BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Newbie Mafia

Hirkala

From the little I have read about Mafia it is a very interesting game and I would love to sign up!

But this is my first time and I have absolutely NO IDEA how to play it :(

Please :help:!

Edited by SMV

Host: MiKi and Nana7

1. Flamebride

2. TheChad

3. SMV

4. mew

Mentors:

Backups:

1. smoth333

SMV, we can get you a mentor who will help you during the game and give you advice. When I first began, I found it helpful to read through some past game threads, to get an idea of the dynamics and how the game proceeds. Even still, I was awful in my first few games, but it was still fun. Hopefully I have improved some since then. Bottom line, if you are a goodie, you are going to suspect everyone, and need to try to figure out who is bad and who is not. If you are baddie, you'll need to try to avoid suspicion. Everyone has their own style and ways of accomplishing that, you will figure out what works best for you over time.

Can dragon trade rid kill for immunity more than once? Yes.

Can dragon switch back? Dragon decides each night which to take, immunity or rid kill.

What happens if dragon is spied? Still under development. Failed action would still out the dragon so...we'll let you know before game starts.

Why do bads have a trap? That might change. Roles are not set in stone just yet.

look at this, it helped me alot. also, read through old mafias, especially the newbie ones.

SMV, we can get you a mentor who will help you during the game and give you advice. When I first began, I found it helpful to read through some past game threads, to get an idea of the dynamics and how the game proceeds. Even still, I was awful in my first few games, but it was still fun. Hopefully I have improved some since then. Bottom line, if you are a goodie, you are going to suspect everyone, and need to try to figure out who is bad and who is not. If you are baddie, you'll need to try to avoid suspicion. Everyone has their own style and ways of accomplishing that, you will figure out what works best for you over time.

Thanks a lot for your advice!!! And just to get this clear, for the goodies/baddies BTSC I refer to the goodies/baddies sub forum and for the general mafia threads I look at the topics in the games forum, right? And can anyone suggest any good previous newbie mafias to read?

@SMV No, if you're a baddie, you get a PM BTSC. Goodies don't have BTSC this game. And yes, you check the games forum for the thread. I'll probably post the link here when the actual thread goes up.

@Nana Ok, for the baddies, instead of the sized, how about a troll-redirect? Sorry, I want the actions to kinda fit the characters. And I don't wNtthewitch and wizard to be the same.

Miki, let's discuss game changes and ideas in pm. :)

SMV, the goodie/baddie subform you see were used long ago and are not used any longer. Once the roster is full of players, we'll post on this thread that a new thread is being made for the thread, and that roles are being sent to all players (via pm). And we'll say the date and time that the first night in the game will end, which is the deadline for all night actions to be pm'd to us.

Here are the last few TMM, IX down to VI, each pretty good, though VI is a pretty good example of when things go wrong.

1. Flamebride

2. TheChad

3. SMV

4. mew

Mentors:

1. Auramyna

2. Thalia

Backups:

1. smoth333

we still need 6 players and some more backups, anybody who is interested is welcome to join, experienced players too!

I would hope this mafia is already finished by then with sign ups for the next one. It has already been some time since sign ups began and I am thinking we need to do more to get players so it can start already, hopefully this week. Sign ups should not take more than a week or two (preferably not two), to make sure it begins timely and that all who signed up can still play. Mafia sign ups have been slow, and maybe the US holidays recently slowed things a bit. But lets speed it back up. :)

1. Flamebride

2. TheChad

3. SMV

4. mew

5. Roy-chan (hotterthnfire)

Mentors:

1. Auramyna

2. Thalia

Backups:

1. smoth333

@Nana MissSmittenKitten is Roy-chan's nickname for me. :) Just FYI, in case he does that during the game.

@Roy-chan Now who's the obsessed one, huh? :huh::P