and ron have to work together." i see a plan, but i havnt seen any suggested targets, as tings are unclear right now. i know what's public knowledge, no more. If anyone who has more info can suggest something to me, i would be happy to help if it means obtaining a victory.

- If the baddie wants to gamble ... he/she can try to claim first. One of 1 or 3 (nothing to lose at this point).

That's the reason I didn't try to defend myself by outing my role. But heck, if I were then I would've been placed between current claims of Chaits and Araver. Also, that I don't believe Chaits claim to be true.

For now, I suggest sticking with what I proposed last night. Harry RID kills Chaits as Malfoy. Ron blocks another suspect, in case RID is wrong (please discuss and decide). If RID fails, let's try to hang Aura anyway. She shouldn't mind considering she won't die this way if she is honest. :D

But, we can change the plan if something intriguing pops up in the night post.

P.S.: Something makes me feel Anon was either Stone 2 or DD. But then, where is Stone 1?

P.P.S.: Recalculating, someone should spy Curr3nt. If Colin is powerless then Ron please block Curr3nt (unless he is Harry).

Araver, I trust you to come up with a game so that Ron and Harry come to know the names of two people who must have Ron and Harry among them. This way, Ron will know Harry and Harry will know Ron.

Edited by KlueMaster

Maybe I missed something but I don't see the problem with 4 stones.

There is a stone which is not. This might be the key.

Also, knowing stones are numbered was borderline PMRepping. Which is why I'm inclined to believe Chaits.

I'm all ears. Harry doesnt want to out him/herself, and mostly what ive been hearing is "harry and ron have to work together." i see a plan, but i havnt seen any suggested targets, as tings are unclear right now. i know what's public knowledge, no more. If anyone who has more info can suggest something to me, i would be happy to help if it means obtaining a victory.

Yeah, that is the thing ... I don't have targets. No one individual can give absolute targets.

Any RID Kill can be tried *shrug* Some blocks should not be tried.

That's the reason I didn't try to defend myself by outing my role. But heck, if I were then I would've been placed between current claims of Chaits and Araver. Also, that I don't believe Chaits claim to be true.

For now, I suggest sticking with what I proposed last night. Harry RID kills Chaits as Malfoy. Ron blocks another suspect, in case RID is wrong (please discuss and decide). If RID fails, let's try to hang Aura anyway. She shouldn't mind considering she won't die this way if she is honest. :D

But, we can change the plan if something intriguing pops up in the night post.

P.S.: Something makes me feel Anon was either Stone 2 or DD. But then, where is Stone 1?

P.P.S.: Recalculating, someone should spy Curr3nt. If Colin is powerless then Ron please block Curr3nt (unless he is Harry).

Araver, I trust you to come up with a game so that Ron and Harry come to know the names of two people who must have Ron and Harry among them. This way, Ron will know Harry and Harry will know Ron.

I do trust Chaits because of his number. A baddie would not necessarily know numbers exist. But this is almost PMRepping. I understand your hint at a number. Can't prove or disprove it *shrug*

It would be good to have a dual-perfect-secret-game, but I see no such game ... Ron is 99.99% known. Harry hides among the suspects.

Guess we could tell Ron to stop someone who does not claim Harry but claims something else and is still suspicious. Such as me. *shrug* But there are too many holes on that road, hmmm.

If we're down to personal preferences, my best bet for Malfoy is curr3nt (formerly Segul). But this is just another semi-gut feeling like nox and Slick were.

If we're down to personal preferences, my best bet for Malfoy is curr3nt (formerly Segul). But this is just another semi-gut feeling like nox and Slick were.

Meant to say, best bet for Malfoy AND most probably not Harry (since Segul was mostly inactive while Harry was ... inspired in his killing).

So, guess curr3nt can be safely blocked. Unless he has a good motive. I'm all ears.

I'll still propose RID on Chaits and block on curr3nt. Though, reverse can still be done. And, if the RID fails, we shall lynch Aura...

21nl 3ss de risa nig8 tk9 ll....

I can't give you reasons without risking meta-gaming. So, please just trust me on this.

Well, Curr3nt hasn't claimed a role or defended himself in any way that I have seen. Chaits has at least claimed a role. I think we should have Ron block Chaits. If we do decide to lynch Aura, maybe we should try to make it a tied vote. If she is Dumbledore, the other one will be lynched and Aura will be confirmed (I think. Would she be identified as Dumbledore if the vote is tied?). Attempting to lynch her alone to confirm she is Dumbledore would be a wasted day. Thoughts on either of these?

Chaits, now let me ask you how do you know this?

Did you spy me? But, that's not possible since all spies are dead.

So, was I part of your baddie faction? Again, that would make you accept that you are a baddie, and there is only one baddie alive.

Then, how else could you've known this?

Now, just to appease you (in the unlikely case you are a goodie): if RID kill fails on Chaits, and Aura is Dumbledore then Harry may attempt and RID kill on me. One extra night will still keep the result same if the last baddie is killed, right?

Slick outed himself and Klue. So he told the truth about himself and lied about KM? KM has been acting like a baddie since the beginning. He keeps trying to blame me and Auramyna when we claimed first/early. I don't understand why we would vote aura or me and have to wait another night and day before we kill Km, can some1 explain this to me. Is there something im not understanding

Slick outed himself and Klue. So he told the truth about himself and lied about KM? KM has been acting like a baddie since the beginning. He keeps trying to blame me and Auramyna when we claimed first/early. I don't understand why we would vote aura or me and have to wait another night and day before we kill Km, can some1 explain this to me. Is there something im not understanding

Slick outed himself at first. He could have been attempting to take down KlueMaster with him. As I said before, if Harry followed instructions (I'm assuming he did), KlueMaster has been cleared. I don't completely agree with the voting plan but since it is still night time, I wouldn't worry about being lynched right now.

@Chaits

that's because I've been cleared, and you are not.

Slick outed me? when did that happen? has a baddie never voted for a goodie? or did slick stick to his vote (which might have been an accident)?

I'm acting like a baddie? How? You claimed early and I didn't coz I've joined the game just last night.

I've never blamed Aura, all I said is that her claim has not been verified. And in case, you are not a baddie then her claim can be put to a test without risking life of a goodie (since Dumbledore can't be lynched). Though, you surely are acting suspicious. How else do you explain siding with Slick?

Edited by KlueMaster