BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

:D A regular hexagon has a square attached to each side. No square goes into the inside of the hexagon. And, there is no part of a line that is not touching the square. If the perimeter of the hexagon is 144 in., than what is the area of all squares put together?:o
First, you would divide 144 by the number of sides in a hexagon to get the length of each side. (144/6=24) Then, you know that the length of one square is also 24 in. Since a square has four equal sides, all sides are 24 in. You multiply the heighth by the width. (24*24=576) 576 ONE square's area. Because there are six square (one for each side of the hexagon), you multiply 576 by 6. (576*6= 3,456) So, all of the squares area put together is 3,456 in.

9 answers to this question

:D A regular hexagon has a square attached to each side. No square goes into the inside of the hexagon. And, there is no part of a line that is not touching the square. If the perimeter of the hexagon is 144 in., than what is the area of all squares put together?:o
First, you would divide 144 by the number of sides in a hexagon to get the length of each side. (144/6=24) Then, you know that the length of one square is also 24 in. Since a square has four equal sides, all sides are 24 in. You multiply the heighth by the width. (24*24=576) 576 ONE square's area. Because there are six square (one for each side of the hexagon), you multiply 576 by 6. (576*6= 3,456) So, all of the squares area put together is 3,456 in.

im only in 5th grade. sorry. and i was the only one in my advanced class who figured this out. plus, i only joined 2 days ago. i'll post harder ones when i think of them.

yeah lol I could do this in 2nd grade without blinking (except I might've needed a calculator for 576*6)

Really? Man, you were super advanced for a little tike, especially for being in the U.S. In second grade, I was just learning my multiplication tables. I wouldn't have been able to solve this problem until fourth grade, and I was among the best math students in my class. B))

im only in 5th grade. sorry. and i was the only one in my advanced class who figured this out. plus, i only joined 2 days ago. i'll post harder ones when i think of them.

Well done, and welcome. It's a tough crowd in this forum, with some very advanced problem solvers who have a lot of math experience, but not all the members are like that, so if you keep improving in your skills and posting more difficult problems, you can be sure there will be plenty of people who enjoy solving them. :D

Really? Man, you were super advanced for a little tike, especially for being in the U.S. In second grade, I was just learning my multiplication tables. I wouldn't have been able to solve this problem until fourth grade, and I was among the best math students in my class. B))

maybe I exaggerated a little bit :P

third grade

yeah, man, don't worry, it was a good puzzle

although, if you want my opinion, the only thing you did that I didn't like was post a spoiler before-hand

if there isn't a spoiler, I'm more tempted to answer it

:D

yeah, man, don't worry, it was a good puzzle

although, if you want my opinion, the only thing you did that I didn't like was post a spoiler before-hand

if there isn't a spoiler, I'm more tempted to answer it

yeah keep up the good puzzles... the harder the better ;D and yeah I'm like Ploper, if there's a spoiler answer I'm just gonna look at it and not bother to try unless the puzzle really caught my eye