BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

One Up Me

TheCube

Bad start phrase? gosh, i feel so insignificant...... :(

It was a lot better than I expected....

Of course, as you were the first go, everybody realised that they couldn't beat your reply. Bearing that in mind, you could say about the response that It was a lot better than I expected. :blush:

After trying the nice, try-to-keep-cabinets-intact way, we got out the mallets and started real demo on the wall & ceiling cabinets.

End result: The drywall won't require major repairs, no fires, no major injuries (nails to the shoulder don't count, right?), only one minor case of electrocution (turns out the vent hood wasn't on the same circuit), and a few splinters and split skin instances.

My only real thought when it was done?

It was a lot better than I expected ... Now what's going to go wrong on the rest of the remodel - because I live by Murphy's Law. :P

After trying the nice, try-to-keep-cabinets-intact way, we got out the mallets and started real demo on the wall & ceiling cabinets.

End result: The drywall won't require major repairs, no fires, no major injuries (nails to the shoulder don't count, right?), only one minor case of electrocution (turns out the vent hood wasn't on the same circuit), and a few splinters and split skin instances.

My only real thought when it was done?

It was a lot better than I expected ... Now what's going to go wrong on the rest of the remodel - because I live by Murphy's Law. :P

Thumbed this one up. =P Been doing a lot of remodeling recently.

*guilty of tweaking the startphrase to fit my purposes*

We remember the tragedy that was 9/11. Please join me in a moment of silence to honor those who died on that horrible day.

And just for the record, I'm not trying to be funny, and I don't expect any rep points for this.

My thoughts - and the thoughts of the British people I've spoken to - are with you and for you.

My thoughts - and the thoughts of the British people I've spoken to - are with you and for you.

That'd mean a whole lot more fab, if I didn't happen to know that the only British people you talk to live in your head.

Changing emotions....sorta.... :P

I remember what I forgot....then I forgot what I remembered..... :blink:

*My condolences (a little late) to all Americans.....

**My parents wedding anniversary is on that day....:mellow:

Edited by EDM