9. Anon26

10. Araver

12. Auramyna

13. Segul

Backup

1. Klue

Backup of backup

1. curr3nt

Adding Anon. If you want to remove your name, then let me know. But, I will not let you do so that easily :P^_^

JK Rowling: Shadow7

Random House: Akriti

1. PEACE

2. nox

3. Aaryan

4. Anon26

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

7. EDM

8. Q-Cumber

10. Araver

12. Auramyna

13. Segul

Backup

1. Klue

Backup of backup

1. curr3nt

Fixing list 2 more spots open.

@araver: THANK YOU .. now things are a little more clearer :)..

I'm still a newb where mafia is concerned.. since i have never played before HPY1 ...

aaand .. just noticed your location... I'm from Bucharest :) ...

You're welcome ;)

Actually, the whole explanation will only be needed once you play other Mafias, with other hosts, that favor the "Precedence" system. Otherwise, it may get very confusing ... we had a thread about the order of actions/precedence and what hosts understand by it, and it turns out there are endless variations (and tweaks) each host feels more natural.

B. Figures :). I've lived there for a while (9 and a half years), then moved out.

1. PEACE

2. nox

3. Aaryan

4. Anon26

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

8. Q-Cumber

10. Araver

12. Auramyna

13. Segul

Backup

1. Klue

2. EDM

Backup of backup

1. curr3nt

I'm removing my name from the confirmed list as I'll be out of town....having no internet will hinder this awesome game....:(

*I'm a backup, though....for when I'm back...:)

**Again...really sorry....:(

Edited by EDM

EDM, signups have stalled so you'll probably be back before it starts.

Araver, what did you mean in your reply to mine about nice experienced players by vampires? Also thanks for answering all the questions

Yodell, I chose the simplest way of determining night posts, since this set has a lot of newer players and I'm just starting out hosting. Like Araver said, it's like one type happens at 1200, the next at 1210, and so on. Others get pretty crazy--there's one coming up on another site with time travelers..... This just makes it simpler to know what happens. Not all actions will necessarily show in NPs though. Spies are often not shown, likewise RID guesses (RID kills do show though). We've come up with endless variations, but I'm trying not to throw too much in before I'm ready to host it.

Araver, what did you mean in your reply to mine about nice experienced players by vampires? Also thanks for answering all the questions

:lol: "Vampires" was a tongue in cheek reference to Blade Mafia.

Since you mentioned that some experienced players believe that one can jump into complex Mafia games after at most 1 newbie game or no newbie game at all, I just wanted to say that I (mostly) share that view. Most of the skills required to play Mafia are either already developed (along one's personality development) or not (in which case, no amount of played games will get you past a certain limit, the change must come within. sorta.). Reading and understanding the rules can be done while playing and is greatly improved by asking questions and running scenarios and finding the motives behind other people's moves, etc. Understanding of the game improves after playing more games, but can also be reached (much faster, much easier) in 1-2 complex, very active games along other experienced players.

So, I tagged this "faction" of experienced players that share the above view as "vampires" - since, in a way, they believe "one bite is all it takes". I understand that it looks elitist at first glance, but it's not really.

Being nice to new players has nothing to do with that opinion. Most of us are pretty nice to new players out of the game, and leave all that at the door when playing. I was recently pretty brutal to Q-Cumber in a game because, well, I thought he was a baddie (and he was) and I wanted to get him to reveal his buddies in a way (which he inexplicably did not :lol:). While playing Mafia, I also had to play the mean ogre to other people (e.g. EDM) just to get a shred of info, and some can't really differentiate between in-game tactics and out-of-game nicety. *shrug*

:lol: "Vampires" was a tongue in cheek reference to Blade Mafia.

Since you mentioned that some experienced players believe that one can jump into complex Mafia games after at most 1 newbie game or no newbie game at all, I just wanted to say that I (mostly) share that view. Most of the skills required to play Mafia are either already developed (along one's personality development) or not (in which case, no amount of played games will get you past a certain limit, the change must come within. sorta.). Reading and understanding the rules can be done while playing and is greatly improved by asking questions and running scenarios and finding the motives behind other people's moves, etc. Understanding of the game improves after playing more games, but can also be reached (much faster, much easier) in 1-2 complex, very active games along other experienced players.

So, I tagged this "faction" of experienced players that share the above view as "vampires" - since, in a way, they believe "one bite is all it takes". I understand that it looks elitist at first glance, but it's not really.

Being nice to new players has nothing to do with that opinion. Most of us are pretty nice to new players out of the game, and leave all that at the door when playing. I was recently pretty brutal to Q-Cumber in a game because, well, I thought he was a baddie (and he was) and I wanted to get him to reveal his buddies in a way (which he inexplicably did not :lol:). While playing Mafia, I also had to play the mean ogre to other people (e.g. EDM) just to get a shred of info, and some can't really differentiate between in-game tactics and out-of-game nicety. *shrug*

My meaning was that even playing with the gloves off, you do it in a way that makes it clear it's nothing personal, and that you're actually nice, while some tend to be actually mean.

1. PEACE

2. nox

3. Aaryan

4. Anon26

5. yoDell

6. Thalia

7. Chaits

8. Q-Cumber

10. Araver

12. Auramyna

13. Segul

Backup

1. Klue

2. EDM

Backup of backup

1. curr3nt

Please curr3nt, we need you to sign up as non-backup! I've been waiting for a-a-ages for this game! (Okay, maybe a couple of weeks....but that's a long time for a newfound mafia addict!)

Anyone else reading this, you are welcome to sign up. Go to the link in my signature to see how it is played. It's really fun! And you don't have to know a thing about Harry Potter, or even like him. It's a game of trickery, kind of like murder in the dark but on a forum... or something.

Ever since I've read the first trainer mafia forum I've wondered how could you play Mafia OTHER then on a forum ....

Any of you played outside the computer ?? How do you play it ?

I have no idea about that. I have played only on BD and MM. And both are forum based.