BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

PROLOGUE:

"A no-holds-barred, pull-out-all-the-stops, breathless tangle of thriller..........................A new year at Hogwarts."

A new year at Hogwarts.....................After a weary journey through the "Hogwarts Express", all the students found themselves in the main dining hall, where in front of them, in the middle of the long teachers' table, sat Albus Dumbledore , smiling to see the children back at Hogwarts. Many innocent people (stone) among a few vicious ones. Malfoy gave a disgusted look at Harry, who was busy talking with Hermione and was soon joined by a boy. With that red hair, it was not difficult to identify Ron.

There, in the crowd, stood Ginny, a little nervous but more calm and contented. And among them, stood Colin, happy as ever..............

Nobody knew that among the happy and merry environment of Hogwarts, there existed a "Chamber of Secrets", where Riddle waited, planning viciously and smiling. Another side, Basilik was ready for the night adventures.............

Though some students were new to Hogwarts, they knew of the adventures of last year. They all knew, one mistake and a great damage would ensue.............

• Answers 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1. Peace - voting for Slick

2. nox - dead; RIDed by Harry N2 and revealed as Basilisk

3. Aaryan - dead; lynched D1 and found to be Hermione

4. Anon26 - killed by Baddies

5. yoDell

6. Thalia - voting for YoDell

7. Chaits - voting for KlueMaster

8. Q-Cumber - lynched D2 and found to be Riddle

9. Slick - voting for KlueMaster

10. Araver - voting for Slick

11. KlueMaster (EDM) - voting for Slick

12. Auramyna - voting for Slick

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

Wow, the waters have muddied a lot.

Which may reveal targets for Harry and Ron to try the next night.

So, let's go with the safe option: a person who has done absolutely nothing to defend himself. While the scenario where he is framed is still in my mind, as Slick is lacking a defense - I mean seriously, any shred of info along with the votes would take about 10-15 seconds to type - I'm willing to go with that.

And YoDell has spoken, so I have no other info to ask for today. Hope Harry and Ron get what they need to do.

@aura just one chink in your armor:

I had voted for slick and gave the reason for it even before slick (intentionally or accidentally) voted for himself. If I was a baddie still willing to fight, then why would I try to nail slick?

anyways, so far none has objected to my proposition so I assume that's the way things stand. Meanwhile, I also propose that Ron spies Chaits or Aura (in case Harry's RID fails) coz there are still two baddies.

5. yoDell

6. Thalia - voting for YoDell

13. Curr3nt (Segul) - voting for Slick

Slick it is then.

Any ideas what the plan is for N4 depending on who Slick turns out to be?

Aura, in your story you claim Slick the experienced player would have chosen to put the NK on himself even though he might be the target of block. Instead of putting it on EDM/Klue and making them act.

Wasn't Harry supposed to RID EDM as Malfoy anyways?

On another point - if Harry acted as instructed by Araver then it's safe to say EDM (Klue) is NOT Malfoy, and through that clearing her/his name because of the first night double block on EDM ..

@Thalia: why 1/3 ? I'm guessing you're counting me, Slick and Segul? or me, Chaits and Segul ?

@Thalia: one question for you and if you answer we could lynch a baddie today for sure : did you follow Araver's instructions ?

I did... and the result clears you, me and EDM(klue)at the same time, if you did as well !!

I was was referring to you, Curr3nt, and Slick. I forget to clarify earlier. This was based on the assumption that all claims so far are true. ;)

5. yoDell

6. Thalia - voting for Slick

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

By the way, I am graduating this afternoon so I won't be back before the day ends. I will probably be leaving in the next hour and a half. Just a warning.

Edited by Thalia

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

9. Slick

13. Segul

Those are the four that haven't claimed a role. So if the claimed roles are true then Harry is one of these four. Harry would know the other three are two baddies and Colin. Picking Ginny or Malfoy, Harry would have a 1/3 chance.

But that is all assuming that the claimed roles are true and that Harry RID EDM as Malfoy N2.

Putting Curr3nt's vote back:

5. yoDell

By the way, I am graduating this afternoon so I won't be back before the day ends. I will probably be leaving in the next hour and a half. Just a warning.

OOC: Congr8s!!! :D

Any ideas what the plan is for N4 depending on who Slick turns out to be?

Oh, a lot of ideas. Do you really want to discuss it now? Cause the way I'm seeing it.

- If Slick flips baddie, then we can talk openly again to get the remaining one. 7 vs 1.

- If Slick flips a goodie who doesn't know how to defend or help his teammates before being lynched, and who was framed by the public block ... then, no, talking publicly is not the right thing to do IMHO. We'd have 6 vs 2 where public coordination may just turn into a repeat scenario of last night.

Better wait a little longer and see for ourselves.

... then, no, talking publicly is not the right thing to do IMHO. We'd have 6 vs 2 where public coordination may just turn into a repeat scenario of last night.

Better wait a little longer and see for ourselves.

araver, I thought you were more prudent than saying something so indiscreet. I hope you understand what I am trying to say here.

my pick: owinbifom

old wine in new bottle in front of me

:P

:lol: (for lack of a better smiley to express)

Plan is to wait then.

Did last night go so bad? Even on the low chance that Slick turns out to be goodie aren't we still in a good spot to finding the baddies?

Not really. And we still have the numbers to do that several nights in a row. But there also can be a quick combo to win this tonight and not prolong the game unnecessarily *shrug* We'll see after the lynch result.

Did that cover what you were asking Thalia?

I didn't realize I had asked anything but yes, that is what I was saying.

I'm guessing curr3nt's question was for me ?

Thalia chose not to answer my question directly (or overlooked it) but she did in fact answered me .....

I'm adding my vote to Slick

5. yoDell voting for Slick

And adding my Congrats to Thalia irl for her graduation!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

@Aura : I have to disagree with you : I do not believe Kluemaster (EDM) to be a baddie :

- 1st Night double block means EDM/Kmaster could only be Malfoy or a goodie vanilla (or Dumbledore but Klue did not claimed to be Dumbledore.... )

- last night action : if Harry is who I think it is then harry did try to RID kill EDM (as instructed)....and missed ...

2-1 => EDM/Kluemaster = a vanilla

If, and only if Slick does end up being a goodie (and not ginny or malfoy) then that leaves Chaits or Araver making a false claim, and Segul(curr3nt) being the other baddie ....

last OBS: who are the two persons NOT voting for slick : himself ... and chaits .. (and there are only two baddies left ...and chaits might have been betting on segul's inactivity......)

edit : so I would not post twice in a row - adding last OBS

Edited by Yodell

I just can't believe Klue is still saying people should spy me. It makes more sense to spy an unknown. If you're a baddie, then good on you for not giving up but you need to refine the logic as that's what's giving you away.

So we lynch Slick as per his request and Klue's plan. And then we figure out what to do tonight.

@Aura : I have to disagree with you : I do not believe Kluemaster (EDM) to be a baddie :

- 1st Night double block means EDM/Kmaster could only be Malfoy or a goodie vanilla (or Dumbledore but Klue did not claimed to be Dumbledore.... )

- last night action : if Harry is who I think it is then harry did try to RID kill EDM (as instructed)....and missed ...

2-1 => EDM/Kluemaster = a vanilla

If, and only if Slick does end up being a goodie (and not ginny or malfoy) then that leaves Chaits or Araver making a false claim, and Segul(curr3nt) being the other baddie ....

I agree. I said that for me, it is out of Klue and curr3nt, it's just that Klue is acting very illogically and suggesting things that a goodie wouldn't suggest.

EDIT- Okay, then why did Slick self vote if he is good? It's really not that hard to work this out. Am I on candid camera or something?

Edited by Auramyna