BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Newbie Mafia

Hirkala

Also, we still need backups and mentors, so anybody interested in those positions please sign up! Tol might be unavailable, which would leave us with just 1 backup.

And for anybody who has not read the newbie guide to mafia yet, please do so, it is very helpful!

Host: Miki and Nana7

1. Flamebride

2. TheChad

3. SMV

4. mew

5. Roy-Chan(hotthnfire)

6. Ravyn

7. Fat Tony

8. Hidden G

9. Slick

10. marhart14

Mentors:

1. Auramyna

2. Thalia

Backups:

1. smoth333

2. tolecnal?

3. mboon

Well since it won't start until after finals then I'll be back up :)

Edited by mboon

Okay, I'll see. Also, I can't count, so one extra person signed up [only 9 roles.] Therefore, since slick was the most experienced, I kicked hi off. I'll see if he wants to mentor Ravyn. I'll also ask Shad and Aki.

I would rather be a player but, if it depends on getting this off the ground, then I can mentor someone. Is that via pm only b/c I never did that before?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, might as well.It'll give me some experience. What's the theme this time?

If I can get the factions balanced, it will be based on The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe from The Chronicles of Narnia. ( :duh: Now I remember what I was looking for). Hmm. This will be my first time hosting so I don't think we could host together this time. Unless someone is willing to supervise to make sure we don't screw up really badly. Anyone?

Edited by Thalia

This is my draft. My reasons for picking actions are in parentheses. If they're not, it just seemed right when I was typing. I'd appreciate any suggestions/advice anyone has on balance and roles.

Goodies- WinCon: Eliminate Baddies

Lucy Pevensie- save (Lucy's cordial)

Edmund Pevensie- block (good with sword), can’t be lynched

Susan Pevensie- redirect (just struck me as the role that fit her best that wasn't taken)

Peter Pevensie- RID kill (oldest Pevensie)

Aslan- will die in Edmund's place (death on the Stone Table), knows Edmund

Tumnus- vote manip

The Beavers- role spy

Baddies (Have BTSC and Night Kill)- WinCon: Majority

The White Witch NK carrier (in charge)

Ginnarbrick redirect

Maugrim Block (chief of White Witch's Secret Police)

Nice theme Thalia :D

i ought to prefer a 3 baddies game with higher number of people since 2 baddies is a little number which will affect the game if one of them dies,but maybe we can use it in here since we want fast sign ups ,right

i wanted to try to co host a TMM but we're both not experienced in hosting so i can't :( and there's no time for me now

Host: Miki and Nana7

1. Flamebride

2. TheChad

3. SMV

4. mew

5. Roy-Chan(hotthnfire)

6. Ravyn

7. Fat Tony

8. Hidden G

9. Slick

10. marhart14

Mentors:

1. Auramyna

2. Thalia

3. Slick

Backups:

1. smoth333

2. tolecnal?

3. mboon

I suppose I will available. I'll pm if not. Hope to have someone who will undoubtedly be active. :D

Nice theme Thalia :D

i ought to prefer a 3 baddies game with higher number of people since 2 baddies is a little number which will affect the game if one of them dies,but maybe we can use it in here since we want fast sign ups ,right

i wanted to try to co host a TMM but we're both not experienced in hosting so i can't :( and there's no time for me now

If we get signups mostly filled and the last one or two are taking a long time, I might cut a role. We'll see how it goes.

That's a great theme! :thumbsup:

But I think that considering that Aslan is some sort of supreme being in that world his ability seems limited.

Yeah. That's true. I might add something for him. According to the page I was using to check balance, the Baddies are slightly better off.

Who's ginnarbrick, again? And yeah, that seems great! I'm not very good with balance, though, you might want to check with someone else for that.... :unsure:

Ginnarbrick isn't named in the book. He's only named in the movie. I was having a little trouble coming up with a third Baddie so. . . See Hidden G's post for picture.

@All- Thanks for your input/feedback (now I remember the word!). I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet. I forgot to put an OOA. I'm not sure where to put the redirects.

OOA: RID Kill>>Block>>Block>> Save>>NK>>Spy

Blocks will appear in the NP with targets. Redirects will not appear and neither will spy targets.Still debating whether or not to tell targets if they were redirected. Any input/feedback on this or anything else?

Edited by Thalia

Revised draft.

Goodies (WinCon: Eliminate Baddies)

Lucy Pevensie- Can use her cordial once each night to heal one person. (save)

Edmund Pevensie- Good at sword fighting, can use his sword to keep someone occupied for the night. (block) Cannot be lynched.

Susan Pevensie- Once each night, can persuade a person to change their target. (redirect)

Peter Pevensie- The oldest of his siblings, can kill one person each night if he correctly identifies the role (RID kill)

Aslan- The Great Lion and creator of Narnia. Can add one paragraph to the night or day post each cycle. Knows Edmund and will

give his life for him if targeted for NK. (broadcast, knows Edmund, bodyguard)

Tumnus- Each day, can change one person’s vote. (vote manip)

The Beavers- Can determine one person’s role each night. (spy)

Baddies- Have BTSC and Night Kill (WinCon: Majority)

The White Witch- Queen of Narnia at the moment. Can kill one person each night. (NK carrier)

Ginnarbrick- Personal servant to the White Witch. Can change one person’s target each night. (redirect)

Maugrim- Wolf, chief of the White Witch’s secret police. Can block one person each night. (block)

OOA/OOP (I don't know anymore): RID Kill>> Redirect>Redirect>Block>Block>>Save>>NK>> Spy

1. Redirects and blocks are OOP.
  2. The NK will succeed unless the carrier is killed or the target is saved. It cannot be blocked or redirected.
  3. In the event that the White Witch dies, the NK will pass to Maugrim, then Ginarrbrik.
  4. If Edmund is targeted for the NK, Aslan will die in his place and Aslan's role will be revealed. Edmund cannot die in the next cycle.

TMM XI signups- Please include your time zone with your name (unless it's listed under your location in which case I will figure it out or you have told me before in which case I will hopefully remember) and I will attempt to avoid cycles that end at 4 AM. ;)

Hosts: Thalia and flamebirde? with MiKi supervising? (Any objections?)

Players:

Backups:

Mentors:

1. Slick?

Edited by Thalia