BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Aaryan

Question

Originally this was going to be about my "ever noticed", but it seems fun to broaden it.

Ever noticed how you come to associate profile pics with the person? I.e I associate Wolfgang with whoever is in his picture (just an example, wolf ;) )

Your Ever noticed Can be funny, or just an observation like mine.

Note: this has probably been done before. Oh well.

21 answers to this question

Totally agree with your observations Aaryan. When I see Wolfgang's avatar, I think of somebody incredibly intelligent, yet completely gentle (I think it's a caricature of Albert Einstein, btw) - there is no way you could get annoyed with this guy. When I first saw Maurice's avatar ( now signature picture), thought of him as Mr T - and especially this advert -

heh heh - and substituted the Snickers bar for a board eraser he was throwing at his students.......now I know he's just a pussycat. Superprismatic's looks a bit futuristic, yet intelligent. K-man's and DudleyDude's look very simplistic - but they want you to be their friends, by the very fact that they're almost child-like (the avatars, not them personally!). I'm sure others can come up with other examples.

Now that I think of it, I need to replace creepy silhouette guy (I can barely spell his name), yet now I'm thinking of not changing to my stupid silly rubber duck picture... ahh I'll do it... yet I've already set an impression on you two. Indecisive perhaps? Why? I don't know, I'm indecisive. Now I seem very odd. Now I'm just over thinking it... I'll shut up.

I always think you've gotta be fab, fabby! ;) How could you not be, with such a spectacular name & avatar? :lol:

I always notice when people say "nuke-ular" instead of "nuclear". Thanks to the Simpsons, there are a *lot* of people who think that's the correct pronunciation.

(My DH is one. GWBush is another. I don't like the association ...)

I always think you've gotta be fab, fabby! ;) How could you not be, with such a spectacular name & avatar? :lol:

I always notice when people say "nuke-ular" instead of "nuclear". Thanks to the Simpsons, there are a *lot* of people who think that's the correct pronunciation.

(My DH is one. GWBush is another. I don't like the association ...)

WOW, thanks!

I'm guessing that people don't realise they're mispronouncing. I remember listening to a radio show about nuclear power and the DJ pronounced it "nukular". One lady emailed in to complain about his mispronunciation and he read it out: "The word is 'nukular', not 'nukular', as you're pronouncing it!" (Spells it out) "'N-U-C-L-E-A-R', - 'nukular'".

yeah, the thing about me is I usually have my pic as my avatar...

and i believe that fab pig is fab. :P

Hey, sorry - missed you out, peacey (this goes back to the nicknames thing - if you've a monosyllabyllic name, people add 'y' or 'ie' to your name to make it more nicknamey.) Yes I know Peace*out isn't, but everybody calls you 'peace'.

Now and again, I think I'm fab as well. Thankyou.

And a very nice picture it is, too (yours I mean).

Edited by fabpig

Hey, sorry - missed you out, peacey (this goes back to the nicknames thing - if you've a monosyllabyllic name, people add 'y' or 'ie' to your name to make it more nicknamey.) Yes I know Peace*out isn't, but everybody calls you 'peace'.

I know what you mean I am cubie according to peacey. lawl (<-- That's how I avoid drowning people.)

Has anyone ever noticed that I use a lot of Smileys? (:lol: I know you do!!! :lol::D)

:D :D :D

*Also, have you guys noticed that many people don't actually 'LOL' when they type LOL....they just stare at the screen like zombies....:D

Edited by EDM

awwww, i like it. :) i didnt see this till now - thanks for replying to it cubie! :D

and now and again really doesnt describe how much your awesomeness is prevalent.

Has anyone ever noticed that I use a lot of Smileys? (:lol: I know you do!!! :lol::D)

:D :D :D

*Also, have you guys noticed that many people don't actually 'LOL' when they type LOL....they just stare at the screen like zombies....:D

that and haha. i am almost never laughing when i say that. it just makes things less...awkward, i guess? If im cracking up ill say i acually laughed out loud, but if i say "ha" i just write haha.

sorry...opp topic i know *hangs head in shame*

It's cool, peace...I know I actually LOL when I type LOL, but I never actually roll on the floor when I type ROFL....I'm usually close to losing my breath, there....:P

When it's LMAO....well, that's when It's hard to breathe.....;):lol::D

I just don't understand the pic. It looks like someone chopped the man's nick and arms and somehow stood them up.

yeah. its supposed to look like a drowning man, but it looks like "lol"

so it says: If you see someone drowning, LAUGH OUT LOUD

[then] call 911