BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Minecraft Mafia

@Blablah - Were Herobrine and Notch's actions Traps or Blocks?

Looking over the stuff again if they were traps then I think Slick and GMaster could be blocking or redirecting characters. Per Lava Kill >RID >Future Block> Block> Redirect >Trap wouldn't the Block and Redirect happen before the Trap?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Blablah - Were Herobrine and Notch's actions Traps or Blocks?

Looking over the stuff again if they were traps then I think Slick and GMaster could be blocking or redirecting characters. Per Lava Kill >RID >Future Block> Block> Redirect >Trap wouldn't the Block and Redirect happen before the Trap?

Or is that only referred to if there is conflict with actions? Like if a Blocker and Trapper targetted each other?

@curr3nt - I would also like to know that response (I marked (?) but I forgot to ask the public questions :duh: thanks).

Also, the way I see BlaBlah's order/precedence (from previous games) it's not a "chronological order" (what I generally use as ">>").

I.e. I think Block > Trap means a trapper CAN trap a blocker if the blocker does not target the trapper first.

Scenario 1 - A (blocker) blocks B, C (trapper) traps A. Even if block > trap, since A does not target C - the trapper is able to act and trap A.

Scenario 2 - A (blocker) blocks C, C (trapper) traps A (or whoever). Because block > trap, A blocks C before C's trap happens.

@BlaBlah - can you give us a small yes/no on the above example (scenario 1 and 2)?

Thanks.

@Curr3nt - For Notch and Herobrine, roll dice is (1-kill, 2-save, 3-block, 4-redirect, 5-vote manipulate, 6-choose). I believe 6-choose means choose between 1 to 5 so traps are not possible. So, re-reading the first two bits of the night-post again, I still don't see redirects/vote manipulation possible. Either they both rolled a 3 or one rolled a choose and chose block.

I may be wrong about Herobrine, since the post resembles (somewhat) Squid's role description. However that would be a "mimic" and not a choose IMO.

@all - I don't think today's lynch is going very good. Not enough answers/vote movement.

Framm, peace and say have 3 votes. Marq has 2. And none gave a very good defense.

Again, none of the blocked players have been pressured enough although they should have been prime candidates for questions *shrug* This can be done in another day too or investigated by night-spies,

but I get the distinct impression that we're shooting ourself in the leg here:

- Any of the apparent inactives can be Water, just waiting to be lynched and not making an appearance on purpose.

- Any of the apparently tied players can be a goodie, which, per host's rules gives "each person in the tie has an extra vote on them for future lynches."

Tying is not good. This is not a LYLO (Lynch or Lose) situation, it's not even a MILO (MIslynch and LOse) situation. We can lynch someone today even if it's a mistake.

It's day 1. Ties would give extra votes on the tied players in future lynches, which makes the factions with BTSC/coordination likelier to mount an attack/lynch a person which already has some votes on him.

If push comes to shove (one hour before the end of the day, and no clear Indy or baddie is shown, I would rather ask for a public (or private vote redirect) bandwagon on a single person than letting an apparent tie or one that can be staged by the Indy/ Baddie vote redirect to maximize impact on goodies/enemies involved in the tie.

This is something to remember on the following days as well ... TIES are only good to those that KNOW they are not involved in them (i.e. factions with BTSC).

Didn't take myself out of the list because I was trying to remember to leave Molly out. Brain couldn't handle two thoughts at once at that time. Had I been thinking I would have replaced myself with Blablah again because I think trying to lynch the host would be amusing.

Second part agreed. Will be working on a spreadsheet when I get time. Looking forward to what you come up with.

See earlier post, was kind of trying to mock the random voting. Looking over the list though I wouldn't mind hearing more from the top 5. Not sure how that works with your "natural information flow". Taking pressure off of you for the time being since I am taking you at your word that you will provide more info when you have had time.

My defense: I'm not playing. :P

Nightpost (if I understand it correctly, though some of BlaBlah's intentions are a little unclear to me):

Herobrine blocked(?) Slick.

Notch blocked(?) GM.

Cow blocked Hrkala.

Skeleton redirected Araver.

Squid trapped MM. Ice means spy so Squid knows who MM is.

Sheep did not prevent the NK (unsuccessful save?).

Creeper killed Solman.

Zombie followed Abhisk.

For the time being, I only have one big question. From Spider's RD I see he can chase a person each night and manipulate his vote. Spider does not appear in the RD.

If Spider chases someone successfully, is that shown in the night-post?

If the answer is 'Yes', as I suspect, then most likely one of Slick, GM, Hirk and Molly is Spider.

And another question If Ghast makes an incorrect RID Kill, is that shown in the night-post?

You were correct in identifying my intentions. Spider is not shown in the night post, nor is Ghast's unsuccessful (incorrect or otherwise stopped) RID kill.

@curr3nt - I would also like to know that response (I marked (?) but I forgot to ask the public questions :duh: thanks).

Also, the way I see BlaBlah's order/precedence (from previous games) it's not a "chronological order" (what I generally use as ">>").

I.e. I think Block > Trap means a trapper CAN trap a blocker if the blocker does not target the trapper first.

Scenario 1 - A (blocker) blocks B, C (trapper) traps A. Even if block > trap, since A does not target C - the trapper is able to act and trap A.

Scenario 2 - A (blocker) blocks C, C (trapper) traps A (or whoever). Because block > trap, A blocks C before C's trap happens.

@BlaBlah - can you give us a small yes/no on the above example (scenario 1 and 2)?

Thanks.

Basically, a block action will take place regardless of traps. However, unless the trapper was blocked, the trapped person will still be trapped (i.e. 50% chance spy and the no voting/posting during day.)

... I think Blablah focused on the wrong post AND I missed that trap wasn't an option in their list. I had them listed as random. So it should be somewhat safe to remove those roles from them as possibilities...maybe...if Blablah would just please confirm for sures.

@Araver - Who do you suggest focusing on? I'm heading out to the movies tonight and my phone is too cheap to access websites. I won't be on during the time frame. I'll be around for the next 30 min or so. Otherwise... hoping for a good lynching.

If anyone cares to know what I think of Sucker Punch I can try to include in a spoiler when I get back. Not a professional movie reviewer but I play one on tv.

First off, Herobrine and Notch both had blocks.

And now he posts... What about a block against a blocker?

hate editing in mafia games but... What about redirect against a blocker?

As for a block against a blocker, both are successful, that is to say, the block blocking the blocker will effectively not work, because the second block will go through.

And because block trumps redirect, a redirect will be useless against a blocker.

Sooo... Molly Mae, Slick, Gmaster and Hirkala *could* be Herobrine, Notch and/or Cow ... along with all the roles without a night action or didn't act. Since their block action would go through before they were also blocked, trapped or killed. Molly Mae could also be Skeleton since the redirect would happen before the trap but Squid would know for sure.

Gah...Solman could be any of those too. (Except not likely Skeleton)

@BlaBlah - thanks for all the answers.

Some were somewhat unexpected :( Spider and Ghast not being shown if unsuccessful... I would have bet their attempts will be shown since Sheep's unsuccessful save is. :hmm:

Also, the way I interpreted the order is not good, this is messing up my previous reasoning. :(

I should have probably kept quiet. I'm withdrawing my comment on Spider being one of the 4 blocked/trapped persons in N1.

@Curr3nt - I have no positive idea. Just ideas of what NOT to do. I will switch my vote to someone who is tied right now, and pray it works.

And will be available if I hear a good defense before 8 PM EDT.

Shamelessly bandwagoning on someone who has been here and has presented no defense as a likely candidate to lynch. Please read

Server Owner: Blablah

1) Vineetrika

2) Peace - voting for Framm

3) Slick - voting for Peace

4) Araver - Voting for Peace

5) Hirkala - Voting for sayalzah

6) Framm - Voting for Peace

7) Abhisk - Voting for Araver

8) solman - Dead: Killed by Creeper

9) GMaster479 - voting for Marq

10) maurice - voting for Peace

11) EDM - voting for Framm

12) curr3nt - Voting for sayalzah

13) Marq - voting for Framm

14) Shadow - Voting for sayalzah

15) darth nox - voting for Marq

16) sayalzah

17) Molly Mae - Trapped. Cannot post or vote.

I'll keep my vote where it is then...

I can't advise you on that. I considered say too, but he did not vote at all. Which makes him slightly likelier to be Water than peace who voted early.

IMO, if one would want to get lynched, one would not try to blend in, most likely either play dead or blatantly making mistakes on purpose to get lynched.

Same reason can be used on Framm. He gave a typical almost zero-knowledge defense that means he can be anyone. If he were Water, he would have known how to get himself lynched. And he didn't. I have no idea who peace or Framm are, but they don't look like Water to me. At least not from what they did so far.

It is really hard to vote on D1. I am not sure who to put it on. I have been following this thread whole day and there is no information that would help me. I am totally lost. This is what I think. All the roles (goodie/baddie/indy) that show in the night post appeared, so the blocked players must have the roles that do not show in the night post.

1. Do spies show in the night post ?

2. If Creeper picked a target for future block, will it show in the night post ?

Edit: grammer

Edited by Vineetrika

@BlaBlah - thanks for all the answers.

Some were somewhat unexpected :( Spider and Ghast not being shown if unsuccessful... I would have bet their attempts will be shown since Sheep's unsuccessful save is. :hmm:

Also, the way I interpreted the order is not good, this is messing up my previous reasoning. :(

I should have probably kept quiet. I'm withdrawing my comment on Spider being one of the 4 blocked/trapped persons in N1.

@Curr3nt - I have no positive idea. Just ideas of what NOT to do. I will switch my vote to someone who is tied right now, and pray it works.

And will be available if I hear a good defense before 8 PM EDT.

You misunderstand. Spider and Creeper are not shown at all, and Sheep is an exception because the save was technically not blocked, and the action still went through. It was just on the wrong person.

It is really hard to vote on D1. I am not sure who to put it on. I have been following this thread whole day and there is no information that would help me. I am totally lost. This is what I think. All the roles (goodie/baddie/indy) that show in the night post appeared, so the blocked players must have the roles that do not show in the night post.

1. Do spies show in the night post ?

2. If Creeper picked a target for future block, will it show in the night post ?

Edit: grammer

1: Yes.

2: Creeper is a passive role and will not show at all.

Edited by Blablah99

Wow each time I clicked next page, there was a new page at the bottom. :lol:

Anyways, few suspicions right off of the bat here.

Framm: Why would you vote for peace(2 votes) when you had 3 votes, and sayalzah also had 3? Wouldn't the logical thing to do is vote for sayalzah, since that would add one more vote on you next time? Unless you guys are comrades...

On all people that have many votes on them, and have not defended anything, you are on my suspicion list too...why would anyone do that? Do you want to get more votes onto you? Do you not care if you are lynch? Or do you know that you are somehow safe.

Anyways I'm probably still being paranoid here...

Question to blah:

Notch and Herobrine had the same die roll action: block. So does that mean that they will both always have the same die roll action, or was that just random?

I'll be active till the end of the day.

EDIT: I finally remember the thrill of mafia again :D

Edited by abhisk

There are overall 8 goodies and 9 non-goodies. Soloman is gone, am not sure which side. If you look at the probability for lynching a goodie is 50% or even less. I say we should pick who we think is not a goodie and we have 45 minutes to do that. I am still thinking.

Shamelessly bandwagoning on someone who has been here and has presented no defense as a likely candidate to lynch. Please read

Server Owner: Blablah

1) Vineetrika

2) Peace - voting for Framm

3) Slick - voting for Peace

4) Araver - Voting for Peace

5) Hirkala - Voting for sayalzah

6) Framm - Voting for Peace

7) Abhisk - Voting for Araver

8) solman - Dead: Killed by Creeper

9) GMaster479 - voting for Marq

10) maurice - voting for Peace

11) EDM - voting for Framm

12) curr3nt - Voting for sayalzah

13) Marq - voting for Framm

14) Shadow - Voting for sayalzah

15) darth nox - voting for Marq

16) sayalzah

17) Molly Mae - Trapped. Cannot post or vote.

Sorry that I couldn't get on earlier, but over the weekend I will be way more active. Obviously there is no need to vote, and I'll post more after I read the thread.

You misunderstand. Spider and Creeper are not shown at all, and Sheep is an exception because the save was technically not blocked, and the action still went through. It was just on the wrong person.

Thanks. You are correct. I misunderstood the response.

Adding what Vine asked and BlaBlah's answer about spies...

Not shown at all: Spider, Creeper. Also: Character (vote manip), Slime (vote extra), Zombie Pigman (vote manip), Lava, Water (no action).

Always shown (if not blocked or inactive) 9/17:

----Goodies 6/8: Pig (kill), Sheep (save), Cow (block), Chicken (spy), Squid (trap/spy), Notch (if kill/save/block/redirect)

----Baddies 2/4: Skeleton, Zombie

----Indies 1/5: Notch (if kill/save/block/redirect)

Shown only if successful: Ghast (RID Kill)

Only 7 roles shown in Night1. Pig most probably did not act, Chicken is dead or was blocked.

Great. Which means (barring cross-blocks which apparently work), out of GM, Hirk, Slick and Molly one is Chicken (That sounds weird) and the other are some of {Spider, Character, Slime, Zombie Pigman, Lava and Water}. Not nice.

No definite idea so far. Will keep my vote for now, and my eye on one of the 4 mentioned above, without trying to lynch any of them.

@Abhisk - I did not see that move Framm pulled. I'd say he was either covering say or semi-clear him if he knew Say's role. But with spies being shown (and no spies shown), the latter is impossible. Hence he either covered Say (semi-paranoid version) or miscounted(?).

I'm not budging my current vote, but I'll keep that in mind.

Well thing is anyone can say that they miscounted. But I don't think that you can miscount this especially since sayalzahs color was brown. But maybe?

Also when does the day end? I didn't catch it, and assumed it was 24 hours after night post, but I think Vineetrika said it ended at 5.

Well thing is anyone can say that they miscounted. But I don't think that you can miscount this especially since sayalzahs color was brown. But maybe?

Also when does the day end? I didn't catch it, and assumed it was 24 hours after night post, but I think Vineetrika said it ended at 5.

I assumed 8 PM EDT (like in the OP) *shrug*.