BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

PROLOGUE:

"A no-holds-barred, pull-out-all-the-stops, breathless tangle of thriller..........................A new year at Hogwarts."

A new year at Hogwarts.....................After a weary journey through the "Hogwarts Express", all the students found themselves in the main dining hall, where in front of them, in the middle of the long teachers' table, sat Albus Dumbledore , smiling to see the children back at Hogwarts. Many innocent people (stone) among a few vicious ones. Malfoy gave a disgusted look at Harry, who was busy talking with Hermione and was soon joined by a boy. With that red hair, it was not difficult to identify Ron.

There, in the crowd, stood Ginny, a little nervous but more calm and contented. And among them, stood Colin, happy as ever..............

Nobody knew that among the happy and merry environment of Hogwarts, there existed a "Chamber of Secrets", where Riddle waited, planning viciously and smiling. Another side, Basilik was ready for the night adventures.............

Though some students were new to Hogwarts, they knew of the adventures of last year. They all knew, one mistake and a great damage would ensue.............

• Answers 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@Aura - :lol: Yeah. Nothing like second-re-guessing self. *shrug*

Still, the color he used is tricky. If he meant to vote on YoDell, even to save his skin, without telling anything, this means YoDell may not be the lucky 1/3 unless Thalia can elaborate more on that.

Slick can always pull a no-contest to get lynched and thwart any plans of lynching someone else. But we can still get some targets for tonight through talking alone, even if Slick is lynched.

^_^ finally something useful tonight

I'm guessing Slick actually wanted to vote for me :) or it is a non-contest .... but then he would have stated it another way .. But using copy/paste from Thalia's vote then he would had have to change the name... No idea :-s

On another point - if Harry acted as instructed by Araver then it's safe to say EDM (Klue) is NOT Malfoy, and through that clearing her/his name because of the first night double block on EDM ..

@Thalia: why 1/3 ? I'm guessing you're counting me, Slick and Segul? or me, Chaits and Segul ?

No baddies action tonight!

Possible reasons:

slick blocked : that makes him NK carrier and Ginny (no spy as well - but a spy from Ginny is kinda useless right now: as most of the players outed their roles...

OR

NK carrier and Malfoy - Ginny might be Segul which was inactive (replacements happened at the end of the night - right ? )

@Thalia: one question for you and if you answer we could lynch a baddie today for sure : did you follow Araver's instructions ?

I did... and the result clears you, me and EDM(klue)at the same time, if you did as well !!

I'm soooooo sorry I couldn't come online...My laptop failed me when I needed it the most...and there was no internet cafe nearby plus I had to come to mangalore....I'm in M'lore now and I'm getting my laptop repaired (i'm in an internet cafe right now)....College starts tomorrow for me...please pray for me....:(

Let Klue continue; there's no point me being inactive and ruining the game (I did mention to Shnox that I'll need a backup...) :(

1. Peace - voting for Slick

2. nox - dead; RIDed by Harry N2 and revealed as Basilisk

3. Aaryan - dead; lynched D1 and found to be Hermione

4. Anon26 - killed by Baddies

5. yoDell

6. Thalia - voting for YoDell

7. Chaits - voting for KlueMaster

8. Q-Cumber - lynched D2 and found to be Riddle

9. Slick-voting for Slick

10. Araver

11. KlueMaster (EDM) - voting for Slick

12. Auramyna - voting for Slick

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

Voting for KlueMaster as I still think EDM was acting suspect at the beginning. It would help if Harry could rule KlueMaster out. Can anyone here vouch for him? As for Slick maybe he can tell us what he's thinking. Maybe he isn't coming back??

Voting for KlueMaster as I still think EDM was acting suspect at the beginning. It would help if Harry could rule KlueMaster out. Can anyone here vouch for him? As for Slick maybe he can tell us what he's thinking. Maybe he isn't coming back??

Seriously? You think Harry is so stupid to out his role and be targeted in next night kill?

You've done nothing but tightened the noose around your neck with this post.

No baddies action tonight!

Possible reasons:

slick blocked : that makes him NK carrier and Ginny (no spy as well - but a spy from Ginny is kinda useless right now: as most of the players outed their roles...

OR

NK carrier and Malfoy - Ginny might be Segul which was inactive (replacements happened at the end of the night - right ? )

Araver had suggested that Slick be blocked. So why would baddies put the NK on him? Shadow, if the baddies picked Slick as the NK carrier before Araver suggested to block him would they be allowed to change their mind? Since NK died N2, N3 would have been an open pick for NK.

As Shadow said baddies can make inactive baddies act so if I was Ginny (which I'm not) Malfoy could have made me act.

I think baddies intentionally didn't act.

As for voting I'm split between Slick or Aura. Slick mostly now for voting for himself. Aura as a means to confirm claim for Dumbledore since he can't be lynched.

Araver had suggested that Slick be blocked. So why would baddies put the NK on him? Shadow, if the baddies picked Slick as the NK carrier before Araver suggested to block him would they be allowed to change their mind? Since NK died N2, N3 would have been an open pick for NK.

Im not shadow, but as far as im concious of, you can change your answer until the deadline.

As for voting I'm split between Slick or Aura. Slick mostly now for voting for himself. Aura as a means to confirm claim for Dumbledore since he can't be lynched.

That's a good line of thought actually. But, then Aura can be a vanilla too. Anyways, the claim can be verified later.

And if Slick is lynched and doesn't come out as baddy, then Ron can always block Aura or Chaits for the night as required.

As Shadow said baddies can make inactive baddies act so if I was Ginny (which I'm not) Malfoy could have made me act.

I think baddies intentionally didn't act.

Then I don't get it .. WHY wouldn't they act ??? If they acted and killed someone then Slick would be cleared ........ Also in this case , considering them NOT acting, then the suspicion falls on the inactives : like EDM (Klue) and Segul (yourself) ....

Besides.. not acting does not help them ...

All living goddies with an action acted... baddies did not.. wouldn't that make the inactives and Slick (that got blocked) suspicious?

Hmmmmm... I think THAT is what YOU want us to think :) (case of WIFOM ?? ) : knowing Slick would be blocked and making baddies not act would make us believe that slick is innocent (why would he act if he KNEW he would be blocked) and STATE that later on to lift the suspicion OFF Slick :-s (reversed psychology :P )

5. yoDell

9. Slick-voting for KlueMaster

10. Araver

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

I am now showing my true colors.

I have to state that I'll be waiting for Thalia's answer to cast a vote ...

smth i forgot previous post (got carried away in another line of thinking) : it's not good for the baddies not to get one of us killed, not NUMBERS wise... they ;re down by to many not to act if they could... (or at least that's what I'm thinking) ... if baddies would have acted tonight and killed a goodie (remember - they KNOW who we are) that would lessen the difference in numbers... (AND mind blow some assumptions...)

PS. I'm beginning to suspect Araver... he did not vote D2 .. and he did vote for Aaryan D1 ... :-s and with all the analysis he's been doing, correct so far he's getting all our minds away from himself .... He might be using curr3nt's strategy of bending the truth in his favor.. which also curr3nt might be doing ;) .... paranoia slowly setting in - I know .. but cannot help myself....

Then I don't get it .. WHY wouldn't they act ??? If they acted and killed someone then Slick would be cleared ........ Also in this case , considering them NOT acting, then the suspicion falls on the inactives : like EDM (Klue) and Segul (yourself) ....

Besides.. not acting does not help them ...

All living goddies with an action acted... baddies did not.. wouldn't that make the inactives and Slick (that got blocked) suspicious?

Hmmmmm... I think THAT is what YOU want us to think :) (case of WIFOM ?? ) : knowing Slick would be blocked and making baddies not act would make us believe that slick is innocent (why would he act if he KNEW he would be blocked) and STATE that later on to lift the suspicion OFF Slick :-s (reversed psychology :P )

1. Araver suggested that Slick be blocked.

2. Slick was blocked.

3. No baddie actions at all in the Night Post.

So either baddies didn't act or Slick is Ginny AND the NK carrier when there is a second baddie available. I'm not trying to make you think that. That is what I believe is the truth based upon the results of the night post.

"knowing Slick would be blocked and making baddies not act would make us believe that slick is innocent" - No it makes him look guilty. I do not think there is any lifting of suspicion of Slick. I still think there is a chance Slick is Ginny at least and support a lynch or Harry RID Kill.

I'm trying to point out that I believe the NK not happening was on purpose to sow confusion. Baddie need to split the goodies to have any chance. We need to not let them do that.

With it being 7 vs 2. Baddies would have to have successful goodie kills running 3 days and 3 nights in a row to win. As long as we are systematic in our actions I do not see how they can do it. Voting and acting without a plan is the only way baddies can win. More support for baddies wanting to confuse us.

Let's take a breath and come up with a logical plan to root them out.

Goodies with a public claim or info from night-post deductions:

1. PEACE - claims Ron

7. Chaits - claims Stone 2

10. Araver - claims Stone 4

11. EDM - Either a goodie or Malfoy, because of N1 post

12. Auramyna - claims Dumbledore

Not claimed / not cleared

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

9. Slick

13. Segul

If the claims are good then Harry, Colin and the baddies are the four. Assuming they know nothing else about the four.

Harry has a 1/3 chance to hit a baddie correctly. Colin has a 2/3 (If Ginny and NK are the same person) or 3/3 (If Ginny and NK are different) chance of identifying a role.

Ron has a 1/4 or 2/4 chance of stopping a baddie and a 1/4 chance of stopping Colin. 1/4 chance of trying to block Harry which wouldn't prevent RID.

If Harry is hiding in the confirmed roles then Stone #4 is letting him. I think Harry and #4 would have to have an idea who each other are so thinking same odds for Harry.

I'm thinking confirm Aura's role. If she is Dumbledore then baddies still need 6 phases of success (with no loss) to win.

Based upon that result we can split up RID, Block and spy to catch them.

"Colin has a 2/3 (If Ginny and NK are the same person) or 3/3 (If Ginny and NK are different) chance of identifying a role." Is assuming the baddies act.

If Colin spies Harry then we would have an even better idea where the baddies are.

5. yoDell

9. Slick-voting for KlueMaster

10. Araver

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

I am now showing my true colors.

And still, I've to correct the colors you use. :o:P:D

Are you serious? You want to test my claim when no-one has counterclaimed me? You realise that the baddies kill every night? This is our kill and you want to close the gap by what ends up to be 2 players?

Let's review:

Aura has claimed Dumbledore. She claimed this right at the beginning pretty much. NOBODY has counterclaimed. (Which would be a great way to avoid lynching goodies (by lynching a baddie), and the "real" Dumbledore has nothing to fear by outing himself as Dumbledore ranks lower on the baddies list of targets.)

Akaslickster has voted for HIMSELF. He has told us by actions and words that he is ready to throw the towel in.

And you want to vote for me? :unsure: I don't care if we have 50 goodies and have time to lynch half of us to double-check our roles before we move on to the baddies. I want this game over to be honest. The longer we wait, the more likely people go inactive. (Correction: this game IS over, we are just playing it out to the end.)

Can you guys come over to MafiaManiac.net? And be sure to get on the opposite team cos I need rep points and an ego boost.

Has no-one noticed that Slick voted for Klue? I started typing this post before I saw that and was already going to say that by Klue's post to Chaits, it is obvious he is a baddie. From my understanding Chaits was referring to the plan that Araver proposed. Anyway, getting this lynch right outweighs losing Harry I think, just off hand without crunching the numbers.

Think about it: why would Slick, a very experienced player, out himself AND his team mate? Why? Because this game has already been won by the goodies. It's a numbers thing. Even if we got the lynch wrong, by tomorrow, we would know for sure. But hey, I want to hear Klue defend a bit more so I'll know all his tells.;):thumbsup:

@ Curr3nt - How would Stone 2 or 4 know to let Harry take their role? How would they know it isn't a baddie taking their role? Seriously, just stop second guessing stuff that is obvious. Seeing as you are into probability, think about the probability that no-one would counterclaim a baddie that is claiming their role (which would help us all figure out who the baddies are) compared to the probability that Slick would dob himself and the second most suspicious person in as the baddies when they are actually goodies.

Chasing a 1% chance is wasting time when you have a 99% chance right in front of you.

@aura

anything personal against me? 'coz you always try to put me in the spot with no apparent reasons.

now when the things are so clear, you are still trying to muddle it and direct the votes on me. why? to save slick?

well, here is what i've to say in my defense: lynch slick. if he turns out a goodie, harry RID kills me. and in case slick is bad, Harry RID kills Chaits. in case Harry is unsuccessful, we shall lynch you just in case your claim of being DD was untrue.

Good proposition?

I'm thinking confirm Aura's role. If she is Dumbledore then baddies still need 6 phases of success (with no loss) to win.

Im not going to flip out like aura, but she IS right. :P

"confirm" the only thing i would see challenging her is slicks vote for himself, and its 95% chance of him giving up. 99% even. no one has counter claimed. dumbledore is essentially a stone that cant be lynched, and would be in no harm outing him or herself. why not lynch slick? yes, i believe that aura is dumbledore, unless anon was. even then, if auras a baddie, theres no way of knowing what anon was because of ooc.

so im curious - why do you want to change the lynch around? split the votes between someone who every one has theyre votes currently on, and wont change, and aura whos claiming to be dumbledore? whatever happened to not splitting the goodies?

but yeah. basicly, im curious why you think we should do that. im not trying to accuse, but form where i stand, im confused. (hey, that kinda rhymed! :D )

I'll tell you what confuses me: that there are only two spots left for baddie and Slick is one of them. So either curr3nt or Klue HAVE to be the last baddie, but they are both trying to extend the game and pull the lynch off the baddies and on to the goodies. I think curr3nt is just overthinking it and that's okay. Better to do it here than with more experienced players. But Klue - I don't have anything against you. I know it seems like I've been jumping on you lately but it falls into these categories.

1) In some instances, you're a baddie

2) In some instances you're making bad decisions.

3) My weakness is that I can't stand stupidity or illogic.

Good on you for still refusing to give in after Slick has outed your role completely but seriously, don't try to make it look personal when you know I've been right in everything I've pulled you up on.

Now, I have written a story to express myself better. Just to explain my point and perhaps explain and sum up what has happened here.

WHY THE NIGHTKILL DIDN'T HAPPEN

By Auramyna

Once upon a time there was Slick. He was an experienced Mafia player. So experienced in fact that he would never think to out himself and certainly not out a fellow baddie! One day, Slick found himself in a game with inactives and n00bs..... and Araver. After a few days, he calculated the maths and realised that there was no way that his team could win the game. The goodies had got too lucky. He went off and had a beer with his friend mo. As they sat chatting, mo said "Don't you have somewhere you need to be?" "No", said Slick, "what are you on about?" mo said "........' Slick said "Oh! THAT! When you rephrased it I knew what you meant." "Yeah, i figured out, we have no chance of winning so let's keep shooting the breeze. There's no use killing innocent n00bs. Also, Drink Driving Kills." So Slick forwent (past tense of forgo?) his nightkill. Unfortunately, KlueMaster either hadn't replaced EDM yet or didn't realise that he could powerplay the abilities so a kill was not scheduled.

The next day, Slick realised that the players still didn't realise who the baddies were. "??!?!?!?!?!?", he thought to himself. He sat back and watched them fight amongst themselves. But soon he started to feel sick to his stomach. "I can't watch this anymore", he thought. So he posted a vote for himself on the thread. This was officially the most blatant hint he had left in his Mafia Career. But alas, the goodies did not comprehend. Too late, Slick realised that the sick feeling was a hangover. But the post editing time had expired :( Later that day, Slick set out to the funeral parlor, to arrange his casket and flowers. On the way, he passed the Mafia playing Hall. He peeked in and noticed the goodies still bickering amongst themselves and straining their brains unnecessarily. "What a fortuitous event!" he pondered. "If I vote for KlueMaster, not only will I save money on my funeral and get the cardboard casket for Klue, I will also give the goodies a hint to put them and me out of our misery." This time, when posting his vote, he chose a prettier color that stood out from the rest. But it was to no avail.:o He couldn't take it anymore. He grabbed Klue in a hostage type position and said "Either you let us die, or I will kill us both!" "Please!" said the players, "Let us negotiate!" "Okay," Slick said, "what do you suggest?" "Well," thought the players, "how about we merely hang you in our town square?" "Hmmm...." hesitated Slick, "It could work.....but......oh why not....rules are meant to be broken."

And so it was, Slick and Klue were hung in the town square at midday. The players mourned the loss and moved on. THE END

The next day, some of the players said "Hey, let's go dig up the bodies. I don't believe they were the real baddies." "But what about this signed and certified confession, framed and plated with gold?" asked the others. "Yes, but those things can be faked," scoffed the sceptics. "But look, I have here a photograph of them signing, and they're smiling......with thumbs up......and it's signed by the queen........and George Bush!" :o:o :o :o "George Bush, you said? Well then it MUST be true." THE END.

@aura

anything personal against me? 'coz you always try to put me in the spot with no apparent reasons.

now when the things are so clear, you are still trying to muddle it and direct the votes on me. why? to save slick?

well, here is what i've to say in my defense: lynch slick. if he turns out a goodie, harry RID kills me. and in case slick is bad, Harry RID kills Chaits. in case Harry is unsuccessful, we shall lynch you just in case your claim of being DD was untrue.

Good proposition?

WOOT! Best idea EVAR! By the way, things are clear but it is you that is muddying the waters. My only mistake was playing into your trap and believing that you didn't know what you were on about.

DISCLAIMER: this could all be an elaborate ruse by Slick to put the blame onto Klue. But then again, if Klue ended up a goodie, it wouldn't win it for the baddies anyway so there's no reason for Slick to do that.

I agree with KlueMaster. Let's do his plan. Just to show good faith, I will change my vote to Slick. You can do the honours Klue.