BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TheCube

Question

24 answers to this question

Likewise. Never had a problem with FF3, am on FF4 now at work. If you can't see BD on FF, it's user/config error. *Shrug*

I still use Opera at home, if this is turning into a browser war.

FF > Opera > Chrome > Safari > IE

^^

safari should be higher. i agree with IE being last. i used it for year and...ew.

I can't understand why. Safari really can't even match up to Chrome. If anything in my list should change, it might be a Chrome and Opera swap. But I don't even think I'll do that.

ok then. explain why i should switch to chrome. other than the picture editing site that only works on it...but i just use my freinds computer for that.

ok then. explain why i should switch to chrome. other than the picture editing site that only works on it...but i just use my freinds computer for that.

I'm not selling Chrome.

I'm not selling anything.

Do you use apps? Do you choose a browser based on tabs and groupings? Do you customise your browser (beyond appearance)? There are way too many questions that go into choosing a browser. There are services I run using Opera. Browsing I do with Firefox. Paragon, unfortunately, only supports IE so I must use IE for those web applications. I have no need for Safari. Or Chrome. There's nothing I can do in Chrome that I can't do in Firefox (that I want to do). Anything that I've wanted to do that FF doesn't readily support typically has a plug-in. *Shrug* If I ever find anything that I can only do on Safari or Chrome, I'll put them on a computer. Until then....*Shrug*

My 2 cents...

Seems to me that all Browsers have there good and bad points:

Bear in mind that I'm running XP. If there's something I mention that you know how to correct, please say so. Thanx.

IE

Pros: Handles just about anything

Cons: SOOO slow.

Firefox

Pros: Comparatively quick - except

Cons: I've had applications running under Firefox that lost the right hand 1/3 of the page (OK under IE). My iGoogle homepage takes forever to load. Altering Homepage address is not stored from 1 session to the next.

Chrome

Pros: Quickest of the lot. Especially good for google maps

Cons: That minute font! Does not support AHK applications - important to me, as I use them to access websites daily.

Safari

Not much experience, but from what I've seen not as quick as Chrome.

To get round this, I've installed Browser Chooser, which is a dummy front end Web Browser that allows you to select any one of the browsers you have installed.

In Vista and 7 there's the facility to specify URLs to be automatically opened with specific browsers, bypassing the 2nd phase selection. Unfortunately, I can't get that to work in XP. (If anyone knows how, I'd be grateful).