BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

gvg

Question

11 answers to this question

Seriously?

Just like one cannot choose the color of their skin, one cannot choose their sexual orientation. WHy should their civil rights be trampled? because a book made by mid-eastern nomads says so? Give me a break. That's absolutely ridiculous.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-4WSgiiYR8

Enough. Civil Rights is Civil Rights. I am not gay, I am fighting for the civil rights of those who are.

Well normally I think this kind of petition is silly I mean what does Cowboys Football have to do with gay rights? But then the thought of a Texan sports team making a gay rights video seemed amusing to me. Still I was on the fence but I gotta say after reading Dej Mar's post I felt I had little choice but to sign.

Dej, since when is it not a right for 2 people to be in love with each other?

Would it not be better to start a petition to make a video that opposes the false belief that it is a right to be gay?

theres a thread for this. if you want to share your opinions (please do - thats what this forum is for), then post there! definitly!

however, ill warn you - many people will rip you apart. just a warning. :P

oh, and i signed. :)

If one is to give science credibility and to recognize man as a cognate being then sexual orientation is a choice, not an inate condition that one can not control. It is also a misnomer to call it a right. It might be a civil law, but it is not righteous. Of course it is not righteous to cause harm to those that are gay/lesbian, but it is not righteous to promote their lifestyle either.

I am tolerant of those who call themselves gay/lesbian, as one who lives in a world of different beliefs. One needs to be either tolerant or at war, and war is seldom (if ever) a good thing. But we need tolerate it at times too. What should be surprising is that I have seldom seen the tolerance of those on the other side of the fence. Why is that? Are they so much in the wrong they themselves are intolerant?

If one is to give science credibility and to recognize man as a cognate being then sexual orientation is a choice, not an inate condition that one can not control.
Assuming you aren't gay, can you remember when you chose not to be? What influenced your decision?

But we need tolerate it at times too. What should be surprising is that I have seldom seen the tolerance of those on the other side of the fence. Why is that? Are they so much in the wrong they themselves are intolerant?
Intolerant of what? Of people saying that they have no right to be the way they are, no right to have a relationship with the person they love?

If so, I see no such intolerance here. I don't see anybody saying you don't have a right to your opinions. People are just pointing out how wrong you are. You still have the right to think whatever you like.

:scratch:

Why are we asking the Cowboys to do this? Is it because their quarterback's name is...nm

Seriously though. There has got to be a better way to get things done than trying to get a Cowboys video made.

If one is to give science credibility and to recognize man as a cognate being then sexual orientation is a choice, not an inate condition that one can not control. It is also a misnomer to call it a right. It might be a civil law, but it is not righteous. Of course it is not righteous to cause harm to those that are gay/lesbian, but it is not righteous to promote their lifestyle either.

I am tolerant of those who call themselves gay/lesbian, as one who lives in a world of different beliefs. One needs to be either tolerant or at war, and war is seldom (if ever) a good thing. But we need tolerate it at times too. What should be surprising is that I have seldom seen the tolerance of those on the other side of the fence. Why is that? Are they so much in the wrong they themselves are intolerant?

Assuming you aren't gay, can you remember when you chose not to be? What influenced your decision?

Intolerant of what? Of people saying that they have no right to be the way they are, no right to have a relationship with the person they love?

If so, I see no such intolerance here. I don't see anybody saying you don't have a right to your opinions. People are just pointing out how wrong you are. You still have the right to think whatever you like.

for the record, i agree with octopuppy.

but again: theres a thread for htis! :)

for the record, i agree with octopuppy.

but again: theres a thread for htis! :)

Providing a link to the thread would be useful, so that he can comment on it. I can guess which one it is, but I'd have to go dig it up... B))