BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

PROLOGUE:

"A no-holds-barred, pull-out-all-the-stops, breathless tangle of thriller..........................A new year at Hogwarts."

A new year at Hogwarts.....................After a weary journey through the "Hogwarts Express", all the students found themselves in the main dining hall, where in front of them, in the middle of the long teachers' table, sat Albus Dumbledore , smiling to see the children back at Hogwarts. Many innocent people (stone) among a few vicious ones. Malfoy gave a disgusted look at Harry, who was busy talking with Hermione and was soon joined by a boy. With that red hair, it was not difficult to identify Ron.

There, in the crowd, stood Ginny, a little nervous but more calm and contented. And among them, stood Colin, happy as ever..............

Nobody knew that among the happy and merry environment of Hogwarts, there existed a "Chamber of Secrets", where Riddle waited, planning viciously and smiling. Another side, Basilik was ready for the night adventures.............

Though some students were new to Hogwarts, they knew of the adventures of last year. They all knew, one mistake and a great damage would ensue.............

• Answers 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So, it makes sense to coordinate actions somehow using one follow spy (Colin) + one RID Kill (Harry) + one block (Ron) to target different suspects.

So, from my POV (since I don't know what Colin may know from his N1 / N2 actions):

@Harry - Try to RID Kill EDM as Malfoy, so we can clear her completely.

@Ron - Block Slick if claim was true. Otherwise block Peace to counterclaim her claim (and we'll lynch her)

@Colin - Follow any of Thalia, yoDell and Segul, based on whatever info you already have in N1/N2.

If anyone sees improvements to the above, please say so.

1 or 2 obs: you're assuming all claims are true (and we don;t know that they are) and that Colin did find smth useful N1/N2 ...

even if i don't believe all claims to be true i'll follow your lead for now and do as u ask....

Would trying to RID kill EDM possibly be a wasted attempt given the odds? Is there anyone you suspect more than EDM? I want to make it clear that this is not a defense attempt. Just a question of probability. Where did Aura claim Dumbledore?

@thalia: it was obvious that aura claims dumbledore ..

Also, the other RID kill Harry could be trying is Slick as Ginny or Chaits as Ginny.. but at the moment EDM as Malfoy give us the best chance of a hit..

And my guess is that Malfoy would pick up as NK carrier ....

question to host: if the baddies choose a NK carrier AND that person is being blocked or RID killed by Harry .. would the NK go through as a faction action or it remains blocked because of OOA ??

1 or 2 obs: you're assuming all claims are true (and we don;t know that they are) and that Colin did find smth useful N1/N2 ...

even if i don't believe all claims to be true i'll follow your lead for now and do as u ask....

@thalia: it was obvious that aura claims dumbledore ..

Also, the other RID kill Harry could be trying is Slick as Ginny or Chaits as Ginny.. but at the moment EDM as Malfoy give us the best chance of a hit..

And my guess is that Malfoy would pick up as NK carrier ....

@Yodell - I'm not assuming anything good from Colin. But since he acted, Colin can know one or two on that list are vanilla (not Ginny) *shrug* Finding Malfoy out is harder than finding Ginny via block or follow-spy. Hence my requests for RID Kill X as Malfoy.

By no means all claims are supposed to be true. I tend to believe most, but that's personal. But all claims (minus Peace's) can't be verified directly since we lost our role spy.

The trick is that we have the numbers to act on the others who have not claimed this night, have a lynch, then go for the others that have claimed if night 3 + day 3 is not fruitful. 7 vs 2 would allow us a worst case of 5 vs 2 in night 4 (assuming Harry does not want to RID Kill another goodie) where it's open season for anyone.

Night 3

Harry sought his nemesis without success as Colin snuck after tonight's target. Just down the stairs, Ron spotted Slick; "petrificus totalus". He would not act tonight.

Same roster as after the day post.

Failing all her classes, EDM had been transferred to Durmstrang, her place filled by KlueMaster. At the same time, Segul disappeared into the Forbidden Forest, to be replaced by curr3nt.

Edited by Shadow7

JK Rowling: Shadow7

Random House: Akriti

1. Peace

2. nox - dead; RIDed by Harry N2 and revealed as Basilisk

3. Aaryan - dead; lynched D1 and found to be Hermione

4. Anon26 - killed by Baddies

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

7. Chaits

8. Q-Cumber - lynched D2 and found to be Riddle

9. Slick

10. Araver - voting for Slick

11. EDM

12. Auramyna

13. Segul

Lacking any info and seeing no kill, I gotta go with the blocked one. Baddies could be all inactive (rare) or trying to frame the ones blocked (devious, but still rare).

Let's see what Slick says.

Failing all her classes, EDM had been transferred to Durmstrang, her place filled by KlueMaster. At the same time, Segul disappeared into the Forbidden Forest, to be replaced by curr3nt.

Wow, a double-replacement. This makes the inactive theory more likely.

Still, need to hear from Slick first, then from Curr3nt (as Segul was ... hard to talk to).

1. Peace

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

7. Chaits

9. Slick

10. Araver

11. KlueMaster

12. Auramyna

13. curr3nt

D3 ends 9 PM EST tomorrow. Current time EST: 9:15 PM.

1. Peace

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

7. Chaits

9. Slick

11. KlueMaster (EDM)

12. Auramyna

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

Added the replacements (still leaving the ones replaced cause my mind can't keep track of two replacements at once)

RID kill>>block>>NK>>redirect>>spy

Goodies: Wincon=eliminate baddies

Harry--RID kill (kill only if he correctly IDs the target's role)

Ron--block

Hermione--role spy

Dumbledore--can't be lynched

Colin--follow spy (sees target of action only)

4 other people who get turned to stone--vanilla

Slick is:

not colin (b/c block), could be harry, but then he probably would be defending himself more.

not ron/hermione

not dumbledore (aura claimed dumbledore, and i have no reason to not believe her.)

Im voting for slick.

1. Peace - voting for Slick

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

7. Chaits

9. Slick

11. KlueMaster (EDM)

12. Auramyna

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

edit: stupid quote tags :P

Edited by peace*out

Slick was blocked by Ron. So, Peace is most likely Ron.

At the same time, no night kill by baddies. So, Slick may be the new NK carrier.

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

7. Chaits

9. Slick

11. KlueMaster (EDM) - voting for Slick

12. Auramyna

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

Slick was blocked by Ron. So, Peace is most likely Ron.

At the same time, no night kill by baddies. So, Slick may be the new NK carrier.

Yeah, Peace's claim was validated.

As I mentioned, there are several possibilities, mainly because Ginny did not act even though she had an action spy in an odd night. The other baddie could have powerplayed her.

1) Both baddies were inactive. Which will again raise suspicion of EDM (now KlueMaster) as Malfoy. Which Harry should know right now.

2) Ginny was playing dead because of the public plan to block Slick. Which will become obvious once we lynch Slick.

3) Slick is Ginny and this has stopped the NK and her action.

I'm very tempted to reserve RID Kill Slick as Ginny for Harry to try and pressure to find a Malfoy today ... Comments?

Goodies with a public claim or info from night-post deductions:

1. PEACE - claims Ron

7. Chaits - claims Stone 2

10. Araver - claims Stone 4

11. EDM - Either a goodie or Malfoy, because of N1 post

12. Auramyna - claims Dumbledore

Not claimed / not cleared

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

9. Slick

13. Segul

You want me to speak Araver?

Peace wasn't blocked so supports Ron.

EDM is alive so either not Malfoy or Harry didn't follow your lead. (I think it was a reasonablish lead)

I think Aura's claim for Dumbledore was early enough that baddies couldn't have figured that was Aaryan's role. (Need to re-read)

Nothing to say about Chatis or Araver. For or against.

Hope that helps. I can't see the baddies winning now that more than 2 goodies have fairly good confirmations and still no counters. And with Harry still being somewhat hidden.

@curr3nt - agree with what you say, except Harry is not that well hidden, we need Ron to keep stopping the NK.

And about this

I think Aura's claim for Dumbledore was early enough that baddies couldn't have figured that was Aaryan's role. (Need to re-read)

Aura claimed in D2, Aaryan was lynched D1. I think you meant Anon26, in which case, yes, there is little chance the baddies could claim his role - their spy is an action spy not a full role spy. If pushed to claim, they would just claim vanilla with no flavor (and no number).

Well, I think I have a 1/3 chance of getting the right person.

5. yoDell

6. Thalia - voting for YoDell

7. Chaits

9. Slick

12. Auramyna

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

In answer to Thalia's question about where my hint was:

hint 1 - shave

hint 2 - beard

making it obvious it was a claim

I lol'd irl. I really made it obvious didn't I? But I play slightly different on BD than on MM.

Still, need to hear from Slick first, then from Curr3nt (as Segul was ... hard to talk to).

I must defend him. He is easy to talk to on N1 or outside of the game.

@YoDell and Curr3nt - The point of Araver publicising everyone's claims is that we can all see what hints we didn't pick up on. Then, if any of us are one of the characters that has been claimed, we will realise and say "Hey, a baddie claimed my role!" So, as the original claims have been public for a while now, if any one was going to counterclaim, they should've. Ofc someone could claim Anon26's role if the baddies had spied him/her before killing, or guessed luckily. But I don't think the OOA allow this, and plus it is an action spy.

NOTE: Games vary. Sometimes if you role-spy a player on the night they are killed, you find out their role. But in most games, the spy does not go through if they are killed. It depends on the host. Spying and killing the same person on the same night is called a spy-kill.

@Aaryan- You really shouldn't be making so many ghost posts. Especially on topic ones like you are doing. You aren't supposed to say anything at all and certainly not asking the host questions. You can't be pointing out information or ways of thinking to the players. Even off topic ones are banned. (Unless you have the express permission of Shadow7 of course.)

It looks as if by Slick being blocked, Peace isn't counterclaiming herself as Ron.

I vote Slick for obvious reasons. He is acting too suspicious to start off with and we have narrowed things down through the host posts.

5. yoDell

6. Thalia - voting for Yodell

7. Chaits

9. Slick

12. Auramyna -voting for Slick

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

edited to add Thalia's vote

Edited by Auramyna

5. yoDell

7. Chaits

9. Slick-voting for Slick

12. Auramyna

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

I hate baddies as well..........

@slick even if you are voting against yourself please retain the color used for your name in previous votes.

At the same time, you have omitted Aura's vote, so I'm putting it back.

5. yoDell

7. Chaits

9. Slick-voting for Slick

12. Auramyna - voting for Slick

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

5. yoDell

7. Chaits

9. Slick - voting for Slick

10. Araver

12. Auramyna - voting for Slick

13. Curr3nt (Segul)

I was gonna follow Thalia's 1/3 vote on YoDell and continue my suggestion for Harry to RID Kill Slick as Ginny ...

... but I got lost (dumbfounded is an understatement) when Slick jumped in and voted for self, though color suggests he copied it from Thalia's vote to YoDell (?). So until Slick's vote is cleared up, I'm not voting for YoDell for pressure.

If we wanna go through with the plan of getting a Malfoy today and a Slick Ginny later on ... someone needs to speak up ... YoDell, can you give us a better target or some info?

Ha, that's funny. Slick votes for himself so Araver goes, nah let's lynch someone else. I should try that defense next time.

N.B- @Araver - I understand that we want to get Malfoy before Ginny. It just struck me as humorous.

Combining the inactivity with Slick's vote, I say he just wants out of the game already. Well, dammit Slick, we can't let you do that! By hook or by crook you will finish this game! Didn't your mother tell you to always finish what you start?

Now where is Chaits. I thought if I posted again, he might turn up....