BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

This guy collects cigarette buds. For every 7 buds he can make one full cigarette (don't ask me how or why he would want to).

He manages to collect 49 buds. How many cigarettes can he make with these buds.

He makes 7 out of the 49 buds. Smokes those 7 and gets 7 more buds. He then brings one more which brings the total of cigarettes made to 8.

6 answers to this question

I believe this has been posted before.

A hint about "Hints" - Hints are not meant to give the entire answer. This was a fairly easy one to figure out. Let folks figure it out. Then if they can't figure out the answer, post a "Hint", or post the actual answer.

I won't bother leaving the simple answer since you already left it. ;)

Infinite. He could plant his cigarette buds (I assume by 'bud' you mean the early formation of a bush/flower) and grow his own cigarettes fresh from the earth

;) However, if collecting cigarette butts, he could smoke 8.

Infinite. He could plant his cigarette buds (I assume by 'bud' you mean the early formation of a bush/flower) and grow his own cigarettes fresh from the earth

;) However, if collecting cigarette butts, he could smoke 8.

If you like smoking but, it's all good man.

:)

I just figured it's easier to leave the answer for the guys who don't want to wait until I log on again.

That's a whole other debate. The point is, don't leave the answer in a spoiler labeled "Hint". You may have disappointed people. Just my two cents. Please do post more puzzles though. :thumbsup: