BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Aaryan

Question

"RRRRIIIIIIINNGGG!!!", screeches the irritating phone in your small office. "RRRRIIIIIIINNGGG!!!"

"Who is this?"

"Yes, is the Officer Smith?" says a deep voice.

"Yes, this is DETECTIVE Smith's office." you say irritably. Why don't they get that you're not a part of the force?

"Well, I have some information on a kidnapping. That of my girlfriend."

You sit up straight. "Well, what can you tell me?"

"I'd rather we met in person" boomed the voice.

Suspiciously, you ask: "Where?"

A laugh. "You sound suspicious. How about Town Square?"

"I live too far away."

A pause. "Maybe down at my favorite pub, Morty's?"

"OK, I'll see you there. How will I recognize you?"

I'll recognize you. You're famous, Mr. Smith."

He hangs up.

You dial a number branded into your brain, almost without thinking.

"Jones, I'll need a few officers down at Morty's. Bring Benson. I'll explain when I get there.'

Down at Morty's, you meet up with Jones, Morris, Spalding, and Benson.

"We'll see what this guy know." you say shortly.

Ah, Morty's. The good old pub. You greet the good old patrons like Bonavona and WB, then sit waiting for the mysterious caller. For a while you wait, but soon you have to go to the bathroom. It's been a while since you came to Morty's, and you have to remember.

"Down the hall behind the counter, take a left, and the Men's room is on the left...no, right."

A few steps down the hall, right before that crucial left turn,the huge man in front of you stops for a moment.

Since you're too busy thinking,you bump right into him.

"Oh, goodness, sorry! I didn't see you there!" you say embarrassed.

"I was just.. ah, Officer Smith! I told you I'd recognize you!" he says.

"Ah, yes. Mr..."

"Gils. Simon Gils."

"Yes Mr. Gils. Now before you tell me your story, you need to excuse me a moment."

You rush out the door.

"Jones, I need a bug. This story could get interesting. I don't trust this guy."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 answers to this question

Can we go to the bathroom first, please? Maybe we can relieve ourselves and take a snoop around. It's kinda suspicious that we had to wait so long for him to show up and he was in the john the whole time.

^^ i change my mind. i agree with this, but then i want to hear the story. :)

Yeah, I totally don't understand that. According to the story, YOU are confused which way to go. You bump into him the in hallway on the way to the restroom.

"For a while you wait, but soon you have to go to the bathroom. It's been a while since you came to Morty's, and you have to remember.

"Down the hall behind the counter, take a left, and the Men's room is on the left...no, right."

A few steps down the hall, right before that crucial left turn,the huge man in front of you stops for a moment.

Since you're too busy thinking,you bump right into him."

Ok, so the riddle here is...

To figure out what the riddle is? Seriously, what's the riddle here? So you don't trust the guy, big deal. Your a cop. It's your job to not trust the guy.

Ok, so the riddle here is...

To figure out what the riddle is? Seriously, what's the riddle here? So you don't trust the guy, big deal. Your a cop. It's your job to not trust the guy.

This is not a riddle, but a text adventure, or scenario game. but it is similar to a riddle, but it only take a long time for the whole thing to unfold.

Seriously, YOU are confused, not the guy. This is a *bad* riddle. Worded differently, it would work. Also needs a question at the end.

hes done things like this before. is not his fault. i forgot, and i can only blame me. dont blame him. i was (and still am) a little confused, but i get the point.

dont beat up on other members, and i know its just the riddle your fighting, but it can easily get past that. be careful. :P

it should have something to specify what he was looking for, (like a "how did you know" or "whats wrong") but i get what the point was now. Its not a bad riddle.

Yeah, I totally don't understand that. According to the story, YOU are confused which way to go. You bump into him the in hallway on the way to the restroom.

"For a while you wait, but soon you have to go to the bathroom. It's been a while since you came to Morty's, and you have to remember.

Since you're too busy thinking,you bump right into him."

Yes but read carefully what the man says At the beginning. His "favorite pub"

This is not a riddle, but a text adventure, or scenario game. but it is similar to a riddle, but it only take a long time for the whole thing to unfold.

Actually, brain storm, it is quite the opposite. As I said before, it is unlike Leslie Youngs, which ask you what to do step by step.

I definitely should have made the point clearer, though.

Seriously, YOU are confused, not the guy. This is a *bad* riddle. Worded differently, it would work. Also needs a question at the end.

Yes, it should have been better worded. I remember this from some riddles I read a long time ago. I coudnt remember how the author explained it, so i did my best.