BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

PROLOGUE:

"A no-holds-barred, pull-out-all-the-stops, breathless tangle of thriller..........................A new year at Hogwarts."

A new year at Hogwarts.....................After a weary journey through the "Hogwarts Express", all the students found themselves in the main dining hall, where in front of them, in the middle of the long teachers' table, sat Albus Dumbledore , smiling to see the children back at Hogwarts. Many innocent people (stone) among a few vicious ones. Malfoy gave a disgusted look at Harry, who was busy talking with Hermione and was soon joined by a boy. With that red hair, it was not difficult to identify Ron.

There, in the crowd, stood Ginny, a little nervous but more calm and contented. And among them, stood Colin, happy as ever..............

Nobody knew that among the happy and merry environment of Hogwarts, there existed a "Chamber of Secrets", where Riddle waited, planning viciously and smiling. Another side, Basilik was ready for the night adventures.............

Though some students were new to Hogwarts, they knew of the adventures of last year. They all knew, one mistake and a great damage would ensue.............

• Answers 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Day 2

Again, accusations flew across the Great Hall; "Why did Peace defend the Basilisk?" "Why is Q-Cumber so silent?" "She must be bad" "or is he?" But by day's end, not even Riddle's control of Ginny could change the outcome.

Silenced by no one knew what forces, Q-Cumber was dragged into the dungeons, where Snape forced Veratiserum down Riddle's throat. Now, he would never again walk these hallowed halls; he had been cast out, wand broken, never more to live amongst wizardkind.

JK Rowling: Shadow7

Random House: Akriti

1. Peace

2. nox - dead; RIDed by Harry N2 and revealed as Basilisk

3. Aaryan - dead; lynched D1 and found to be Hermione

4. Anon26 - killed by Baddies

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

7. Chaits

8. Q-Cumber - lynched D2 and found to be Riddle

9. Slick

10. Araver

11. EDM

12. Auramyna

13. Segul

N3 ends 9 PM EST tomorrow. Current time EST: 9:09 PM.

I'm following this closely, and have a few things to say.

1. GOOD JOB GOODIES!!! :D

Now does Ginny have full control of her actions?

and EDM seems to be having Internet troubles or has something important. She hasn't logged on in 2 day (and she hasn't replied to EPYC).

That was a lucky gamble. But being in a Harry Potter Mafia in the faction which is against Harry Potter is ... kinda suicidal :lol:

@Slick - *cough* You just changed from Q to Chaits saying "I'll bet the baddies want to kill Q which may not be good for us.". After Chaits posted something of significance. So, no, I don't think you knew what you were doing when you voted for Q in the first place.

@Shadow - Was this a hint that Riddle's (double) vote was in place:

But by day's end, not even Riddle's control of Ginny could change the outcome.

my guess is .. no matter what Ginny's vote was it has matched that of Q's which was not to vote...

q is : Q HAS been inactive for the couple of days as a player but RIDDLE was not (acting every night) ... so .. did the baddies use up his role .. OR he was just lurking ?

edit: typo

Edited by Yodell

Nevermind, ignore previous post.

My question revolved around Ginny not Riddle, but there's no way that can be considered an info in the day post.

Shadow said earlier that Ginny's vote on even days will match that of Riddle no matter what [ as this was not a voluntary action .. it was a passive ability ] (except when he's dead - initial rule) ... so even if Ginny voted for someone D2 her vote did not count as Q-Cumber did not vote....

I have to admit I voted for Q-cumber just so it would force a tie between 2 players and flush out potentials for Riddle/Ginny ... lucky break :D

@Aura : what's the difference between coin flip and random among the tied in case there are only two persons with the same # of votes ??

Shadow said earlier that Ginny's vote on even days will match that of Riddle no matter what [ as this was not a voluntary action .. it was a passive ability ] (except when he's dead - initial rule) ... so even if Ginny voted for someone D2 her vote did not count as Q-Cumber did not vote....

My question was more convoluted than that, but regardless of the answer, we don't get much information as there were a lot of votes on Q.

Baddies can power play any action inside their BTSC, but (usually) can't powerplay game thread actions such as day votes. Given how the ability is stated, yes, Q did not vote hence no extra vote even if Ginny was somewhere in the bandwagon against Q.

In other line of thinking, partially answering to Chaits.

Right now there are 2 Baddies remaining: one action spy odd nights (Ginny), one vanilla.

We may have all of Colin, Ron and Harry alive (Ron is the only one not confirmed alive).

There are a couple of people who have not publicly claimed anything.

So, it makes sense to coordinate actions somehow using one follow spy (Colin) + one RID Kill (Harry) + one block (Ron) to target different suspects.

What is known (I'm only adding public info atm):

Goodies with a public claim or info from night-post deductions:

1. PEACE - claims Ron

7. Chaits - claims Stone 2

10. Araver - claims Stone 4

11. EDM - Either a goodie or Malfoy, because of N1 post

12. Auramyna - claims Dumbledore

Not claimed / not cleared

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

9. Slick

13. Segul

Dead Baddies

2. nox - Basilisk

8. Q-Cumber - Riddle

Dead Goodies:

3. Aaryan - Hermione

4. Anon26 - Unknown: Ron, Dumbledore, Vanilla Stone

So, from my POV (since I don't know what Colin may know from his N1 / N2 actions):

@Harry - Try to RID Kill EDM as Malfoy, so we can clear her completely.

@Ron - Block Slick if claim was true. Otherwise block Peace to counterclaim her claim (and we'll lynch her)

@Colin - Follow any of Thalia, yoDell and Segul, based on whatever info you already have in N1/N2.

If anyone sees improvements to the above, please say so.

What I forgot to write: Number wise it's 7 vs 2 right now. Very good odds of getting the two remaining.

Some coordination could help covering the ground quicklier so that we can risk a lynch as early as the next day on someone who is not cleared by either of the 3 action goodies.

Would trying to RID kill EDM possibly be a wasted attempt given the odds? Is there anyone you suspect more than EDM? I want to make it clear that this is not a defense attempt. Just a question of probability.

Yeah, it looks like a semi-wasted attempt ... but it would give us a clear goodie. Even if inactive for a couple of days, she could be replaced *shrug*

The other one I suspect most is the one I assigned to be targeted by Ron: Slick.

Where did Aura claim Dumbledore?