BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Aaryan

Question

• Answers 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The translations for each have already been given, but I tried my hand at each without the Google translator, but using online dictionaries with etymologies:

Üdvözöljük a fordítás játék

Hungarian:

üdvözöl (“greeting”) + -jük (second-person plural tense, indicative mood) a (“the”) fordítás (“translation”) játék (“toy; game”)

English translation:

You are all welcome [to] the translation game.

Este é o galego, un idioma da rama Ibero-Romance Occidental

Galacian:

Este (“This”) é (“is”) o (“the”) galego (“Galician”), un (“a”) idioma (“language”) da (“of the; from [the]”) rama (“branch; field; discipline”) Ibero-Romance Occidental (“[of or pertaining to] western Iberian-Romance”)

English translation:

This is Galacian, a language from the branch of western Iberian-Romance [languages].

Munanki mana munanki, warmimi kanki.

Quechuan:

muna- (“love; want”) (k)anki (“you [are]”) mana (“no; not”) warmi (“spouse”) –mi (“my” <Spanish(?)>)

English translation:

[Whether] you want [or] you do not want, you are my wife.

A allwch ddweud beth mae hyn yn olygu

Welsh:

a (“I go; I am going; I will go; I will be going”) allwch (“you can; you will be/are able”) ddweud (“say; speak; tell”) beth (“what”) mae (“is; there is”) hyn (“this; these”) yn (“in”) olygu(“edit; view; mean”)

English translation:

I am going [to say] that you will be able to tell what this means.

Cred că persoană dinaintea mea este profesor de literatură sau lingvistică.

Romanian:

cred (first-person singular present tense; first-person singular subjunctive; third-person plural present tense “to guess; to believe; to think”) că (“that”) persoană (“person; individual; persona”) dinaintea {“before”) mea (feminine singular “my”) este (“is”) profesor (“professor”) de (“of; from”) literatură (“literature”) sua (“or”) lingvistică (“linquistics”)

English translation:

I believe that person prior is my professor of literature or linguistics.

Perhaps,I believe that person before me (= my[self]) is [a] professor of literature or linguistics.

Judging from Dej Mar translation and yodell objection:I believe that the person before me is a professor of language or literature

Both of you are correct although i thought the phrase in a non formal language .. such as :

'I think the person [that posted] before me is a literature or linguistics teacher.'

@ Dej Mar : Am I correct ? Since YOU were the person that posted before me at that moment :)

@ Anon26 : I think that the next 'host' should be Dej Mar.. he was first in his translation... but it's up to him if he picks up the ball or leaves it to you :)

I am not a linguistics or literature professor. I know bits of many, but I only am somewhat fluent in one -- English. I hope I have the grammer correct:

Lugha ya kigeni moja kutosha!

and translation

lugha means language

-geni adjective

1 strange, extraordinary, new, unusual

2 foreign

ya kigheni - found that syntagm 'lugha ya kigheni' when searched for lugha and meant 'foreign language'

moja - number - one

kutosha infinitive Root -tosha

vya kutosha adverb

1 enough

2 adequately

-tosha verb

1 be enough, be sufficient, suffice

2 be adequate

So I would guess:

One foreign language is enough ?? :)

and translation

lugha means language

-geni adjective

1 strange, extraordinary, new, unusual

2 foreign

ya kigheni - found that syntagm 'lugha ya kigheni' when searched for lugha and meant 'foreign language'

moja - number - one

kutosha infinitive Root -tosha

vya kutosha adverb

1 enough

2 adequately

-tosha verb

1 be enough, be sufficient, suffice

2 be adequate

So I would guess:

One foreign language is enough ?? :)

Translation is correct. :thumbsup:

for the language

your native one: Pakistani ?

:))according to Wikipedia... the official languages of Pakistan are English (go figure) and Urdu (national) :)Aaaand since it is not English .. maybe URDU ? :))

Or u could write English words with Arabic symbols/letters :D