BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

UN Mafia II

araver

I haven't gone back to find his statement but if he just claimed to be unsuccessful, what makes you think he is Germany? He could have been unsuccessful as a killer. If he is Germany and his goal is to either save someone or block the night kill, why would he have been unsuccessful? No one was killed the first night. I'm not saying he is a baddie but I'm not convinced that he is Germany either.

Yes, he could be a baddie. But no one has countered that he isn't Germany.

"Night-post will show only successful actions. Spies will not be shown (just hinted at)."

1. No unsuccessful action is shown.

RID Kill, Saves/guess NK carrier are shown if successful.

Spies and Message send/intercept are not shown, even if successful.

2. For Iran, the following actions: block (1), Kill (2), RID Kill (4), Redirect (5), only if successful, will be shown in the post.

No unsuccessful action is shown.

Goodie (still alive) actions N1

USA Unsuccessful

Israel Successful

Russia unknown - Guess it could be unsuccessful if he tried to spy Solman or Molly... Not much of a hint though so why use it as a hint?

Germany Unsuccessful - Not in night post

England - No Action

Spain same as Russia

For it to be any use as a hint he would have to be claiming USA or Germany.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hooded Figure: Araver

1. Molly Mae

2. Hirkala - arrested by Sweden - cannot vote or be voted during D2.

3. maurice - voting for curr3nt

4. Thalia

5. curr3nt - voting for maurice

6. Framm - Killed by the Secret Alliance

7. Shadow7 - voting for maurice

8. solman - voting for Molly Mae

9. golfjunkie

10. Marq- Voting forCurr3nt

11. Vineetrika - Lynched and found to be Australia

Sol, direct questions aren't very effective in gaining information. Honestly, it really rubs me the wrong way, and even though everyone seems to be gunning for me, I'd rather not show my hand.

I'm stuck here for a bit; I know of at least 2 who can leave next cycle if they want to, but I can't leave yet, much as I wish I could. There's good reason to suspect that at least some of the baddies can leave, but I really don't know. My actions thus far have failed, due to poor luck on my part or insufficient logicking, I'm not sure which.

I really have no clue who I ought to vote for, but for right now, I'm thinking mo is an okay target; curr has a majority on him, and there's plenty of time to change to him if I'm convinced, but yeah, since people seem to be getting suspicious of his Russia claim (which I'm still not sure I noticed....) I'll go ahead and pressure him, despite my lack of certainty.

EDIT: forgot to put in my vote :blush:

Edited by Shadow7

Is there a reason that Germany would want to keep quiet? When I was reading the post, I got the impression that he was talking about his unsuccessful action to counter us calling him inactive. The thing that keeps bugging me is wouldn't someone have to die for him to be unsuccessful as Germany? Either he would fail to save someone or he would incorrectly guess the killer.

Recap

Me claiming Sweden

Hirkala claiming USA - Hints D1

Golf claiming Germany - Hint D1

Solman claiming Spain - Hints D2 - Supported goodie by Indy

Thalia claiming England - Hint D1 info give D2

Marq claiming Russia - Hints D2 from Thalia

Vine is Australia

Framm possible Israel unless baddies are killing themself

Molly suspected of being Argentina - Hint from Hirkala and me with support from Solman

Maurice - Unknown

Shadow - Unknown

Any modifications anyone wish to make?

Is there a reason that Germany would want to keep quiet? When I was reading the post, I got the impression that he was talking about his unsuccessful action to counter us calling him inactive. The thing that keeps bugging me is wouldn't someone have to die for him to be unsuccessful as Germany? Either he would fail to save someone or he would incorrectly guess the killer.

He either targets someone to save or guesses the carrier of the NK. If the save target isn't attacked then his save was useless so it is unsuccessful. If he doesn't guess the NK carrier then his guess was wrong so it is unsuccessful. Germany doesn't get credit unless his actions actually counter a kill/NK.

I'm stuck here for a bit; I know of at least 2 who can leave next cycle if they want to, but I can't leave yet, much as I wish I could. There's good reason to suspect that at least some of the baddies can leave, but I really don't know. My actions thus far have failed, due to poor luck on my part or insufficient logicking, I'm not sure which.

You *know* of at least two that can leave? Let's go through wincons.

Sweden - You can't know it

USA - Can't leave

Russia - You can't know if they can leave unless you are Russia

Germany - Can't leave

England - Can leave

Australia - Dead

Spain - You get a message twice if not then you can't know

Israel - You would have to know who Iran is

China - Can't leave

Argentina - No one was voting for Thalia at the end of D1 and you can't know spying done if goodie

Iran - Only if you know Framm was Israel

I guess I'm trying to figure out why no one was killed on N1.

If the NK was directed to Solman or Molly that would prevent it.

edit - also if Molly was carrying the NK that would have prevented it too.

Edited by curr3nt

If the NK was directed to Solman or Molly that would prevent it.

edit - also if Molly was carrying the NK that would have prevented it too.

If Molly was the target, that would seem to throw your theory of Molly being Argentina out the window. Have to go. Might not get a chance to vote.

:blush: misread, forgot that sol was trapped N1; I was gambling that he'd gotten his messages off, and forgot that he'd been blocked...so never mind, I only know 1 ready to leave.

:blush: misread, forgot that sol was trapped N1; I was gambling that he'd gotten his messages off, and forgot that he'd been blocked...so never mind, I only know 1 ready to leave.

Easy enough mistake. I'm just glad I was the first to point out why my first Iran guess vote was oh so wrong. I'm wondering if that is the second assumption of mine that Marq was referring to be wrong.

1. Molly Mae

4. Thalia

9. golfjunkie

10. Marq- Voting for Curr3nt

Bumping so people do not have to go looking for it.

Going to go ahead and stick with maurice I think. Expecting Shadow to switch before 11.

If I am lynched you will have 3 baddies versus 5 goodies going into N3. With a RID Kill that is only stoppable by Iran redirecting England.

If Shadow goofed up and said too much at least there is a chance Iran and Argentine will try to leave giving you all a chance to clean them up some in D3.

However this lynch falls I believe the goodies are in a good position for most of them to win. :)

1. Molly Mae

4. Thalia

9. golfjunkie

10. Marq - Voting for Shadow

Adding Marq's vote via phone along with the note:

I am NOT able to actually access a computer after 6pm EDT...so its NOT a no-show....just not adding work to our Host....