BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Harry Potter Mafia I

prologue

It had been a weird day for harry but a good one. on the hogwarts express he had met a red headed child named ron and a very smart girl named hermione he had almost immediatly become friends ( ron first and hermione later ) but all was not well in hogwarts there were people that wanted harry gone and even those who wanted him dead.

Quirrell was sitting with the rest of the professors in the great hall when he saw the potter boy walk in and be sorted with the rest of the first years, gryffindor no less, and a voice in his mind whispered to him in a weak voice "the boy who lived...... he will not last the year...."

Edited by darth nox

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roles:

Mafia: Wincon=majority, have Night Kill and BTSC

Harry--because of his pure heart, he appears as a randomly chosen vanilla goodie when spied, but because he leads his group, he'll show up as the killer in the night post, regardless of whether he is alive

Ron--more a follower than anything else, he has no extraordinary abilities (vanilla)

Hermione--Incredibly brilliant, she can learn the role of any one player each night (role spy)

Non-Mafia: Wincon=eliminate baddies

Voldemort/Quirrell--Hidden behind the mask of a teacher, he appears as a random vanilla if spied, but being truly the leader of the faction, he has a night kill each night (faction revealed in night post)

Potions--properly reasoned, these potions will allow Harry and his companions to pass safely; thus they are an ineffective opponent(vanilla)

Wizard Chess--physically knocking out opposing players, he keeps a chosen player from acting at night(block)

Charmed Keys--flittering harmlessly around the room, the keys seek merely to avoid Harry and his companions, and thus have no action (vanilla)

Devil's Snare--easily entangling any who come near, he defends himself easily (can't be lynched (role is revealed) )

Fluffy--The adorable giant three-headed dog, he is vulnerable to music, and thus has no night action (vanilla)

Filch--the overzealous caretaker, he can force any student to reveal their identity (role spy)

Neville--a mediocre student, he tries to keep the baddies in their dorm, but lacks the skills to do so effectively (vanilla)

Roster:

Dumbledore: Shadow7

McGonagall: darth nox

1. Psychosmurf

2. Aaryan

3. Thalia

4. Akriti

5. Peace.

6. Q-cumber

7. KlueMaster

8. The son of rage and love

9. Yodell

10.TrUnX

11.Shivam

The game opens with a NIGHT. voting will occur after the night post at 9 EDT Sunday.

Edited by Shadow7

feel free on this forum to plot, and ask me questions on this thread (again questions in red please) and see below

night ends sunday at 9, all actions must be in before 9 edt

Edited by darth nox

Sunday 9PM or 9AM ?

aaaand what time is it now ? :))

for me it's 36 minutes after midnight (12:36 AM, Sunday has just begun)- just wanna get my bearings on time zones :)

6PM Pacific, 7PM Mountain, 8PM Central, 9PM Eastern in the US. If you are outside the US, I don't know what time that would be for you.

To figure out what time 9PM EDT is for your time zone, look up the GMT time for your location. For example, Mumbai, India is GMT + 5:30 (5 hours, 30 minutes after Greenwich Mean Time). Take the number after the GMT and add 4 (9:30 for Mumbai). Add that many hours to 9 PM. That would come out to 6:30AM. If you are west of Greenwich, don't forget the negative sign before the number.

thanks thalia,

just needed to know if we are talking about EDT from US time ... that would make it time of new york i believe ... so i can relate to that .... it's 7 hours behind....

so now what ? it's night ... and no one should be out in the night .... (Hogwarts rules, right ?? if i remember correctly) but our story has not yet come to Hogwarts ... we are still on the train... can't people go get an ice-cream or smth ? :)

If you noticed I did have harry walk into the great hall at the end of the prologue, but basically tonight you just plan your actions and when you have them send them to me on the pm I sent you

If you noticed I did have harry walk into the great hall at the end of the prologue,

sry .. missed that.. so we're already at Hogwarts .. hmmmm ... already sorted, as well..

question:

does any specific player have vote multipliers here or every one has one vote