BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Sixy Rollo

GLOVED

If 0: then S is last because the only change from GLOVES to GLOVED was S->D but the score dropped one. (If this is the case discard anything else I say after this)

If 1, then my next word is:

GROVES

If 0: then L is second because the only change from GLOVES to GROVES was L->R but the score dropped one. (If this is the case discard everything else I say after this)

If 1: My next word is:

CLOVES

If 0: G is the first letter because the only change from GLOVES to CLOVES was G->C, but the score dropped one. (If this is the case discard everything else I say after this)

If 1: My next word is:

GLOBES

If 0: V has to be fourth because the only change from GLOVES to GLOBES was V->B but the score dropped one. (If this is the case, discard everything I say after this)

If 1: O has to be third, as we have proven all letters from GLOVES NOT to be the point, meaning by process of elimination this has to be the correct letter.

Edited by Aaryan

If 1: O has to be third, as we have proven all letters from GLOVES NOT to be the point, meaning by process of elimination this has to be the correct letter.

edit for my above post ^^^

At the end it says GLOVES NOT, but so as not to confuse you, only GLOVES was the word. NOT was capitalized for effect.

I just want to point out that I think Aaryan's multiple posts/logic was OK because no letters were proven at the time. If that had not been the case then it would have been unreasonable as it may have denied somebody else the opportunity to guess. When we soon establish a new thread with the community-determined rules, the host wont need to make this kind of call because it will be covered by the rules in the opening post.

Unfortunately, Aaryan, every letter was tested except for the one letter that has scored. If you review the guesses I'm sure that you will see it immediately.

??????

GLOVES - 1 	RATIOS - 0 	GLOVED - 1 

ZYMASE - 0 	WARBLE - 0 	GROVES - 1 

ORRERY - 0 	OLIVES - 1 	CLOVES - 1 

TABLES - 1 	STRAND - 0 	GLOBES - 1 

TABLED - 1 	MASTCI - 0 	PRAYER - 1 

Score Changes: none yet

Edited by WombatBreath

The E is the common one that is in all the words that have 1 point so it must be ????E?

Edit: My guess is CASHEW.

Sorry, but that does not constitute a proof.

??????

GLOVES - 1 	RATIOS - 0 	GLOVED - 1 	CASHEW - 3  (congrats!)

Score Changes: none yet

NEPHEW (all yours TheCube)

GLOVES - 1 	RATIOS - 0 	GLOVED - 1 	CASHEW - 3 

Score Changes: TheCube +35, WbB +16

WombatBreath - 522

fabpig - 232

Thalia - 175

Maurice - 135

curr3nt - 121

Quag - 105

JDave - 100

Maquis - 78

Aaryan - 15

Benjer3 - 10

dawh - 5

TheCube - 40

Don't you get 5 extra points for my incorrect logic? Anyways, let's begin: ??????

True but the scores aren't a motivator for me, and it took me a while to get the hang of constructing proofs other people could follow easily. Anyway... ...I'll try and eliminate some vowels first...