BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

gvg

Question

So, me and my dad decided that we want to do a youtube series (titled above). We'll probably get people we know on the show to debate local, state, and national issues. We are open to suggestions, and we'll probably do a segment at the end of each show answering comments from youtube and here.

We do, nhowever, need to start amassing a list of topics. We'll obviously do some of the bigger one's (healthcare, Lybia), but is there anything else that you can think of that we'll do? And it won't only be politics; we might do religious stuff 9depends). It's just a show to get opinions from people who aren't political analysts, politicians, etc.

So... Comments?

(Note: Whenever we do an episode, we'll link it to this forum. I don't know if it'll be weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc. We still need to figure out the details.)

Edited by gvg

That sounds like a good idea. Personally, me, my friend Charlie, and my girlfriend Alice make up a lot of satire (try watching the Colbert Report or The Daily Show with Jon Stewart) and we have some ideas. We can tell you some, if you like.

ill watch it! :D

and i love watching religous debates... :)

Im not good with ideas, but something to think about is looking at other youtuber-news things. Philip Defranco, for one, has a lot of randomness. however, he also has some good stories, and provides links. if you go back to those sites again and again, you may find some topics. also: westboro baptist church vs. kkk. I dont know why i find it hilarious (ok, i do), but i do. so yeah.

ok: the debate topics:

Topic #1: The government should ban the sale of candy and soda in all schools.

Topic #2: The United States is justified in its use of torture to combat terrorism.

Topic #3: The market is more efficient than regulation in determining fuel efficiency.

Topic #4: Marijuana should be legalized. :)

Topic #5: The death penalty should be abolished.

Topic #6: All illegal immigrants should be deported.

Topic #7: The United States should break its alliance with Pakistan.

Topic #8: The government should provide healthcare for all of its citizens.

also some phillyD news (or what he says is news - i havent read it yet) from today:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/01/fema-to-demand-that-hurri_n_869584.html

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/05/31/presidential-proclamation-lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender-pride-mon

http://tribune.com.pk/story/179484/hrcp-expresses-grave-concern-over-journalists-disappearance/

http://istyosty.com/tmp/cache/be1f992817340ecf4bccb30cfd5e246648a7342b.html

Edited by peace*out

ok: the debate topics:

Topic #1: The government should ban the sale of candy and soda in all schools.

Topic #2: The United States is justified in its use of torture to combat terrorism.

Topic #3: The market is more efficient than regulation in determining fuel efficiency.

Topic #4: Marijuana should be legalized. :)

Topic #5: The death penalty should be abolished.

Topic #6: All illegal immigrants should be deported.

Topic #7: The United States should break its alliance with Pakistan.

Topic #8: The government should provide healthcare for all of its citizens.

Agree with 2,3,4 ( :P ),6,7,8

Disagree with 1 (absolutely),2,5

AAryan: No, I don't care. We'll probably do a segment involving online comments and what not, so I was going to ask for this stuff anyway.

Just for the hell of it:

Agree: 4 (and i'd expand it to most drugs. What you do in private is your business), probably 7 (they are quite suspicious), and absolutely 8

Not so sure about 3... we might need a little of both, maybe a gov. baseline of 30-35 or something and let them go from there...

Disagree: 1, 2, 5, 6 (I say give em working papers. They can stay here, they get taxed, and they are under minimum wage laws)

When i start posting videos, I'll tell Brainden a couple of topics we'll deal with on each successive video.... you guys give your opinions, we select a few comments and include it in our show.

I cannot show my face on the internet without my mom freaking, so I will do text responses. We can say it in this thread, and you can copy it and show it on your video, or repeat it, or whatever.

lol I cant show my face without scaring 90% of the online public :)

I tried to respond yea/nay to your topics but i'm tired and kept getting them mixed up. so be brief, If what you do doesnt harm others (being a jerk isnt harming in and of itself its just being a jerk) then its ok, if it does then not ok.

Edited by Quag

For anyone who wishes to subscribe, my brand new youtube account is thecommonersview

And my blog on blogspot is thecommonersviewtherealamerica.blogspot.com

Thanks everyone, i can't wait till this gets off the ground =)