BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Just Because Day

I wonder how many people will be looking at their clocks waiting for 11:11 on 11/11/11.

Also, true pi day was 3/14/1592

edit: 1593 if rounded :P

Edited by harvey45

Here's one everyone knows: Arbor Day (from the Latin arbor, meaning tree) is a holiday in which individuals and groups are encouraged to plant and care for trees. It originated in Nebraska City, Nebraska, United States during 1872 by J. Sterling Morton. The first Arbor Day was held on April 10, 1872, and an estimated 1 million trees were planted that day.

A day dedicated to trees.

Strangely, today is Lost Sock Memorial Day according to http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/may.htm

The second of November -- this year's Palindrome Day: 11/02/2011

(In some countries it is the eleventh of February!)

Edited by Dej Mar

June 4th - Hug your cat day (That's easily arranged: Here kitty, kitty...*MEOW!*).....:P

May 13th - Frog jumping day (Isn't this where Leap Frog comes from???)....:P

June 3rd - National Doughnut Day (Breaking News: Policemen Change to Pies Due To Doughnut Shortage!!!)...:P

July 12th - I forgot Day (Ha! I celebrate it EVERYDAY!!!)....:P

Feb 19th - Temporary Insanity Day (No wonder I was going insane!)...:P

23rd Feb - Banana bread day (Oh, no! My sister Was Right!)...:P

4th May - Naked Day (Which Idiot Thought Up That One?!)....:P

21st July - Monkey Day (We already have a planet of the apes movie, do you want one on monkeys too?!)...:P

9th August - Send an Email Day (Yeah, like we don't do that every single day of our lives.....chain letters and spam!!!)...:P

27th August - Just Because Day (Oh, so I decided to eat all the food in your fridge 'just because'....be more specific next time!)....:P

*Dates coutesy of 123greetings.com.....comments courtesy of me!

Edited by EDM

Jan 11th - Step in a puddle and Slash your friend Day (Don't forget the 'get beaten up for it' bit...nice!)....:P

September 13th - Positive thinking day (People dying, global warming.....yeah, we NEED to think positive about that!)....:P

September 30th - Ask a stupid question day (Why are you asking me stupid questions?)....:P

October 16th - Boss's Day (Why do you exist?...we DON'T need more fear in our already hard lives.)...:P

10th November - Forget Me Not Day (I won't....unless I hate you! Wait, who are you, again?)....:P

14th November - Pickle Appreciation Day (It's definitely created by the Mayor of Townsville....Where are you PowerPuff Girls???)....:P

21st November - Hello World Day (Hello World! There, done.....Now I'm going back to bed!)...:P

*10th December - My sister's Birthday (Well, she IS funny....so I added her here....plus I check here everyday, so I won't forget it..;):lol:)

**Dates [except for 10th December] are Courtesy of 123greetings.com....With unecessary comments by me! :D

Its The Best Day For All The Person In The World Because All Are The Always love With The mother

And it Is a Persons One Of The Best day through Out the Year Because That Need A First Mother For Every Work.

Oh no! I'm so dumb! :duh:

Jan 11th is Step in a puddle and 'Splash' your friend Day......:lol:

*Don't kill anyone yet!!! :P

haha - step in a puddle and slash your friend day...i acually didnt notice that until you pointed it out!

Its The Best Day For All The Person In The World Because All Are The Always love With The mother

And it Is a Persons One Of The Best day through Out the Year Because That Need A First Mother For Every Work.

happy belated mothers day to all the mothers! :D

um...binary day? 10/10/10?

Yeah, my son was born 01/12/11. I was really pushing (though obviously my wife wasn't :P) for a 10th or 11th delivery date for that very reason.

Edited by maurice