BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Newbie Mafia

Hirkala

@Thalia Can I join the list? :lol:

Some people *cough* curr and mo and MiKi especially *cough* love mind games before N1 ends. I wouldn't take anything they say about roles and BTSC seriously until the game thread shows up. :D

Sure! :P *Suggests that mentee disposes of you before you play anymore mind games.*

K, I kinda sorta have an idea for TMM-X that I would be willing to cohost with someone. It's called Fairytale Mafia, with basically roles out of fairytales, i.e. Prince, Princess, Ogre, Dragon, etc. If you guys want, I can post it tomorrow. [Too late for me right now, school starts at an unearthly time... I'll become a zombie looooong before the zombie apocalypse!]

K, this is my idea for Fairy Tale Mafia. And sorry, I can't access colors.

Goodies-

Princess: She is always being trapped in a tower of some sort, and this gets lonely, so she uses her charm and beauty t ensnare anyone she sees into spending the night talking to her. (block)

Prince: Always a hero, the prince is constantly trying to rescue the princess. (save)

Unicorn: A very independent creature but loyal to the princess, the unicorn gets ticked off easily and is prone to running things through with his horn. ([RID?] kill)

Witch: Trying to make up for her evil husband, the witch can use her spells to confuse the princess's enemies. (redirect)

Fairy: Full of magic as she is, the fairy can transform herself into whosoever she chooses. (role copy)

Sparrow: The sparrow is the princess's very best friend and tells her everything. With his amazing ability to fly high above the world, the sparrow can see everything. (role spy)

Baddies- Have NK and BTSC

Wizard: He has turned to the dark side and uses his cauldron to keep his enemies from acting. (block)

Ogre: The princess will make a tasty treat, so the ogre has trapped her in a tower for later. He has extra towers at his disposal for anyone else who displeases him. (trap)

Indy?-

Dragon: Haven't quite decided. He can also be another baddie, or have a secret ability and wincon as an Indy. IDK, though.

Wincons for both goodies and baddies: be in majority

Any thoughts?

Wincons for both goodies and baddies: be in majority

Any thoughts?

Umm. Don't the goodies start in majority?

Also, if the dragon is a baddie, that would make it 6 on 3. Do you think that is a little too in favor of the baddies? Especially if the unicorn happens to be trigger happy and accidently kills a goodie? (A risk in any game but maybe more costly here.)

Edited by Thalia

@Thalia :duh: I knew that... K, wincon for goodies is eliminate the baddies and Indy. And yeah, that's why I was making the dragon an Indy. I kinda have a role idea for him, and his wincon would basically be to eliminate certain people or something like that, and not quite secret. He would have a secret ability, though.

Sparrow: The sparrow is the princess's very best friend and tells her everything. With his amazing ability to fly high above the world, the sparrow can see everything. (role spy)

the spying bird is mostly a baddie thing (mostly in disney movies: Iago, Maleficent's raven...etc) but it works

here's a list of creatures suitable for this situation

mermaids/men, gargoyles, griffin

list of humanoid characters:

captain of the guards, guard, elves, dwarf, sprites, gnomes,a fortune teller with a crystal ball

some ideas for roles:

captain of guards/guards: their impenetrable shields can block anything

dwarf: known for it's ability of building. Can build and lay traps

fortune teller: can watch the action performed by another player

elves: keen senses....so what?.... I don't know

use what you want

Yeah, but a lot of princesses have animal friends. I felt like the sparrow would be the best for a princess stuck in a tower since this is a general fairy tale mafia, not a specific one.

How about a magical blue bird?

As TMM-IX has finished, I thought I'd go ahead and post signups for TMM-X. I assume no one has any issues with me hosting this one? And if at all possible, I would appreciate a co-host, if anyone is willing.

The princess sighed and leaned forward to look out the window. She had somehow been trapped again by the ogre. She was stuck in a high tower with no stairs, no doors, nothing, waiting and waiting for a prince to come save her. She started rebraiding her long hair to waste time, but stopped when she saw her friend the sparrow flying towards her. He alighted on her outstretched finger and chirped. "Well, hello there!" she said cheerfully. "And how was your day?"

~~~~~

The unicorn trotted through the trees surrounding the tower, protecting the princess from the evil wizard who was sure to come and try and win her hand. Though he answered to no one but himself, the princess had saved his life once when her father, the king, was hunting him. He would forever be in her debt, and tried to pay some of this off by returning the favor and protecting her.

~~~~~

The witch looked into her cauldron, sighing as she saw her husband up to no good again. Using her mystical powers, she put a spell on him that would block his magic for a few days. She then got up and started to create some potions, all the while waiting for her good friend, the fairy. As the fairy flew in, the witch got out a potion for her. "Here, it's that shape=shifting potion you wanted," she said, and turned back to her work.

~~~~~

The dragon was curled in his cave, biding his time. He was getting old, and wanted to feel the thrill of raiding once more before his death. Making a decision, he struggled to his feet, then flew out of the cave, looking for some tasty-looking victims.

Goodies- [WINCON=Kill the Indy and the Baddies]

Princess: She is always being trapped in a tower of some sort, and this gets lonely, so she uses her charm and beauty to ensnare anyone she sees into spending the night talking to her. (block)

Prince: Always a hero, the prince is constantly trying to rescue the princess. (save)

Unicorn: A very independent creature but loyal to the princess, the unicorn gets ticked off easily and is prone to running things through with his horn. (kill)

Witch: Trying to make up for her evil husband, the witch can use her to confuse the princess's enemies. (redirect)

Fairy: Full of magic as she is, the fairy can transform herself into whosoever she chooses. (role copy)

Baddies- Have NK and BTSC [WINCON=Be in the majority]

Wizard: He has turned to the dark side and uses his to keep his enemies from acting. (block)

Ogre: The princess will make a tasty treat, so the ogre has trapped her in a tower for later. He has extra towers at his disposal for anyone else who displeases him. (trap)

Indy- Has a secret ability in addition to his obvious one [WINCON=Kill the Prince, Princess, Unicorn, and Wizard]

Dragon: The dragon is getting closer and closer to death, and wants to feel the thrill of the kill one more time. (kill)

Host: MiKi [and possible cohost?]

Let the signups commence!

The princess sighed and leaned forward to look out the window. She had somehow been trapped again by the ogre. She was stuck in a high tower with no stairs, no doors, nothing, waiting and waiting for a prince to come save her. She started rebraiding her long hair to waste time, but stopped when she saw her friend the sparrow flying towards her. He alighted on her outstretched finger and chirped. "Well, hello there!" she said cheerfully. "And how was your day?"

~~~~~

The unicorn trotted through the trees surrounding the tower, protecting the princess from the evil wizard who was sure to come and try and win her hand. Though he answered to no one but himself, the princess had saved his life once when her father, the king, was hunting him. He would forever be in her debt, and tried to pay some of this off by returning the favor and protecting her.

~~~~~

The witch looked into her cauldron, sighing as she saw her husband up to no good again. Using her mystical powers, she put a spell on him that would block his magic for a few days. She then got up and started to create some potions, all the while waiting for her good friend, the fairy. As the fairy flew in, the witch got out a potion for her. "Here, it's that shape=shifting potion you wanted," she said, and turned back to her work.

~~~~~

The dragon was curled in his cave, biding his time. He was getting old, and wanted to feel the thrill of raiding once more before his death. Making a decision, he struggled to his feet, then flew out of the cave, looking for some tasty-looking victims.

Goodies- [WINCON=Kill the Indy and the Baddies]

Princess: She is always being trapped in a tower of some sort, and this gets lonely, so she uses her charm and beauty to ensnare anyone she sees into spending the night talking to her. (block)

Unicorn: A very independent creature but loyal to the princess, the unicorn gets ticked off easily and is prone to running things through with his horn. (kill)

Witch: Trying to make up for her evil husband, the witch can use her to confuse the princess's enemies. (redirect)

Baddies- Have NK and BTSC [WINCON=Be in the majority]

Wizard: He has turned to the dark side and uses his to keep his enemies from acting. (block)

Indy- [WINCON=Bring about the deaths of the Prince, Princess, Unicorn, and Wizard. Doesn't have to be the one to kill them, they just have to die. WINCON can still be achieved after death. If he wins, the mafia will continue until either the baddies or goodies have won for second place.]

Dragon: The dragon is getting closer and closer to death, and wants to feel the thrill of the kill one more time. However, he can feel his creaky bones, and if he feels like there's danger in the air, he will give up the thrill in order for the prtection of his cave. (RID kill; can trade this kill for immunity against any and all actions whenever he so chooses. Will protect him only for the night, and can still be lynched.)

A few changes to the dragon. Make sure you note them. Nana, can you look them over and make sure they're okay? Thanks!