BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

One Up Me

TheCube

@t_l However, it hurts people to know that people don't like them. And besides, as artificial said in his What the Forum topic,

I kind of disagree with that quote. If you're going to upvote over a game, you should have the right to downvote over a game.

It's a number. If you don't like that your number is going down, cry yourself to sleep.

Votes should be based on the content of the post and in no way based on who is making the post (although I'm guilty of the latter in some past cases).

Uncool. Is there a way a moderator could see who is doing it?

I have already talked to the member downvoting in this thread. Let me know if you spot such behavior again.

BTW, anybody can downvote, however, if you agree on some game rules then it's a matter of etiquette to respect the game rules (it's not breaking the forum rules).

Enjoy the game ;)

I don't like it when people get downvoted, but others might disagree with me, so what if we say downvoting is allowed except when it causes the votes to go into the negatives?

I've always assumed that downrepping was there to register some sort of disgust with a reply/comment - that it be obnoxious, offensive, insulting - and not because a particular answer/person doesn't meet with your approval. There's something in the Brainden "read this first" section that states that if a puzzle/riddle is not your cup of tea, then let it go and move on to something else. Clearly, that isn't happening in this case. A few of the replies in this thread have been risque, at worst, and generally speaking whoever has posted the reply has acknowledged that (myself included) and more or less said they were expecting some minuses.

As I mentioned before, I was downrepped in the Forum thread and I was quoting someone else's signature. Does that mean I'm being downrepped for picking that signature, or was the person actually downrepping the signature?

:offtopic: I've considered asking y'all about down-repping on this topic after the day's phrase is done - because in a way I don't think it's "fair" to give someone rep points for a game that's only about gaining rep points. (Though I think I'd get yelled at, from what I'm seeing.) But to each their own. Again, I don't care if you want to remove my rep points FROM THIS TOPIC because it's a game. Though I'd be a little miffed if you down-repped one of my riddles or replies elsewhere that wasn't salacious or inappropriate.

Moving on ...

It appears to be a tie between Unicorn Meat & Anti-teamwork. Sorry Bong, but I'm afraid unicorn spam trumps working against each other in this instance.

You're up fabpig! :)

Hogwarts is happy to announce it's new vending machine for magical supplies: the top row is for hats, middle one for spell books and lower one for robes; you can adjust the length of robe with the nob at the top, and can get a magic wand when you press this.

Edited by KlueMaster

second entry in the regular fashion:

...and when you press thissss... wait why it says DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON... why would someone add a self-destruct button on normal dashboard, especially when it is not meant to be used?

My sis tried to 'sell' me her toy in a game...:)

Sis: This toy camel is great!!! It's soft and cushy and cute......and when you press this button which says 'press me'...nothing happens!!! :D

Me: :lol: I'll buy it!!! :D

Living chiefly on cheese, I chose to choose the chewier cheese as chewier cheese doesn't chafe my choosy stomach. read it out loud.

Edited by Bong