BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TheCube

Question

I heard this riddle and heard that if you answer to it right away that you have bizarre tendencies. Ok, here it comes:

A young woman is at her mother's funeral. She meets a young man she has never seen before, but who's there as a part of the family. She instantly falls in love with him. A few days later, she kills her sister. Katy Solver came and when she saw the case, she knew why she killed her sister. Why?

If you answer correctly within 20 minutes of me posting this, you are considered a psychopath.

Good luck!!!

Edited by TheCube

11 answers to this question

She wanted to see the man again, so she kills her sister, hoping that the man will come to another family funeral.

Now, am I gonna be judged by the answer??

The young man was a hit man that had been close to her sister. They orchestrated the death of the mother to obtain an inheritance. The sister was naturally drawn to the young man, thus the young woman in this case would be as well. It was only after finding out the inheritance from the lawyer a few days later that the young woman was able to surmise the sisters sinister plot.

After three minutes of contemplation, I hope I'm not a pyschopath?

I had the same answer as deboriole (got to it before I finished reading the question). In my opinion it's equally valid or better.

The man was her sister's husband. He was 'part of the family' as an in-law. This is a much more likely scenario than the supposed correct answer, considering the fact that crimes of passion (i.e. killing the wife of the man you're in love with) are significantly more common than psychotic killings (i.e. kiling your sister in hopes of attracting a blood relative with whom you're in love to her funeral).

Maybe its her twin sister and she doesnt want the man to mix them up or she kills her to make another funeral to see the man again

I heard this riddle and heard that if you answer to it right away that you have bizarre tendencies. Ok, here it comes:

A young woman is at her mother's funeral. She meets a young man she has never seen before, but who's there as a part of the family. She instantly falls in love with him. A few days later, she kills her sister. Katy Solver came and when she saw the case, she knew why she killed her sister. Why?

If you answer correctly within 20 minutes of me posting this, you are considered a psychopath.

Good luck!!!