BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Newbie Mafia

Hirkala

"sometimes tell you the odds against specific act, if you request"

Can you clarify what that means? I do not understand. As for rules, I understand the basics but have noticed some games have more advanced options not mentioned in the newbie guide. What a mentor help with that? Though this being a newbie game, I doubt we'll have those advanced options anyway. Which I like, still being new to it.

"sometimes tell you the odds against specific act, if you request"

Can you clarify what that means? I do not understand. As for rules, I understand the basics but have noticed some games have more advanced options not mentioned in the newbie guide. What a mentor help with that? Though this being a newbie game, I doubt we'll have those advanced options anyway. Which I like, still being new to it.

Regarding Anon's statement (since I was his mentor in the game he mentioned):

If a player comes up with an idea ... e.g. "I'm a vanilla. How about I hint at being the Doctor so that the baddies kill me instead of the Doctor? Would that help?".

Then the Mentor tries to weigh in with some statements without actually making a decision ... e.g.:

"If you do that:

The upside - baddies may be tempted to try to kill you IF the Doctor is unable to save yourself as stated in the rules.

The downside is that the Doctor might think that you are Baddie claiming your role and vote for you, or even get active and try to lead a lynch against you.

If you do that early in the game, say N1, there's a bigger chance of taking the hit instead of the Doctor. But if you do that later in the game, the Doctor may be already dead". Etc.

So not really assigning odds - just being helpful with identifying and setting aside the Pros and Cons of doing something / Someone to bounce ideas with / Someone who could tell you what is more likely out of two things, what is equal likely, what is unheard of - borderline impossible, etc.

Edited by araver

Hosts: Molly Mae && Anon26

1. Petrus

2. tolecnal

3. Nana7

4. TheCube

5. mboon

6. Slick

7. Zweefer

8. km1

9. Bong

A. Artificial

Backup:

1. Hidden G

2. Aaryan

3. Auramyna

Mentors:

1. Auramyna

2. Akriti

3. Shadow7

4. Thalia

5. KlueMaster (though my own mafia record is not worth mentioning)

6. Araver

I've got a slightly themed newbie mafia in the works, Harry Potter Year 1 mafia, if anyone wants to play in that one.

Newbie Mafia Signups

1. The son of rage and love

2. Psychosmurf

3. Akriti

4. bshah

Well, I have already created sign-up thread for Sholay. Can be treated as a TMM.

Oh. Typically, TMM sign-ups go in this thread and Hirk isn't allowed to play in them. =P

But if we're counting it as TMM-V, I'll change the game Anon and I are hosting to TMM-VI.

No, your game should be counted as TMM-V

mine will start only after yours has completed D1 at least. Also, I have already given mine a theme, and I don't know whether that is ok for a TMM or not...

No, your game should be counted as TMM-V

mine will start only after yours has completed D1 at least. Also, I have already given mine a theme, and I don't know whether that is ok for a TMM or not...

Oh, right. We are going before you. =P

I've confused myself! Haha.

We have a theme for ours, so don't worry about that. OP is almost done, just need a decided cycle end time.

Hey rasar,

You are a bit too late for the TMMV. (Trainer Manual Mafia)

but you can still be a backup. that is, if someone is inactive, you take his place.

As roles havent been given out, and there has been a large gap between signups and making the game thread, there are high chances of inactivity. You might be prefered as this is your first Mafia. Once you are playing, you will have a mentor. So no worries..

1. Petrus

2. tolecnal

3. Nana7

4. TheCube

5. mboon

6. Slick

7. Zweefer

8. km1

9. Bong

A. Artificial

Backup:

1. Hidden G

2. Aaryan

3. Medji

Mentors:

1. Auramyna

2. Akriti

3. Shadow7

4. Thalia

Adding Medji as a Backup..

Oops.. Forgot to remove the quotes in the above one..

Adding rasar619 on his consent, in the backup..

1. Petrus

2. tolecnal

3. Nana7

4. TheCube

5. mboon

6. Slick

7. Zweefer

8. km1

9. Bong

A. Artificial

Backup:

1. Hidden G

2. Aaryan

3. Medji

4. rasar619

Mentors:

1. Auramyna

2. Akriti

3. Shadow7

4. Thalia

6. Araver