BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

TheCube

Question

There was a homeless man that was looking through the window to a restaurant. He notice a chef making a wonderful smelling soup. When the chef was going to get some pepper for the soup, the homeless guy climbed through the window to smell the wonderful soup. He apparently inhaled for too long because the chef came and found him smelling the soup. He called the cops, and Katy Solver came to the case.

Solver interrogated them. Solver asked why the chef called the police if the begger only smelled the soup. The chef said the smell was through many expensive and fancy spices and ingredients so it must be paid for. Solver was pondering this until she saw a woman drop something from her handbag. Solver smiled and said, "I shall pay for the begger's smell for soup."

However, the chef didn't receive a single penny. What did Solver use to pay for the begger's smell of soup?

12 answers to this question

As the beggar only got a "preview" of the food, the chef should only get a preview of the money. Maybe Solver made the chef listen to some of the beggar's coins impact each other. On a funnier tone, maybe Solver made the chef smell some pennies :D

PS: Excuse me for the weird phrasing, I do not know how to say my answer properly.

As the beggar only got a "preview" of the food, the chef should only get a preview of the money. Maybe Solver made the chef listen to some of the beggar's coins impact each other. On a funnier tone, maybe Solver made the chef smell some pennies :D

PS: Excuse me for the weird phrasing, I do not know how to say my answer properly.

The above seems correct ^^^

Was it perfume? She then would spray it in range of his smell and say he owed the same amount as the homeless guy did.

Edited by Mike R.